Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 10576 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2014, 11:05:26 PM »
I don't know about Annie. Just like with Damian, she really didn't last long either. Kevin should probably be on that list too. Albeit as an honorable mention, like Leah and Matthew.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2014, 01:43:33 AM »
Both Pirate Captain and Apanuugpak are both Green Monkeys run heralded as the best win from Season 3. Some people consider Pirate Captain as the best win while a lot of people like Apanuugpak much better. Both wins are almost flawless and feature the best contestants on the show. Which win do you guys like better?

Both wins are great, but I honestly like Pirate Captain more than Apanuugpak. And I won't lie, there is a pretty big margin between these two wins also. Pirate Captain was fun all the way through and Jessica and Jarrid were a great team in the temple. Both players dominating the temple made it a very exciting run. And the ending was great too. I love Apanuugpak too, but I think Amanda gets way too much credit for this win. She really didn't impress me at all and was average at best. You would think that she was a better contestant than Jarrid with the praise she gets sometimes. I am sorry, this win was all about Gator. It was a great win too, but Pirate Captain has more going for it then this run. I love Apanuugpak too, but I think Jessica and Jarrid's performance was the best on the show.  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2014, 01:47:11 AM »
I also like Lost Hornpipe a little better, for the exact same reasons you stated. Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed with Amanda. Honestly, I always found her to be just average at best. I echo your sentiments about how it was all about Gator. :mrgreen: In Lost Hornpipe, both Jessica and Jarrid owned everything. They had a hard layout scaling the central shaft, but they breezed through it like it was nothing. Apanuugpak is a great run, don't get me wrong. But Lost Hornpipe was just completely amazing. :mrgreen:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2014, 01:41:17 AM »
I thought of something. I wonder how the players fared if they had grabbed the heavier artifacts, especially on the lower floors when the crawl tubes were already tight enough.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2014, 01:43:40 AM »
Well, Tiffani managed just fine lugging out that huge helmet out of the temple. But yeah, imagine if either Jason or Dana actually DID manage to grab the smashed printing plate. That thing looked enormous. :shock:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2014, 03:03:32 PM »
Tarrah's artifact was pretty bulky too and she sort of had trouble carrying the Milk Bucket through the Ledges. You can actually see the bucket cracked at the end of the run too since she kept banging it against everything.

But Tiffani's artifact takes the cake for the biggest artifact. The Much-Heralded Helmet was like half her size. :shock: If you watch her exit the temple too, she avoids the Ledges crawl tube and goes up to the Crypt instead. Which was pretty smart because she would've struggled if she pulled that Helmet through the Ledges. She did a solid job getting that artifact out of the temple too.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2014, 03:06:45 PM »
Plus, Tiffani kept grunting and had trouble walking across the Pit while exiting the temple with the helmet. It's a miracle she could even hold that thing at all. You could also tell she was so tired out at the end of her run too.

On the flip side, imagine if Shem actually had more time to escape with the earring. Let's hope to god he didn't drop it ala Kimberly from Poseidon. He wouldn't even be able to find it. Especially with the green balls in the Pit. :shock:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
Yeah, Shem would be out of luck if he dropped the Golden Earring. That was the tiniest artifact for sure. Well, the Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary was pretty tiny too. If you don't count the strap that is. :P

The Smashed Printing Plate probably would've gave the Red Jaguars trouble too if they actually reached it. It was pretty big also, but at least it was slim so it probably could've been carried under the player's arms. The Much-Heralded Helmet was both big and bulky. Nothing could beat that artifact.  :o

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2014, 03:12:06 PM »
Yeah, Tiffani's artifact was easily the biggest artifact the show has ever seen. Though The Diary of Dr. Livingstone was pretty big too. But at least it was light enough for Brett to carry out of the temple. It just looked like an oversized, cartoonish looking book. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »
The Priceless Portrait and Missing Portrait were also big artifacts too. You can see Kristen struggling a little bit to get through the crawl tubes while carrying the Portrait in her arms. Kirk even had to take the Portrait from her so she could get out of the Ledges. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2014, 03:17:53 PM »
What about the Mush Pot Hat? That wasn't exactly the smallest artifact either. Plus, didn't Angela trip while exiting the temple, and broke off the handle of the Pot? I can imagine a pot being heavy to carry as well.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »
What about carrying the Melted Head out of the Temple? That things was huge already and I doubt it would even fit into a crawl tube.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »
That too. And what a creepy looking artifact that was too. I mean, a melted up face? *shudder* :shock:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »
I always wanted to see the contestants reactions when they brought out those creepy artifacts out of the temple. Like the Shriveled Hand or Melted Head for example. I mean, who would want to retrieve a broken off hand in the first place? :shock:  :lol:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2014, 03:25:44 PM »
They'd probably having trouble sleeping that night if they saw a severed up hand, or some plastic face. And here's another tiny artifact for you: The Raccoon Collar. It's a miracle the collar/pendant of life was actually strapped to something. :o