Author Topic: Expecting Too Much  (Read 839 times)

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Expecting Too Much
« on: August 21, 2006, 08:59:07 AM »
Was there ever an episode of Legends of the Hidden Temple that you thought would be such an awesome show, and it turned out to be one of the worst the shows ever aired?

There's definitely a few in season three. The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard is one that comes to mind. It sounded like such an interesting Legend, and possibly a great episode. What followed was the most racist Legend ever told on the show, and a layout that, if it hadn't been so hard, the team could very well have made it.

What other Legends did you have high expectations for and they turned out to be disasters?

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Expecting Too Much
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 09:10:52 AM »
When I first eard the title of the episode, I thought "Why on earth would they make an episode about the Klan?"

For this reason alone, I feel the episode is far less racist than it actually is.

Expecting Too Much
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:46:07 AM »
the bifocal monical of one eyed jack
it had been a while since i had seen a third season episode so i thout it would be good. but we all know how this story ends

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
Expecting Too Much
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 11:00:46 AM »
I still can't believe that, in this PC age, they got away with the "Mystical Spellbook" legend on a kids' show.  Ordinarily I would applaud such flying in the face of good taste, but it wasn't funny, it was just stupid.

And yes, I had the same reaction to the title.  This episode is about the KKK?

Judging by the title, I thought "The Plumed Headdress of Cosarara" might be interesting.  Then I watched the episode.  Idiotic legend about King Ludwig's horse, and a pretty bad temple run.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Expecting Too Much
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 11:04:28 AM »
By the title of "The Lost Lion Tail of Little John", i thought it was going to be about Little John from the story of Robin hood.... but it wasn't. :P

Offline Aiselne

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yugiohforums.com/
Expecting Too Much
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 06:06:12 PM »
I took a peek at Grand Wizard's Run using Manderin Hand and I agree the run was a bit too tough for kids but Jared (frontrunner) wasn't entirely without fault. If he had taken the ladder directly to the Quicksand Bog instead of taking the long route his partner would have had around 23 second more to work with.* (If you want to nitpick 23.6 seconds depending on where you started) At her speed well enough time to make it to the Spellbook of the Grand...er...Imperial Wizard of Oz..or something.

*Note-If she had taken the Ledges directly instead of the long route (to her credit, almost no one ever did) She would have had around 7 more seconds. Which probably would have been a close loss.