Poll

Rate the Temple Layout: The Pendant of Kamehameha

Author Topic: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 35: The Pendant of Kamehameha  (Read 5080 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 13: The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2014, 07:55:50 PM »
I also gave them a 7. This layout was long, like most center of the rooms runs are, but it was winnable. It definitely would've helped if Ashley didn't enter the Mine Shaft, and if Shem didn't climb the Jester's Court ladder didn't enter the Observatory.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »
I also gave them a 7. This layout was long, like most center of the rooms runs are, but it was winnable. It definitely would've helped if Ashley didn't enter the Mine Shaft, and if Shem didn't climb the Jester's Court ladder didn't enter the Observatory.

Seriously, that is like the dumbest thing I have ever seen someone hold against a team. :roll: It is even worst than the Ryan from Gwalior taking a direct path thing.  :roll: outer space posted the most absurd crap. He even posted in one of the elimination threads that Chris from Lost Lariat was one of the best boys from Season 1. :roll:

But yeah, this team really should've won. If Shem went into the temple first, I don't think he would've made the same mistake as Ashley. I think the Annie Oakley team would've reached the Golden Earring with this run too. Since Chandra moved quick along the bottom floor and she wouldn't be taken out one room away. And Nick would've used the Mine Shaft shortcut. Still, reaching a center of the temple artifact is good even though the Silver Snakes should've won.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »
Yeah, outerspace was full of crap. He chastises BOTH players for climbing the Jester's Court ladder, that only shaved off maybe 5 seconds total. But no, that's just the reason they lost. And Chris from Pecos Bill was the best Season 1 player? Are we watching the same show as him? He walked through every room, and made no effort to speed up once he reached the artifact. And he sat in the Well like a moron. :roll: [/soapbox]

And yeah, players like Chandra and Nick probably would've won with that layout. As long as they didn't make the exact same mistakes as Ashley and Shem did. If it weren't for Ashley and Shem's mistakes, they would've won for sure.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2014, 08:05:02 PM »
Henry Morgan finishes with a 7.25.

Time for another Silver Snakes run, and the spotlight is on Robert and Tracy from Snake Bracelet.  :mrsilver:

Day Fourteen - "The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra"
Artifact Location - Torch Room
Players - Robert and Tracy
Rooms Entered - 6
Temple Guard Locations - Room of the Fallen Columns, Treasure of the Golden Orbs

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 14: The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2014, 08:08:15 PM »
Snake Bracelet gets a 2 from me. Honestly, this temple run should've been the fastest team win on the show. Robert was a very fast runner, but Tracy was just slow and took her sweet time. They would've beaten Benzibab's time if Tracy actually picked up the pace a little bit. Plus, the door to the Golden Orbs was most likely her fault for breaking in the first place. Many  teams would've won with this layout, and probably with better time too. A very generous layout.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2014, 08:12:55 PM »
I gave this layout a 3. This layout was very easy and generous. If it had been reverse order of players, then this would've been the quickest team victory ever instead of Benzibab.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2014, 08:33:10 PM »
2.67 for Snake Bracelet

Next up is a run where we spend half of the time in the Pit of the Pendulum.  :roll:

Day Fifteen - "The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack"
Artifact Location - Shrine of the Silver Monkey
Players - Veronica and Thomas
Rooms Entered - 6
Temple Guard Locations - Room of the Ancient Warriors, King's Storeroom

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 15: The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2014, 08:36:07 PM »
I gave Bifocal Monocle a score of a 7. For a Season 3 layout, this temple run was pretty bizarre. The Orange Iguanas kind of had bad luck with the Room of the Ancient Warrior guards. But at the same time, Veronica and Thomas were a horrible team and this layout was definitely winnable. I gave this layout a slightly higher score due to the kind of unfair deadend. Otherwise, it was the Orange Iguanas fault that they lost.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2014, 08:41:25 PM »
I gave it a 6. While the run was different from most runs, two of the temple guards were avoidable. This had the potential to be a solo win IF this run had competent players. At the very least, this run required at least 6 objectives to be completed, so it wasn't that bad. Those rooms were still pretty time-consuming and the Orange Iguanas should've known that the Ancient Warriors was going to be a dead end. :roll:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2014, 12:46:17 AM »
I gave this layout a 7. Bizarre layout, but Veronica and Thomas sucked, period.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »
Bifocal Monocle ends with a 6.50. (I am cutting this one off kind of early).

Next temple layout featured an unfortunate production error for this Orange Iguanas team. :?

Day Sixteen- "The Golden Stallion of Ali Baba"
Artifact Location - Shrine of the Silver Monkey
Players - CJ and Kendra
Rooms Entered - 7
Temple Guard Locations - Throne Room, Heart Room, Dark Forest

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 16: The Golden Stallion of Ali Baba
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
I gave the Golden Stallion layout an 8. Production error aside, this layout was most likely similar to Billy the Kid or Dr. Livingstone. However, CJ and Kendra were really unfortunate to meet a production error during their run. Which is why this run received a higher score than those layouts above. Most likely, if any other team encountered this same problem, they would've lost too. The production error alone gives this temple layout a high score.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2014, 03:24:53 PM »
I gave it a 7. Like TRJ said, if it wasn't for the potential production error, this could've been an easy win. But the glitches in the Throne Room ruined it. So this layout actually was pretty tough.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2014, 09:18:24 PM »
Golden Stallion finishes with a 7.33.

Next up is a suckfest featuring Heather and Casey from Snow Cone.  :roll:

Day Seventeen- "The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro"
Artifact Location - Room of the Ancient Warriors
Players - Casey and Heather
Rooms Entered - 5
Temple Guard Locations - Tomb of the Headless Kings, Dark Forest

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 17: The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2014, 09:21:32 PM »
I gave Snow Cone a 5. This was NOT a hard layout in anyway. The Silver Snakes just flat out sucked and had no business being in the temple. There was no excuse for them to travel through 5 rooms in 3 minutes. And I really don't think that the Dark Forest-Shrine passage was a dead end either. Heather forced the door open when she shouldn't have. Heather and Casey were lost causes anyways, and both of them struggled way too much in the easiest rooms of the Season 3 temple. The layout was definitely winnable, but an incompetent team like them were going to go nowhere.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: