Author Topic: Anyone else think they used "Golden" artifacts too often?  (Read 501 times)

Offline 60SecondsOnTheClock

• Official Clock Resetter
  • New Player
  • Silver Monkey! WHY U SO HARD TO ASSEMBLE!?
    • View Profile
Anyone else think they used "Golden" artifacts too often?
« on: February 13, 2014, 02:08:43 AM »
If i'm not mistaken they used "golden" artifacts 10 times. 11 if you count John sutter and the map to the lost gold mine. I know its very nitpicky but it just seems like too many times to use that particular adjective.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else think they used "Golden" artifacts too often?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 02:32:47 AM »
It was used way too many times, especially in Season 1. I swear, it was like every other artifact had the "golden" name to it. Thankfully, they weren't that excessive with it in the latter two seasons.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »
Season 1 was definitely the worst when it came to labeling all their artifacts as "Golden". Most of the the time, the artifacts did not even look golden anyways. Like "Elizabeth I's Golden Ship" did not even look golden in anyway. It was just some miniature ship that came from a ship-in-bottle or something like that. The only cool Golden artifact from that season was "The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa". After Season 1, there were only three "golden artifacts". That must be because the producers finally came up with better ideas for artifact names. :roll:

There were also a lot of "Lost" artifacts on the show. Naturally, they all came from Season 1 also And Season 1 had way too many generic artifact names too. (Helmet of Joan of Arc, Helmet of Genghis Khan, Keys to the Alhambra). I liked it when there was some kind of description in front of the artifact.

Offline 60SecondsOnTheClock

• Official Clock Resetter
  • New Player
  • Silver Monkey! WHY U SO HARD TO ASSEMBLE!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 08:47:45 AM »
I like a lot of the names of season 3 artifacts. "The bifocal-monocle of one-eyed Jack" is cool (even though the artifact itself looked odd with the eye painted on it). Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley is a good one too.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 11:06:21 AM »
Yeah, most of my favorite artifact names were from Season 3. Some examples include:

The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard
The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie
The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
The Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftain
The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror (unnecessarily long for no reason though)
The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson.

I am probably missing some, but all of these artifacts had good names. Season 2 had some good ones too like "Priceless Portrait", "Levitating Dog Leash", and the entire Annie Taylor production day. I didn't really like any of the Season 1 episode names.

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 01:02:42 AM »
I agree. Golden was used way too much in season one. Hell, two temple rooms were named Golden (Treasury of Golden Orbs, Room of the Golden Idols).
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.