Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 12424 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2014, 01:53:08 AM »
And since we are talking about second runners with little time, why not create a list of the contestants that actually used their time well despite victory being far out of reach? These contestants never seem to get enough credit. I name this the "down, but not out" contestants:

- Jennifer (Blue Pearl)
- Zac (Bandit Queen) (I know he gets a lot of praise, but it was very impressive that with 1:18 left that he still pulled off a victory and completed 3 rooms to do so. That's how you move in the temple, folks!)
- Nick (Annie Oakley) (Even if he didn't make any progress, at least he made it to where Chandra was taken out after she was removed one room away. And he took a shortcut.)
- Katie (Imperial Wizard)
- Elisa (Ivan the Terrible)
- Matthew (Belle Boyd)
- Jennifer (Madame Tussaud) (She took a shortcut and almost completed the Silver Monkey)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2014, 02:07:23 AM »
Wait, Nick the "Let's put the King's Storeroom key in an awkward place" guy is on this list? ;) I do agree with you though, he used the Mine Shaft/Shrine passage instead of waiting for the elevator to come back up. Something Chandra failed to do. I totally agree with you on Jennifer from Melted Head too. At least she was a shouter who pulled her weight and had something to show for. Same with Jay from Good Luck Watch.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2014, 02:16:53 AM »
I think Nick deserves a place on this list.  :mrpurple: With 45 seconds left, he actually made it to where Chandra was taken out. That is pretty good considering he to enter 8 rooms to get there. Most Season 2 contestants would give up on the bottom floor.

And time for another list.  :lol: Here is a list of players that had to earned the right to shout at their partners:
- Fred (Anne Bonny) - Fred moved fast in her short time in the temple. Plus, Ron was screwing around too much.
- TJ (Metal Beard) - He also moved fast in the temple and Randy's exit plan was a valid reason for screaming.
- Elisa (Ivan the Terrible) - Awesome comeback.  :mrgreen:
- Jay (Empress Eugenie) - Another awesome comeback and he might've pulled it off if it wasn't for the Jester's Court detour.
- Jennifer (Madame Tussaud) - Unpopular opinion.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:23:34 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2014, 02:29:02 AM »
I'm not saying Nick didn't deserve it. It was just weird to me what he did to the King's Storeroom key. :lol: I totally agree about TJ from Metal Beard, another episode I've seen recently. Can you imagine if Randy did NOT make it out in time? We probably would've had another "fall to your knees" scenario ala Chris from Golden Pepperoni. :lol: I also agree with Jennifer. Like I said above, contestants like her, TJ, and Jay had something to show for in their runs. Same with all the other contestants you listed. Jennifer is definitely not a terrible player in any way, shape, or form.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »
Add me to the list of few people who think Jennifer gets too much flack. I mean, there's no way she would win with the time she had left because of the freaking partner wasting time. And she's not the only one who shouted. Dana and Lauren shouted less than her and they were much, MUCH worse. And at least Jennifer made some progress. She skipped the central shaft completely (granted, it is risky since they don't know where the half pendant is) and almost assembled the Monkey compared to those two I mentioned.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2014, 02:29:33 PM »
The funny part about Dana is that even with 20 seconds, she still screwed up. She took the bottom door of the Ledges that led to the bottom door of the pit... And while I can understand her shouting at her incompetent partner, she was more rude than encouraging. She is definitely the worst of the bunch. :roll: Lauren was not really as mean as Dana, but she also yelled way more than her too. It was like she couldn't stop screaming for 2 seconds. And Brett was no where near as bad as Jason either. And she made the same amount of progress as Dana, but she had a minute to herself.

RP was right when he said "Lauren fails as a human being."  :roll:  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:31:02 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2014, 04:11:07 PM »
I still remember the exact quote Renegade said about Lauren:

"Lauren fails as a human being. If you yell incessantly at your partner to hurry up, but it takes you over ten seconds to get from where Kirk is standing to the Ledges, then you should NOT be on the show."

I cracked up so hard when I first read that. And it's still funny today. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2014, 01:09:07 AM »
Most of RP's reviews were great. These were the ones that were the most memorable and always made me laugh:

- Golden Cricket Cage
- Blackbeard
- Lost Hammer
- Robin Hood
- Grandy Nanny
- Missing Weather Maps
- Icarus
- Enormous Feather
- William Tell
- Smashed Printing Plate

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2014, 01:15:23 AM »
I liked how Blackbeard's episode summary was nothing more than a timeline, just to emphasize how dumb Sabrina was. :lol: And the summary for Cricket Cage was just great. Here's my favorite part of the summary:

"The temple diagram above speaks for itself, this is easily the worst temple run in the entire series. Anyone who questions that is as retarded as John and Tia were."

