Poll

Which episode was better?

The Treasure of Anne Bonny
5 (83.3%)
The Crown of Queen Nzinga
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: February 20, 2014, 07:01:46 PM

Author Topic: GLET Day 14-Opening Round: Anne Bonny vs Queen Nzinga  (Read 198 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
GLET Day 14-Opening Round: Anne Bonny vs Queen Nzinga
« on: February 19, 2014, 07:01:46 PM »
THE TREASURE OF ANNE BONNY
vs
THE CROWN OF QUEEN NZINGA

Comparison:
The Treasure of Anne BonnyThe Crown of Queen Nzinga
:barracudas2:  :jaguars2:  :monkeys2:  :parrots2: :jaguars2:  :monkeys2:  :snakes2:  :parrots2:
:monkeys2:  :jaguars2: :parrots2:  :jaguars2:
Ron & KatherineBen & Renee
1 1/2 Pendants won (L-W-W)1 1/2 Pendants won (W-L-W)
Reached Artifact!Captured! (1:07 left!)
8 Rooms Entered6 Rooms Entered
TG: The Room of Royal Gongs, The Throne Room, The Room of Fallen ColumnsTG: The Laser Light Room, The Swamp, The Dark Forest
A: The Room of Three TorchesA: The Lightning Room

Analysis: Oh fuck, why does one of these episodes have to advance? :roll: Anne Bonny was a shithole from the beginning. Ron cheated at the Moat by going around the row of tubes in which he was supposed to swim on. Katherine's nickname is Fred! :lol:  The Run was a disaster the minute Ron entered. He was slow, but he somehow grabbed the artifact. And then, he takes his sweet time by going the long way out of the Temple by going down the central shaft. Fred probably wanted to kill him.  :roll: 
Does anyone have a recent memory in Queen Nzinga other than the 3 rooms in a row guards? *cricket chirp* OK, let's see. The Red Jaguars were slow and Renee passed a half pendant that even two other slowpokes found in the exact same spot. It was interesting on how this was the only artifact in the Lightning Room.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: GLET Day 14-Opening Round: Anne Bonny vs Queen Nzinga
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 07:54:58 PM »
Wow, this is a hard one. :shock: I literally hate both episodes and don't want either one to advance. As for "recent memories" of this episodes, well, TRJ and I reviewed it recently. That's all I got. I can't wait until TRJ stumbles upon this thread and sees this. :lol: *insert rage and slew of :roll: :roll: smileys here*

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 09:21:20 PM »
What a coincidence, two episodes that we both recently review. Unfortunately, both episodes are pretty bad. I am with PPF where I don't think that either episode should advance. However, I am not going to hide my vote because I think this is a pretty obvious choice. I voted for "Anne Bonny" for this match-up. Ron was everything that went wrong in this episode. He got away with cheating at the moat AND blew an easy temple win with a poor exit plan. People also pick on Tara from Sir Edmund Hillary for the same thing, but I can forgive her for it. Not  Ron though as he had 50 seconds to bring the episode out and still failed. But Anne Bonny has some redeemable parts to it, like the interesting Pirate story and Fred's enthusiasm and performance. Nzinga on the other hand is just pure trash and I can't find anything good to say about it. Plus, the temple run ending was pure crap too and Renee should've found that half-pendant.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  At the end of the day too, I would rather pick a crappy failed escape over a crappy triple capture that should've been avoided. So Anne Bonny was an easy vote.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:22:27 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 10:32:19 PM »
Yeah, Anne Bonny for me too. And it looks like everyone else follows suit so far.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 10:46:58 PM »
Yeah, this one was a pretty easy vote for me too. Anne Bonny at least have a few things going for it, while Nzinga has crap. Anne Bonny even got a decent score (for a Season 1 episode at least) compared to the lowly score Nzinga got in the episode ranking for them.  :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:48:42 PM »
Why did this have to be a first round matchup? :roll:

Both are bottom 20 quality to be brutally honest, but I too picked Anne Bonny because it was a little interesting. Nzinga is just like Hannibal in which it's boring, forgettable, and bad. Anne Bonny is all of those things except forgettable, so yeah, that's why it gets my vote easily.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 10:55:25 PM »
So I guess this vote was easy after all. Though if there were a choice for "neither," I'd pick it in a heartbeat. Seriously, what a load of crap these episodes are. I hate the Red Jaguars. There temple runs are always my least favorite. Repulse team and repulsive episodes. :roll:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 08:09:28 PM »
The winner is 

THE TREASURE OF ANNE BONNY

Guess I was the only one who didn't want this piece of crap episode to advance. I hate Ron.  :roll:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »
I didn't want it to advance either. But then again, at least Ron reached his artifact. You couldn't even say that about Renee.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 12:36:31 AM »
I'm not surprised that Anne Bonny won this match-up. While Ron is the reason everything went wrong in this episode, at least some of the other rounds were a little interesting. Queen Nzinga was just crap all the way through. But yeah, I hate Ron too. I think he is just as bad as crap like Kim (Charles Lindbergh) and Karisa. He never use to get much criticism, but now he finally gets the criticism he deserves.