Poll

Rate the Temple Layout: The Pendant of Kamehameha

Author Topic: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 35: The Pendant of Kamehameha  (Read 5077 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Imperial Wizard finishes with a 8.50.

Next up is a team that took a direct path even they had no choice to.  :roll:

Day Twenty Three - "The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson"
Artifact Location - Dark Forest
Players - Derek and Sherra
Rooms Entered - 8
Temple Guard Locations - Chamber of the Sacred Markers, King's Storeroom, Room of the Ancient Warriors

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 23: The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2014, 08:31:14 PM »
I gave Henry Hudson a 9. This is probably one of the more overlooked layouts on the show. Derek and Sherra may have been slow, but their layout was tough and tricky. Like the Imperial Wizard team, they were forced down into the Ledges from the Crypt and forced up into the central shaft. Except in this run, the King's Storeroom was optional. What the heck? This team made it far despite the hard layout. Honestly, not many teams would've won with this layout. So it didn't matter if Sherra and Derek were slow, they would've lost either way. Also, Sherra should NOT have taken a direct path.  :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2014, 08:54:32 PM »
Once again, differing opinions. Slightly. :P

This layout gets an 8 from me. I found this one to be slightly more winnable than Imperial Wizard. The King's Storeroom was optional. Sherra should've been more alert about the Ancient Warriors being opened from the Chamber. Then Derek missed a chance at taking a shortcut from the pit to the Chamber (it was open after Sherra completed the Chamber, I remember). While we don't know what would've opened from the Shrine, I will agree that this was a challenging run that shouldn't be overlooked.

By the way. Not to sound rude, but once you vote, you should probably stick to that choice TRJ. PPF is doing it and so is everyone else (by that, I mean just me and TSM :lol: ). While it's nice that I'm persuading you to look at runs a little differently, you should stand behind your pick in something like this. It's not that big of a deal. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2014, 09:03:14 PM »
I am usually good with keeping my votes and sticking to them. It's just that sometimes I forget about details about certain runs like Imperial Wizard since I have not seen some of them for a couple of years. Imperial Wizard is just not a run where I remember every detail about like Ivan the Terrible or Missing Portrait. I apologize though if I have been changing my votes recently, I really did not intend to make anyone upset. I will be more careful in the future. ;) I know I am keeping a 9 for Henry Hudson because that was what I had from the start.  :mrpurple:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2014, 01:11:49 AM »
Geez, my trolling in people not keeping their votes has backfired. I am highly disappointed. I was expecting to be cussed out and told to quit acting like a drama queen bitch. :o *bitter*

Anyways, Henry Hudson gets an 8. Tough layout, but Sherra and Derek were NOT bad players be any means. Even if they did take those said shortcuts, they still would've lost. Plus, the door Pit/Chamber door didn't open until after Sherra completed the objective. Every door opened in the Chamber once Sherra completed it, so it's not like she knew those shortcuts existed. If you see a lit up ladder right in front of your face, as opposed to other opened doors, what's your first instinct? Climb the ladder, or waste time searching for which door to take next? Definitely an overlooked layout for sure. And as you guessed it, I'm keeping my vote.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »
Henry Hudson finishes with an 8.33

Time for another Purple Parrot run, and it features Eusinia and David from Cobra Staff  :mrpurple:

Day Twenty Four - "King Tut's Cobra Staff"
Artifact Location - Tomb of the Ancient Kings
Players - David and Eusinia
Rooms Entered - 9
Temple Guard Locations - Heart Room, Shrine of the Silver Monkey

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 24: King Tut's Cobra Staff
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2014, 10:38:50 PM »
I gave the Cobra Staff layout a 7. Eusinia and David did have their share of mistakes in the temple, but their temple layout was not that simple. The path to the artifact required 7 rooms, and included a slow trip in the Well bucket. Of course, Eusinia wasted too much time wandering into the wrong direction and David moved a little sluggish. But the layout was still a little long and wasn't that simple.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2014, 01:19:30 AM »
Gave it a 7, for same reasons as TRJ.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2014, 09:58:11 PM »
Cobra Staff finishes with a 7.00.

Next up is Jennifer and Justin from Zenobia.

Day Twenty Four - "The Golden Chains of Zenobia"
Artifact Location - Shrine of the Silver Monkey
Players - Jennifer and Justin
Rooms Entered - 9
Temple Guard Locations - Cave of Sighs, Treasure Room

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 25: The Golden Chains of Zenobia
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2014, 10:00:23 PM »
I gave Zenobia a 5. I use this think this layout was long and hard, but the team really added a bunch of rooms onto their paths for no reason. Jennifer never actually tried the Cave of Sighs door to the Wheel Room. It would've opened and saved her an entire trip on the top floor of the temple. Plus, she would've made more progress towards the artifact than Justin did. This layout was probably like "Dr. Livingstone", and these two lost because of their stupid mistakes.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2014, 11:06:07 PM »
Zenobia gets a 6 from me. Could've been an easy layout, but Justin screwed up, big time.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2014, 09:42:12 PM »
Zenobia finishes with a 6.00.

Next up is iffj[jfjfjkfoe... I mean Thornwood Gavel.  :mrorange:

Day Twenty Four - "The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean"
Artifact Location - Jester's Court
Players - Mike and Kelli
Rooms Entered - 9
Temple Guard Locations - Room of the Ancient Warriors, Room of the Secret Password, King's Storeroom

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Layout - Day 26: The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2014, 09:45:12 PM »
I gave the Thornwood Gavel layout an 8. This layout was pretty long and it required the Orange Iguanas to enter almost every room. Granted, the reason they lost was because of Kelli. She screwed up really bad by entering an uncleared room and moving slow as a rock. I don't think they would've won either way if she didn't make those mistakes because this layout was long. And when you compare this layout to Sir Gawain and Dried Ear of Corn, it had three extra rooms that were not present in those runs. So Mike and Kelli would've had more success in those runs than with their layout.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2014, 10:56:08 PM »
I gave the layout a 7. Tough layout, but it wouldn't have been as bad if Kelli didn't add extra rooms to the path. But it was a pretty lengthy layout.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2014, 01:27:58 AM »
Was there a chance at a solo shot in this episode? I remember someone saying that Mike could've avoided the Room of the Secret Password and went into the Quicksand Bog from the Shrine. I am pretty sure though that the door never opened, but we never get a good shot of this board. Also, this team would've been better off if they started in the King's Storeroom.