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2014, 01:19:57 AM »
I also remember another line from the Golden Cricket Cage review.

"You thought the girl from Blackbeard's Treasure Map was mentally challenged? These two jokes made it through four rooms in 3 minutes". I also liked how he emphasized how John was out a breath at the end of his run, as if he ran a marathon. These are lines that I can never forget.  :lol:  :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2014, 01:46:17 AM »
Plus, I liked his description on how Karisa "was the most retarded contestant of Season 3." That was brilliant. :lol:

While we're on the subject of Enormous Feather, they had to have been one of the most undeserving teams to make it to the temple. I've seen people like outerspace say that teams like Enormous Feather and Lily Crested Crown "were great teams and deserved to go to the temple." For Enormous Feather's reasoning, it was because the Purple Parrots "only won the third temple game." For Lily Crested Crown, apparently the Purple Parrots cheated in their temple games. Is that really true? I've seen Lily Crested Crown a bunch of times, and I didn't see any cheating at all. And if there was, it certainly was an honest mistake. Maybe I'm just not seeing something here.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2014, 01:50:04 AM »
outer space was so hypocritical that I wonder if he is trolling or being serious at times. :? It's funny that he would call Karisa and David a deserving team, but then he would criticize the War Fan team for going to the temple for the same way. I remember he even told a couple of people that we should not feel sorry for Jeremy and Elise. :roll: Seriously, his logic was very twisted sometimes. I mean this is the same person that called Chris from Lost Lariat" one of the "smartest players of Season 1". Really? And I don't remember any cheating in Lily-Crested Crown. If there was cheating, I am sure I would've already known now like we do with Ron and Jason from Printing Plate.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2014, 01:55:23 AM »
Yeah, I remember when he called Jeremy and Elise a horrible team, and said they didn't deserve to go to the temple. Yet Karisa and David were a deserving team just because "the Purple Parrots only won the third temple game." Hello, look at David and Karisa all episode for crying out loud. They barely scraped by the whole episode, while the Purple Parrots were pretty dominant at least until the tiebreaker. I usually don't like when teams barely win their third game, then go to the temple. But look at what Metal Beard and Lucky Pillow did with their comeback. He also said the Melted Head team "deserved to go to the temple" as well. But that one I'll give to him, see previous discussions of Jennifer and Nicholas.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2014, 01:57:55 AM »
Also, I decided to compile a list of temple runs I feel that are overrated:

- Shaka Zulu (No, you are not the best run ever because you have the fastest win)
- Anne Bonny (Ron blew this one the second he entered the temple. It was not an exciting and nail biter run)
- Butch Cassidy (A run that gets compared to many great episodes. Except that Paula was really not that great of a contestant)
- Ahmed Baba (There is just nothing special about this win whatsoever)
- Bent Shaving Pan (Why would anyone ever feel sorry for Irish and Brian? They were slow as crap and Irish even looked clueless at time. I don't feel sorry for the one room away guard either)
- Icarus (I found this whole run to be more painful than exciting and memorable)
- Roland (Yakerra did good, but she wasn't that great for Season 3 standards)
- Thornwood Gavel (Mike was great, but Kelli ruined this temple run just as bad as Karisa. So why does this one get love?)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2014, 01:59:56 AM »
Yeah, I remember when he called Jeremy and Elise a horrible team, and said they didn't deserve to go to the temple. Yet Karisa and David were a deserving team just because "the Purple Parrots only won the third temple game." Hello, look at David and Karisa all episode for crying out loud. They barely scraped by the whole episode, while the Purple Parrots were pretty dominant at least until the tiebreaker. I usually don't like when teams barely win their third game, then go to the temple. But look at what Metal Beard and Lucky Pillow did with their comeback. He also said the Melted Head team "deserved to go to the temple" as well. But that one I'll give to him, see previous discussions of Jennifer and Nicholas.

I am not really a fan of teams that come back in their last temple games, but this does not apply to all teams. Atahualpa, Davy Crockett, Metal Beard, and Annie Taylor are episodes that I feel their teams deserved to go to the temple. Alhambra and Butch Cassidy on the other hand did not deserve to do so.  :roll: