Poll

Rate the Temple Layout: The Pendant of Kamehameha

Author Topic: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 35: The Pendant of Kamehameha  (Read 3723 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 6: The Missing Eye of David
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 09:01:23 PM »
Yeah, the half pendant definitely should've been hidden better. And I also think they could've pulled off a win if they did get to keep going.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 04:56:38 PM »
The guards were in Medusa's Lair, the Laser Light Room, and the Swamp, btw. ;)

As for the location of the half-pendant, I still think it was hanging on one of the room's inactive actuators from when it was the Room of Fallen Columns and Heart Room. Certainly wasn't unprecedented, since we all know the half pendant in "The Lost Love Letter of Captain John Smith" was hanging from one of the inactive actuators in the King's Storeroom (from when it was the Treasure Room).

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 04:57:33 PM »
Before I forget and go to work, I am going to end Missing Eye's time with a score of 7.75.

From one quirky triple capture to another, the next run is Josh and Maggie from Mummified Hand.  :mrblue:

Day Seven - "The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King"
Artifact Location - Dark Forest
Players - Maggie and Josh
Rooms Entered - 7
Temple Guard Locations - Crypt, Tomb of the Headless Kings, Room of the Secret Password

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 7: The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 05:02:20 PM »
The guards were in Medusa's Lair, the Laser Light Room, and the Swamp, btw. ;)

As for the location of the half-pendant, I still think it was hanging on one of the room's inactive actuators from when it was the Room of Fallen Columns and Heart Room. Certainly wasn't unprecedented, since we all know the half pendant in "The Lost Love Letter of Captain John Smith" was hanging from one of the inactive actuators in the King's Storeroom (from when it was the Treasure Room).

Yeah, that is where I thought it might've been too. I do think that Michael even tried pressing the inactive actuators. But he was a frontrunner, so he could've signaled it to Emily if he found it. Although at least the Captain John Smith one was pretty obvious. The Missing Eye one was pretty obscure.

And I gave the Mummified Hand layout an 8. Maggie and Josh had to traverse a really long path. Even if the team could avoid two rooms by entering the King's Storeroom, their path was still long since they were forced into the Secret Password/Quicksand Bog. If they stayed low, then they would've entered every room to reach the Dark Forest. So I kind of don't blame Josh for taking the high road. And it didn't help that Maggie losing her Pendant messed up their strategy too. This was a good team with bad luck and a tough layout.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 06:35:50 PM »
I also gave Mummified Hand an 8. Tough layout, though this loss was preventable. I must be the only person who thinks it was a HUGE mistake for Josh to take the high road. Seriously, if you have less than 2 pendants, and a bottom path is opened, you take it. You always follow your partners path if you don't have 2 full pendants. I don't care if taking the high road was your original plan. Josh was more to blame for this loss than Maggie was. I don't even care about the pendant dropping by Maggie. That was totally by accident. But Josh never should've strayed from Maggie's bottom floor path.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:30:07 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »
Mummified Hand finishes with a 7.50.

Next up is an episode that was loved a little too much by an old forum member.  :mrsilver:

Day Eight- "The Ruby Earring of Benzibab"
Artifact Location - Room of the Secret Password
Players - Kevin and Annie
Rooms Entered - 6
Temple Guard Locations - Crypt, Tomb of the Headless Kings

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 8: The Ruby Earring of Benzibab
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 02:34:27 PM »
Benzibab gets a 4 from me. This layout was way too generous for Kevin and Annie. I know it was never easy in the Season 3 temple, but this layout was too easy compared to other runs like Lost Taj Mahal Turban and Imperial Wizard. I am not saying that Kevin and Annie were bad players, but their layout was only generous because they were the last production day of Season 3. They would not have a minute left on the clock if it was any other production day. Plenty of teams would've won with this layout.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »
I gave BENZIBAB!!!! a 3. While Kevin and Annie did a great job with this layout, this was way too easy of a layout.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2014, 12:04:46 PM »
Ruby Earring finishes with a 3.75.

Next up is Travis and Elisa from Ivan the Terrible.  :mrgreen:

Day Nine - "The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible"
Artifact Location - King's Storeroom
Players - Travis and Elisa
Rooms Entered - 10
Temple Guard Locations - Chamber of the Sacred Markers, Shrine of the Silver Monkey, Room of the Ancient Warriors

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 9: The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2014, 12:07:53 PM »
I gave the Ivan the Terrible layout a 10. This episode featured the hardest layout on the show. Travis and Elisa were flawless in the temple, but they still lost because their layout was so hard and challenging. Their path to the artifact was just brutal, and it didn't help that Travis was taken out so far away in the temple. Even after Elisa hauled ass to get there, she couldn't reach the Discarded Seal because of the Ancient Warrior guards. This layout was just impossible and if Travis and Elisa couldn't win this layout, then no one would.  :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2014, 03:45:21 PM »
I also gave it a 10. Hardest layout ever, enough said.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2014, 11:09:32 PM »

Agree, even though the "William Tell" layout might be the only one harder than that one. But Lauren and Brett sucked and they had no excuse for not making decent progress since it was pretty similar to "Belle Boyd". The fact that Travis and Elisa were flawless and still failed to reach the artifact warrants a second chance. What were the producers thinking with this layout?  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2014, 11:36:54 PM »

Agree, even though the "William Tell" layout might be the only one harder than that one. But Lauren and Brett sucked and they had no excuse for not making decent progress since it was pretty similar to "Belle Boyd". The fact that Travis and Elisa were flawless and still failed to reach the artifact warrants a second chance. What were the producers thinking with this layout?  :roll:
The question that begs is, what were the producers thinking with all four layouts that day, period? :?

And yeah, Dried Apple Half was pretty hard too. Even though Lauren and Brett were horrid players, I always thought their layout was even worse. Though Travis and Elisa were totally robbed. They did everything right and still lost. All the layouts that day were hard really.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 02:15:46 PM »
Ivan the Terrible finishes with an unsurprising solid 10.  :mrgreen: That whole production day was a bitch though, although Mary Shelley was at least winnable if it wasn't for Monster Monkey. :roll:

The next temple run will be a win where two contestants can't stay in camera frame.  :mrred:

Day Ten - "The Helmet of Genghis Khan"
Artifact Location - Pirate's Cove
Players - Becca and Taylor
Rooms Entered - 6
Temple Guard Locations - Cave of Sighs, Shrine of the Silver Monkey

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 10: The Helmet of Genghis Khan
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 02:18:12 PM »
I gave Genghis Khan a score of a 3. This temple layout was very generous and the team won with quite some time left despite walking through the whole temple. Rachelle was even taken out one room away and this team still won. The Red Jaguars were a good team, but this layout was too easy. A lot of teams would win in this layout.