Poll

Which episode was better?

The Jeweled Necklace of Montezuma
2 (28.6%)
The Lion Slashed Jacket of Sacagawea
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 27, 2014, 07:00:04 PM

Author Topic: GLET Day 21-Opening Round: Montezuma vs Sacagawea  (Read 240 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
GLET Day 21-Opening Round: Montezuma vs Sacagawea
« on: February 26, 2014, 07:00:04 PM »
THE JEWELED NECKLACE OF MONTEZUMA
vs
THE LION SLASHED JACKET OF SACAGAWEA

Comparison:
The Jeweled Necklace of MontezumaThe Lion Slashed Jacket of Sacagawea
:jaguars2:  :iguanas2:  :monkeys2:  :barracudas2: :snakes2:  :parrots2:  :monkeys2:  :iguanas2:
:barracudas2:  :jaguars2: :iguanas2:  :monkeys2:
Kevin & KellyLauren & Mike
2 Pendants won (T-W-W)1 1/2 Pendants won (L-W-T-Tiebreaker)
Out of Time!Out of Time!
9 Rooms Entered7 Rooms Entered
TG: The Crypt, Medusa's Lair, The Dark ForestTG: The Tomb of Headless Kings, The King's Storeroom
A: The King's StoreroomA: The Room of the Secret Password

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: GLET Day 21-Opening Round: Montezuma vs Sacagawea
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 07:14:26 PM »
Montezuma easily for me. Yes Kelly screwed up with the monkey, but at least I remember the episode for that. I always forget Lauren, Mike, and the entire episode itself even exists. So this was an easy vote.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:40:20 PM »
I actually had to flip a coin for this. They're both equal to me.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 09:23:31 PM »
I actually have to agree with PP319 on this one. Both episodes were really close for me when deciding my vote. I know a long time ago I would've chosen Montezuma because I thought it was pretty exciting. But rewatching this episode recently was kind of frustrating. Especially the temple run which was exactly like Enormous Iron Nose Ring and the team still failed to even reach the artifact. It was definitely memorable though. I am not going to lie, Lion-Slashed Jacket was actually a pretty good episode to watch too. It had a good legend, creative temple games, and close competition before the temple run. The temple run was pretty boring though. I am going to keep my vote anonymous for now.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 09:39:29 PM »
Sacagewea = boring
Montezuma = memorable for the epic fail with the monkey

This was a no brainer for me. My vote stays. I actually hate Sacagewea. NOTHING was interesting about that episode. Nothing. =/

