The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed
King Tut's Cobra Staff
The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief
The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley
The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de Medici
Henry VIII's Great Seal
The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan
The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl

Author Topic: Top 5 Best Temple Losses on the Show - Day Seven: FINAL POLL  (Read 1084 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Top 5 Best Temple Losses on the Show - Day Seven: FINAL POLL
« on: November 22, 2013, 01:53:22 AM »
Time for another Legends poll and this time we are trying to find the best 3 temple losses by team. Just like the other polls, everyday I will post a poll dedicated to one of the six teams on the show and you must select their three best losses on the show. What makes a loss good? You can decide for yourself. Maybe it could depend on the team's performance or how memorable and exciting it was? Whatever the reason is, you must choose up to 3 losses for each team. The 3 losses with the most after 24 hours will make the top 3 list for each team. Remember, this poll is dedicated to the LOSSES only. ;)

Best Losses:

Red Jaguars
1. The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea (4)
2. The Jeweled Necklace of Montezuma (4)
3. The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoleon (4)

Blue Barracudas
1. The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa (4)
2. The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu (4)
3. The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin (2)

4. The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King (1)
5. The Pearl Necklace of Gwalior (1)

Green Monkeys
1. The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible (4)
2. The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd (4)
3. The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror (4)

Orange Iguanas
1. The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed (4)
2. The Bonnet of Dolley Madison (4)
3. The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl (4)

Purple Parrots
1. The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley (4)
2. King Tut's Cobra Staff (4)
3. The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief (2)
4. The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de Medici (2)

Silver Snakes
1. The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl (4)
2. The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan (4)
3. Henry VIII's Great Seal (2)

4. The Pendant of Kamehameha (1)
5. The Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary (1)

We will start off with the best team, as usual.  :jaguars2:  :jaguars1:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:22:43 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Temple Losses by Team - Day One: Red Jaguars
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 01:58:50 AM »
Okay, I will admit that most of the Red Jaguar losses don't belong on this list. But I didn't really have trouble choosing their best 3 losses - Queen Boadicea,  Two-Cornered Hat, and Jeweled Necklace.

1. Queen Boadicea - This was one of the best Red Jaguars team on the show after Kris and Kristen from Catherine the Great. Lissy might've been slow, but Nate was a very fast and smart player. The whole run was very exciting and this team came the closest to a bottom of the central shaft victory. They would've won if Lissy moved a little faster, but their layout was kind of long and this team did a really good job. :mrred:

2. Two-Cornered Hat - Another very exciting loss and also pretty memorable. Brian and Carly were a fast and good team, but all hope was lost when Carly took the slow Mine Shaft elevator. But I find it memorable for Brian's girly scream and Carly's rare completion of the Lightning Room. :mrred:

3. Jeweled Necklace - It feels weird voting for this run, but I honestly don't find it to be that bad. Granted, Kevin and Kelly's mistakes were pretty glaring. Kevin shouldn't have taken the direct path all the time and Kelly screwed up in the Shrine pretty bad. But the players still moved fast and they weren't that bad. Plus, this run was very memorable for Kelly dropping the Silver Monkey over the edge.  :lol:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 02:51:16 AM »
I also voted for Queen Boadicea, Two Cornered Hat, and Jeweled Necklace. They're literally the only Red Jaguar losses I can even come close to liking.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:08:35 PM »
I think the three best losses for the Red Jaguar are obvious. :P The winners are Boadicea (4), Montezuma (4), and Two-Cornered Hat. :mrred:

The Blue Barracudas are next.  :mrblue:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Temple Losses by Team - Day Two: Blue Barracudas
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 07:20:39 PM »
The poll is officially set. The three choices I went with were: Atahualpa, Red Sash, and Electrified Key.

Atahualpa was the only time the Blue Barracudas grabbed the artifact, but failed to escape with it. With that in mind, this loss was very exciting for Season 1 run. Chris shouldn't have entered the Heart Room, but other than that this was a good team and Tracy did a great job following up on his path and still reaching the artifact. Plus, the beginning of the run was hilarious.  :lol:

Red Sash was another pretty exciting run, although Brandy and Quentin were kind of hesitant. But still, there layout was long and pretty quirky and they still made it to the room with the artifact. Pretty good for a bottom of the central shaft run. If only they had the Shrine-Dark Forest passage, then they would've won.

