Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 11099 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2014, 09:58:26 PM »
Yeah, I would give those two a 10 in a heart beat. I would also give a 10 to Travis and Elisa no questions asked. They were flawless too even if they came up short. Which wasn't even their fault in the first place. Other than that, contestants like Missy, Jarrid, David, and Ty would come close to a 10 for me also. But they slightly miss out due to a small mishap. (Which isn't even a big deal to me)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2014, 10:03:46 PM »
Yeah, like Missy taking a "direct path" by climbing up to Medusa's Lair's door. And just because she supposedly didn't move fast. To me, it doesn't matter if a players moves slower, but still manages to win. Players like Tarrah and Missy handled their layouts well, even if they weren't Zac or Gator fast. Especially since their respective runs came down to the wire.

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2014, 10:54:46 PM »
Yeah, the half pendant thing is extremely nitpicky. If Robert and Olivia Emma won, and found a way to make it work, why focus on the worst? Same with Jarrid running into the Room of the Secret Password in Lost Hornpipe. I also agree that Gator and Jessica were THE two most flawless contestants in the temple. They're the only players I gave a 10 to for the temple run in my rankings of them. ;)

You know, I never can understand how people can nit-pick the littlest things in temple runs. Olivia-Emma didn't even need the half-pendant, so why should that be held against her? Also Gator and Jessica are beasts in the temple, definitely both top 10 players of all time worthy in my opinion. Also agree with Missy. She wasn't blazing fast, but she didn't need to be.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 10:56:12 PM by JCW555 »
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2014, 10:55:59 PM »
Yeah, like we said, Jessica, Jarrid, and Gator are some of the best players ever.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »
Would you guys say that Travis and Elisa were the best temple team ever on the show? Just think about it a little bit. Both players finished all three temple games before time was up. And their temple performance was absolutely flawless, and they still came up one room away from the artifact. I think temple run wise, the Ivan the Terrible team was the best overall. They didn't do a single thing wrong and still lost with that ridiculous layout. I would give them both a 10 in the temple.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2014, 03:07:05 PM »
Yeah, I would call them the best team ever. They were absolutely flawless in the temple, and still lost with an impossible layout. Either them or Jessica and Jarrid would be considered the best team ever. I still say Jessica and Jarrid were a little better though.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2014, 02:57:56 AM »
I wonder. Had Kimberly not choked after grabbing the Trident, how highly would we have regarded her?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2014, 02:54:03 PM »
She would probably be on the same level as Tiffani, Missy, and Tarrah. She definitely would've been considered one of the best players in the shows history. If only she didn't choke the moment she laid hands on that trident.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »
I wonder. Had Kimberly not choked after grabbing the Trident, how highly would we have regarded her?

I can see Kimberly being given a hard time for her win. Mostly because her temple guard placement would be pretty generous and she was pretty hesitant on the bottom floor. This win would probably rank in the "middle of the pack" for me too. Only because the run wasn't very exciting up to the point where she reached the Trident. And when she grabbed it, that is when it turned cringeworthy. :oops: But even the way she failed, I don't really like placing her with the likes of other contestants like the other Kims. Only because she was doing fine before she reached the Trident. But at the same time, the way she failed was really bad and should've never happened.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2014, 08:25:40 PM »
The only trouble I remembered from her before getting the Trident was getting up the Pharaoh's Secret Passage. Other than that, she was really quick.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:26:25 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2014, 08:27:25 PM »
Eh, I thought she moved average to me. Not too slow, but not that fast either. Either way, I think she would be very highly regarded around here if she never dropped the trident. It would probably be considered a Top 10 run around here too.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2014, 10:02:51 PM »
It's funny to think how different contestants would be perceived if they actually won or lost. Kimberly definitely would not get any criticism if she never dropped the Trident and won. Jason from Icarus probably would've been praised to if he won at the last second, and people would call it a nail biter ending. Although he was worse than Kimberly because he backtracked too much and his exit plan sucked balls.

What would you guys think of the Anne Bonny run if Ron used the Trouble Bridge and won? Would you think it was a great win or would it rank on the same level as wins like Snake Bracelet and Raccoon Collar?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2014, 10:06:39 PM »
I wouldn't even rank it on the same level as Snake Bracelet or Raccoon Collar honestly. He cheated in the moat, and that's hard to look past no matter who you are. I would probably rank it on the same level as Silk Ladder. The cheating totally ruined my view on the whole episode.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2014, 10:10:22 PM »
Yeah, Ron's cheating easily ruins this episode. Which is too bad, because the episode was pretty good aside from the cheating. Even if they did win, Ron still sucked in the temple. He moved so slow and he never even completed the Treasury of the Golden Orbs. Yeah, this run would definitely be a bottom feeder win. :roll:

I wonder what people would've thought of the Pirate Captain run if it actually ended in triple capture in the Room of the Secret Password? People would overlook Jarrid and Jessica's strong performance and Jarrid would be another Aqila where he would be considered the wort player of Season 3.  :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2014, 10:22:50 PM »
Maybe not worst player, but they definitely would've been more overlooked had Jarrid not gotten lucky. On the other hand, Lost Hornpipe would probably rank on the same level as Great Seal and Kamehameha. Exciting triple captures, even though the players were flawed and made too many mistakes. Even though the only mistake Jarrid made was his little detour, but still.