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 10:30:05 PM »
I won't lie, I actually voted for the Lion-Slashed Jacket episode. My opinion of Montezuma has changed over time and I just find the temple run frustrating for some reason. I use to think it was exciting, but Kevin and Kelly kind of blew it too much to enjoy it. Especially watching Kelly having a full minute to herself in the Shrine and not even getting the Silver Monkey assembled. This is one of those runs where the players blew a pretty generous layout. The Slashed Jacket is no means exciting and on my favorite episode list, but it did have some interesting points to it. I still like Montezuma, but it just has rubbed off on me lately. Not sure why either.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 10:56:55 AM »
I might as well reveal my vote. The coin flip landed in favor of Sacagawea. Even if it didn't come down to the flip of a coin, I still would've picked it. I like it just a tad more than Montezuma. I agree with TRJ that the Montezuma temple run keeps getting more frustrating to watch because it was basically the Iron Nose Ring layout and the team blew it big time. The Sacagawea team, while slow, had a hard layout and they were just the Silver Monkey's head away from getting the jacket (assuming the Room of the Secret Password would've opened, which I think it would have). Not to mention, I find Sacagawea to be a little more memorable for some reason. The only thing I remember from Montezuma is the monkey drop. That's not a good thing to be remembered for.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 02:30:33 PM »
Yeah, Mike and Lauren did make it pretty far with a tough layout that was pretty similar to Pirate Captain. Except they were a little bit slow. But then again, Mike also had a really quick Silver Monkey assembly before time was up. I liked the earlier rounds too like the legend and temple game sequence too. I do remember some of the earlier parts of Montezuma like the legend and the Blue Barracuda boy Caspian, but the temple run kind of turns me away from it now. It is an exciting run, but it is also pretty flawed. Kevin blew two chances at getting a solo victory and Kelly just couldn't assemble the Silver Monkey. Although the part about to falling over and getting thrown back up was pretty hilarious to watch. :lol: In the end though, I really don't mind if either episode progresses. At least it is not liked Nzinga and Anne Bonny where I died a little inside if either of those episodes progressed.  :oops:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 03:24:56 PM »
I literally cannot believe this vote is NOT unanimous. Are we watching the same show here, people? I cannot believe you guys would vote for an utterly boring episode with NO memorable moments, over an episode that does have an epic fail with the monkey, and is *gasp* more memorable. Okay I get it, I'm wrong and an idiot for voting for Montezuma. Let me spell this out for you. The Montezuma kids were more dominate pre temple, and the rest of the episode is pretty exciting actually. And I happen to actually like the temple run. Kelly dropped the monkey over the edge, big whoop. Therefore, it's more memorable. So it DID have something going for it. Sacagewea had nothing going for it. If it REALLY means that much to you guys, I'll change my vote to Sacagewea. That way, we won't have to worry about a tie. I get it, I have no taste whatsoever. So I'll get jumped on for absolutely no reason. I'll change my vote if it means THAT much to you guys.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:30:09 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 03:27:07 PM »
There, vote changed. Now you guys can rest easier knowing I changed my vote. I hate Sacagewea, I hate this episode. But, if it will speed things along, I have no choice. I know, I'm making too much out of this. So if you wanna cuss me out for this, go ahead.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 04:03:08 PM »
I don't know why you assume we will cuss you out just for having a different opinion. You make it sound like we are saying that anyone that votes for Montezuma is a bad guy. There is nothing wrong with liking Montezuma at all.  ;)  It is a decent episode and the temple run was pretty exciting. I even acknowledged Montezuma for being a worthy opponent for Sacagawea. And on the same token, I don't think that Sacagawea is a breath-taking episode that trumps Montezuma. In fact, that episode falls on my list of episodes that I could care less about.

And furthermore, I am not a mod and can't look at the poll results until the poll is officially up. So I had no way of knowing whether Sacagawea was winning or not. From the sound of it though, it looks like both Sacagawea and Montezuma are in a tight match. So it looks like you're not the only one voting for Montezuma. I don't expect you nor did I expect anyone to agree with my votes. If Sacagawea didn't advance, so be it. I wanted Leonardo Da Vinci to win the War Fan matchup, but I didn't feel inferior because I didn't pick the winning episode. After all, this is the Best Legends Episode Tournament. If an episode is truly good, it should be able to beat any opponent. Truth be told, both episodes are probably going to lose to Sultan Saladin next round anyways. I never said that you had to change your vote for Montezuma either. The matchups are much more interesting when they are close in results too instead of blowouts. I apologize for making anyone upset with my post. I won't drag on this argument any longer too. Now I am looking forward to the final results for this matchup. :P
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:07:50 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 04:15:57 PM »
If we can't agree, then I just won't play anymore. This is stupid, I'm sorry.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 07:02:34 PM »
I literally cannot believe this vote is NOT unanimous.

If everyone expected for all of these match-ups to end in unanimous votes and everyone held the same preconceived notions of which episodes were "better," then there would be no need for this whole tournament since every match would end unanimously with clear winners each time. That would be rather boring, in my opinion, since there would be nothing new or extra to gain from the experience. There would be no need for discussion since everyone would hold the same opinions as each other. We would not learn from each other's views, nor would we gain a better understanding of where each individual was "coming from."

Hopefully further discussion can be held in a positive, proactive manner that enhances and facilitates understanding.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »
The winner is
THE LION SLASHED JACKET OF SACAGAWEA
Didn't expect this to pull through the first round. Montezuma was much more memorable. I can hardly remember anything from Sacagawea.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts