Best Female Player (Blue Barracudas)

Tabitha - Dr. Livingstone
Heather - Stone Head
Michelle - Electrified Key
Missy - Annie Taylor
Monica - Ivory Elephant
Danielle - Iron Mask
Jessie - Silk Sash

Author Topic: LoTHT Awards - Season 2 Edition: Best Female Player (Blue Barracudas)  (Read 7270 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: LoTHT Awards - Season 2 Edition: Worst "Failed Escape" Run
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 01:25:00 AM »
Yeah, voted for Icarus too. This temple run was just frustrating and irritating, not exciting or heartbreaking as people make it out to be. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: LoTHT Awards - Season 2 Edition: Worst "Failed Escape" Run
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:44 PM »
Icarus wins the Worst "Failed Escape" run award. :roll:

Next up is the Best "Triple Capture" run. This is the best run where the team runs into all three guards with less than 2 pendants.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: LoTHT Awards - Season 2 Edition: Best "Triple Capture" Run
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »
This one was way too easy. I voted for Missing Eye because this the only forgivable triple capture from this season. Michael and Emily were a good team, and their half-pendant was no where in sight. Plus, the temple run is pretty exciting and memorable too.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 10:03:41 PM »
Another easy one. Missing Eye all day. Nothing comes close. It's sad to think that Lost Love Letter places behind it for best triple capture (to me, at least). :roll:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 10:16:53 PM »
Missing Eye for me too. I literally hate all the rest of the triple captures.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 10:17:11 PM »
Yeah, Missing Eye is the only tolerable triple capture from this season. Which is no surprise why it wins this poll unanimously.  :mrsilver:

Next up is the worst triple capture.  :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: LoTHT Awards - Season 2 Edition: Worst "Triple Capture" Run
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
Can we just vote for all the non Missing Eye runs for this title? Seriously, they are all pathetic and none of them should've ended that way. Since I can only pick one, I am going to vote for Nathan Hale. Christina was a dumbass for missing that half-pendant. It was in plain view, James signaled it to her, and Kirk told her she passed it. Apparently, it went in one ear and out the other. She was so slow anyways, so I don't see this team winning.  :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 10:31:51 PM »
Holy crap, this is the hardest poll to date! :shock:

I guess I'll explain myself and hopefully it will lead me to my choice because as I'm typing this now, I really don't know, so let's break this down.

Missing Eye: No brainer, best loss of the group. This one will be discarded.

Nathan Hale: I really want to pick this one the most, but I still don't know. James was a good player in his short stay. Then Christina comes in and ruins it. She was slow, clueless, and missed the obvious half pendant that was pointed out to her. The run ended in quick capture. They weren't gonna win anyway, Christina was that bad. This is an embarrassing run to watch.

Harriet Tubman: Admittedly, this run was looking good until Ryann made the fatal mistake that lead to her capture in the Crypt. It was stupid, yeah, but I don't think it's the worst. Chris was pretty good before getting stumped in the Dark Forest, which is understandable because the doors were open to begin with for no reason.

Lost Love Letter: A mediocre loss, but not terrible. I can sympathize with the team because they had to deal with a broken Medusa's Lair, and Whitney handled it just fine. It was her speed that was the problem. Other than that, it wasn't awful.

Sacred Ring: Oh boy, here's where it gets really tough. Brian was bad and he didn't help matters by not pulling all three books and detouring into the Ledges, which had an avoidable temple guard. Gracelyn wasn't good either. She was slow and missed the obvious half pendant, even though it wasn't signaled to her. Still, it ended in capture. This was a bizarre layout though. This run was awful, but I don't know if it's worse than Nathan Hale.

Queen Nzinga: Wow, another doozy of a capture. Both players sucked, just like the Sacred Ring team. Benjamin was slow and mediocre, and so was Renee. She was worse though. She also missed the obvious half pendant and got caught in the next room. Not a lot of progress was made, and this layout was winnable (possibly similar to Butch Cassidy's layout if they were lucky to get it).

I'm still not sure. For me, it's either Nathan Hale, Sacred Ring, or Queen Nzinga. At first I wanted to pick Nathan Hale, but now I'm really torn between Sacred Ring and Queen Nzinga. Here's what I'll do. I'll let you guys discuss and I'll go with what you guys think. I just don't know, it's that hard. :o

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 10:33:49 PM »
I went with Nathan Hale. Like TRJ said, this run was dreadful. Christina had a half pendant POINTED OUT to her, and she still missed it. There's just no excuse for that. :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 10:34:45 PM »
Well that was quick. :lol:

Guess I'll go with my original instinct and pick Nathan Hale too.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 10:37:22 PM »
I was gonna pick Nzinga, since that run was a disaster too. But I just thought Nathan Hale was more painful to watch. While pretty much ALL the Season 2 triple captures (sans Missing Eye of course) were bad, Nathan Hale was still an obvious choice for me.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 10:41:25 PM »
I say the final three choices for me would be Nathan Hale, Nzinga, and Sultan Suleiman.

Missing Eye is obviously the odd man out for this vote. It was actually a pretty exciting run and had a memorable ending. Also, I can excuse the Silver Snakes for their passing of the half-pendant because it was ridiculously obscure.

Captain John Smith is just a "meh" run. I don't care about it at all, but it is not as bad as the next four. I would not vote for it either.

Harriet Tubman had a really disappointing ending, but I wouldn't vote for it either. First off, Chris actually made decent progress in this run. Second, the temple ending was pretty unique too with Ryann's time ending due to running in the wrong entrance room. Due to this, I find it memorable and this episode is the next weakest link.

Nzinga, Sultan Suleiman, and Nathan Hale would be my final three candidates. My rankings go like this:

Sultan Suleiman: Brian and Gracelyn were both responsible for their loss ending in such a crappy way. I blame Brian more than I do Gracelyn. I wouldn't vote for this run though because I remember it for the unique path and the Purple Parrots only triple capture. :P

Nzinga: This run is pure garbage and Benjamin and Renee sucked. This was an easy temple layout but Renee pissed it away when she could've found the half-pendant (which Claude found) or plow through the wall. Plus, both players were slow as balls.

Nathan Hale: See summary above.

I think Nathan Hale wins it in the end. Christina had so many chances to grab the half-pendant, but she still missed it. Even Kristen from Polynesian Girl found her half-pendant and she passed it up too.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »
I was about to pick Sacred Ring because that run was a complete train wreck that was painful to watch, but Christina has to be the worst player in a triple capture (not the worst in season 2 though, that honor goes to Claude). She didn't know what she was doing and she sucked at the Observatory puzzle. All five runs I didn't discard were pretty bad.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 10:43:58 PM »
I was about to pick Sacred Ring because that run was a complete train wreck that was painful to watch, but Christina has to be the worst player in a triple capture (not the worst in season 2 though, that honor goes to Claude). She didn't know what she was doing and she sucked at the Observatory puzzle. All five runs I didn't discard were pretty bad.

Yeah, Christina wouldn't have won if she found the half-pendant. She had 1:07 left when her time ended in the King's Storeroom. Most likely, the run would've been like Icarus where the team was forced down into the Jester's Court. She might've reached the artifact at best.

BTW, Claude from Lost Lion Tail didn't end in triple capture. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 10:48:05 PM »
Put simply, all but Missing Eye were bad. Either stupid mistakes were made, and/or easy half pendants were passed up. Most of the time, it was the latter. I mean, 3/6 of those runs featured players passing up half pendants. Isn't that kind of sad? I don't count Missing Eye of course, since nobody could really see the half pendant.