Electrified Key was a hard choice though. I know this run has a pretty bad reputation, but I actually kind of like it. It was either this one or Mummified Hand, but I though Peter and Michelle weren't that bad of a team. Of course, it should've WAY too obvious for Peter to think he could enter the Throne Room. :roll: I can forgive Joe from Golden Ship, but not him. But at least the players were competent, which made this run enjoyable.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:28:04 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »
Chris, NOT Robert. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »
And I also voted for Atahualpa, Red Sash, and Electrified Key. The other Blue Barracuda losses were either forgettable or bad.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 07:32:25 PM »
I am glad that I am not the only one who voted for Benjamin Franklin so far.  :mrblue: I never understood why that run gets blasted too much sometimes. I know Peter blew it pretty bad, but it is like Dolley Madison where the players moved fast and saved this run from being a total waste. Of course, it would've made that production day legendary if this team won. It's not like this run is like another Blue Barracuda bottom of the central shaft run where the frontrunner literally spends their whole time in the temple.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »
True, but Electrified Key's loss could've easily have been prevented if Peter didn't try for a direct path. And he did this TWICE in the temple run. Oh well, it's not like he's the only contestant to try for a direct path. Some players will even clear out rubble in the Pit just to try for a obviously closed door. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 07:39:49 PM »
Oh yeah, we can't forget about another Blue Barracuda frontrunner who was more guilty than Peter. *cough Ryan cough* :roll:

The other choice for me would've been Mummified Hand. I didn't choose it though because I like Benjamin Franklin slightly better even though it wasn't really Maggie or Josh's fault that they lost. It could go either way for me, but I will just keep Ben Franklin for now. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 01:46:16 PM »
Time to move onto the Green Monkeys. The Blue Barracuda winners are Atahualpa (4), Red Sash (4), and Benjamin Franklin (2).

Green Monkeys are next.  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Temple Losses by Team - Day Three: Green Monkeys
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 01:54:53 PM »
Green Monkeys poll is set. There were quite some good choices, but I went with Ivan the Terrible, Belle Boyd, and the Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag.

1. Ivan the Terrible - This was the best loss on the show. Travis and Elisa were a great team to watch in the temple and were flawless. They only loss because their layout was impossible and it was not their fault in anyway. This was a great temple run and very exciting too.  :mrgreen:

2. Belle Boyd - This temple run was not very memorable, but it was still exciting and Matthew and Leah were a great team. They might've not taken the shortest path possible, but they were an awesome team and came very close to the artifact with a tough layout. Like the "Ivan the Terrible" team, they would've won with almost any other temple layout. :mrgreen:

3. Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag - It was between this one and Empress Eugenie, but I like this one better because Janeen ruins the Eugenie run. Olivia and Jonathan made some pretty glaring mistakes, but they were still a great team. Reaching an artifact in the center of the temple in Season 3 was a huge accomplishment itself, so they should be happy for even reaching the Chamber. They really should've won, but both were good players and this run was very exciting too.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 04:06:07 PM »
I also voted for Belle Boyd, Discarded Seal, and Battle Flag. They were all great runs, even if some of them really should've been wins.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 11:46:08 PM »
And the winners for the Green Monkeys are Ivan the Terrible (4), Belle Boyd (4), and William the Conqueror (4).

The Purple Parrots are next.  :mrpurple:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Temple Losses by Team - Day Four: Purple Parrots
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 11:53:53 PM »
The poll is set, and I voted for Cobra Staff, Annie Oakley, and Golden Pepperoni.

1. Cobra Staff - I never understood all the hate this run receives. I know Eusinia was kind of clueless, but she was not a lost cause though. Her fast speed made up for her confusion. David was quite the opposite where he was slow but also smarter. This run was very interesting due to the fact on how these players complement each other. Plus, they managed to reach the artifact at least despite their flaws.

2. Annie Oakley - While Chandra shouldn't have taken the Mine Shaft elevator, this was still a pretty exciting run even if the team should've reached Medusa's Lair. It was also funny for Nick sticking the key inside the King's Storeroom hole. :lol: This was a good team, and the one room away guard didn't help matters.

3. Golden Pepperoni - I was originally going to vote for Blackfeet Chief, but I went with this run instead because it was more memorable and really not as bad as people make it out to be. Aqila was not even a bad player, it was just the last 3 seconds of the run where she screwed up. Even then, she completed her rooms at a good pace and people only criticize her for passing up the Golden Pepperoni. Plus, this run was very memorable for Kirk shouting and Chris dropping to his knees.  :P