Poll

Rate the Temple Layout: The Pendant of Kamehameha

Author Topic: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 35: The Pendant of Kamehameha  (Read 5412 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 20: The Golden Cup of Belshazzar
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »
I am glad that this one is unanimous so far. Unlike other runs with production errors like Golden Stallion and War Fan, the Red Jaguars had no chance from the start. I bet you give them any other Shrine run from Season 1 and they would've done much better. The only other one that I might say beats Belshazzar is Dead Man's Hand because there was no production error in that layout and that team still ran into a bunch of dead ends and detours. Both of those layouts were impossible.  :?

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2014, 09:43:07 PM »
Not to mention, Katherine and Sean already had terrible luck as it was having their run postponed. And then they finally get into the temple, and have to endure an impossible layout. The Dead Man's Hand team was equally as unlucky too. It's like every single door was unlocked, no matter what room Sara and Josh entered. I swear, the first part of Season 1 was so disorganized because of all these locked doors and/or production errors.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2014, 02:07:07 AM »
Belshazzar finishes with a solid 10.

Next up is the Pendant of Davy Crockett.  :mrsilver:

Day Twenty One - "The Collar of Davy Crockett"
Artifact Location - Shrine of the Silver Monkey
Players - Shannon and Adam
Rooms Entered - 6
Temple Guard Locations - Throne Room, Observatory

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 21: The Collar of Davy Crockett
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2014, 02:09:16 AM »
I gave Davy Crockett a 2. This temple layout was way too simple, and the Silver Snakes barely finished with any time. I blame most of this on Adam, who was so slow even after he grabbed the artifact. But most any other team would've won with this layout. The temple guard layout was kind of tricky, but even a mediocre team would've won.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2014, 02:29:18 AM »
I also gave it a 2. This layout was so easy, any team would've won. They really should've finished with more time, but Adam was too slow.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2014, 10:49:10 AM »
I gave Belshazzar a 10 on the production errors alone. The layout itself probably would've been of 7 quality, but the glitches caused the team to take a twisted route, only to be screwed over by another potential production error.

As for Davy Crockett, I actually gave it a 4. I agree that there is no excuse as to why this team won with only 5 seconds left with a layout like that, but I didn't think it was piss easy. Remember, both players had to scale the central column en route to the Collar and that's always a time consuming task. I know the objectives were all relatively easy, but I don't think this is worthy of a 2. A 4 sounds about right, but I do agree that this layout was pretty easy. Shannon was alright, but Adam was a slug. No reason for this run to come down to the wire.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2014, 02:45:24 PM »
I think I am going to change my score for Davy Crockett for a 3. PP319 is right about how this team was forced up the central shaft. Even worst, Shannon was taken out at the very top of the central shaft and Adam had to retrace her steps all the way there. Plus, they did have to encounter a couple of objectives along the way -- Wheel Room and Treasury of the Golden Orbs. It definitely should have not come down to the wire like PP319 mentioned, but the layout was still generous. And when you compare this to Silk Ladder, you know that Jeremy and Erika would NOT win with Shannon and Adam's layout.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2014, 03:40:37 PM »
I'm keeping my score of a 2. This layout was Silk Ladder level of easy. Seriously, the central shaft objectives were sit on plastic seat, hit actuator, spin some lights, that's too simple for even a late Season 1 temple. Hard task? No. Time consuming to get through any central shaft? Maybe.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2014, 03:43:40 PM »
There, vote change enabled. I'm still keeping my vote, as I just have little to no sympathy for this team. This layout was a cakewalk and their objectives should NOT have taken as long as it did. I expected so much more from this team on such an easy layout, but they almost failed. There's no excuse for it, the layout was easy, period.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2014, 12:38:12 AM »
Davy Crockett finishes with a 3.25.

Next one up is Wing Ding and Ring Ling.  :mrgreen:

Day Twenty Two - "The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard"
Artifact Location - Room of the Secret Password
Players - Katie and Jared
Rooms Entered - 8
Temple Guard Locations - Room of the Ancient Warriors, Quicksand Bog

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the Imperial Wizard run an 8. Even though Jared screwed around in the Dark Forest, this layout was very long and tough and the team would've lost even if this never happened. Katie and Jared were actually a good team aside from the Dark Forest error. Even if Katie went into the temple first, they would've reached the Spellbook at best. The one room away guard was also very unfair too. The Green Monkeys were a good team, but this layout was long and challenging. Not even Kevin and Annie would've won. On a side note, props to Katie for getting where her partner was taken out of the temple despite him being removed one room away. Brian, Dana, Lauren, and Rinette should take notes.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave this layout an 8. Tough layout, Dark Forest error or not.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave this one a 9. Jared had to complete some hard objectives, he was forced down into the Ledges, he got taken out one room away, and both players were forced to climb out of the pit. They did a good job, but this is the type of layout where both players had to be on their A game and sadly, Jared kind of messed that up. Still, this was one tough layout.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Once again, I think I am going to change my vote thanks to PP319. :lol: Looking back at this layout, both players had it tough. Jared was forced down into the Ledges, forced into the bottom of the Pit, and he had to climb the wall again to the top. Then he was taken out one room away from the artifact. And Katie had to run through 8 rooms to get where he was taken out. PP319's right about both of them having to be on their "A" game. Maybe even Travis and Elisa would have a down to the wire win with this layout. And Jared was actually pretty good, aside from his Dark Forest mishap. I am going to change my vote to a 9 too. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Here we go again. :roll: Alright, vote change enabled once again. But I'm still keeping my vote. It deserves an 8. It was hard, but it wasn't THAT hard. They could've reached the artifact, but Jared was way too hesitant. This team would've had better luck if Katie had gone in first. I have such a hard time feeling sympathy for them (Jared mostly) since he was so hell bent on going first, yet hardly even tries. My vote stays. I just expect morefrom teams who sweep the temple games and have a near perfect track record pre temple.