The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
The Bonnet of Dolley Madison
The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
The Lost Lion Tail of Little John
The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief
Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder
The Collar of Davy Crockett
The Ruby Earring of Benzibab

Author Topic: Top 5 Easiest Layouts on Legends - FINAL POLL  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Hardest Layouts by Team - Day 6 - Silver Snakes
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 12:40:03 AM »
I also voted for Sir Edmund Hilary, Kamehameha, and War Fan. For the same reasons as TRJ.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Hardest Layouts by Team - Day 6 - Silver Snakes
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »
So now I am going to take the top 3 choices for each team and we are going to vote for the 5 toughest layouts on Legends. ;) For the Silver Snakes the winners were Sir Edmund Hillary (4), War Fan (3), and Kamehameha/Henry Morgan tied (2) for the third spot.

Give me a few minutes to set the final poll. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 Hardest Layouts on Legends - FINAL POLL
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 02:25:15 PM »
So the five layouts I chose were: Ivan the Terrible, William Tell, Hans Holbein, Belshazzar, and Dead Man's Hand.

1. Ivan the Terrible - The fact that Travis and Elisa failed to even reach the artifact despite being flawless in the temple tells you how tough this team had it. If they weren't going to reach the Discarded Seal, then no team was going to either.

2. William Tell - While Lauren and Brett were horrible players, their layout was also the hardest one on the show. I think it is even harder than Ivan the Terrible too. Just all the things that they needed to do in the run and the temple guard placement made it very unfair and impossible to win.

3. Hans Holbein - While Rachel and Keith were average, their layout was also long and didn't provide any shortcuts either. Notice how all three of these layouts were from the same day.  :roll:

4. Belshazzar - This run featured way too many glitchy doors and one of the most time consuming dead ends in the series. You can't even blame Katherine and Sean for their lack of progress because the entire run was filled with dead ends and detours.

5. Dead Man's Hand - Another very early layout where there was no sense of direction to go. Sarah and Josh tried all possible routes in the temple, but all of the doors were locked. I am not even sure if the Swamp-Golden Idols door would've worked either because that never worked in any other run.

All of these teams above deserved a second chance.  :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
I also voted for Ivan the Terrible, William Tell, Hans Holbein, Belshazzar, and Dead Man's Hand. These layouts were just completely impossible, with a very slim chance of winning, no matter how fast or slow the players were.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »
I want to give honorable mentions to Belle Boyd and Red Sash too because those layouts were also very lengthy. The only reason I didn't vote for them though because in those runs the teams did have a chance to win. While victory was going to be very slim, they still had some chance at success. The 5 runs I voted for had teams that had no chance at reaching the artifact. And in Dead Man's Hand and Belshazzar's case, those runs featured layouts with wonky doors and no real path for the team's to take.

But nothing tops the Hans Holbein/Ivan the Terrible day at all. I wouldn't be surprised that the Mary Shelley layout would've forced Kate and Larry to enter the Secret Password and then the Quicksand Bog. Considering how impossible Hans Holbein, William Tell, and Ivan the Terrible were.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 09:22:57 PM »
Now that we've got the hardest layouts out of the way, maybe we can do easiest layouts next? We can go in reverse order and still use this same topic, like we did in the top/bottom players list. But of course, it's up to you. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 10:07:11 PM »
I don't mind this idea at all. We can start with the Silver Snakes and save the best team for last.  :mrred:

And the top 5 winners are: Ivan the Terrible (4), William Tell (4), Hans Holbein (3), Belshazzar (3), and Dead Man's Hand (2). ;)

Now we are going to find the easiest Silver Snake temple runs.  :mrsilver:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Easiest Layouts by Team - Day One: Silver Snakes
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2013, 10:30:10 PM »
The poll for the Silver Snakes is set. ;)

I voted for  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: , Davy Crockett, and Ruby Earring.

1.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  - This was the easiest layout on the show and Jeremy and Erika still didn't finish with much time. Well, you can blame Jeremy for that actually. But still, was it possible for any team to lose at this layout? Unless they pulled a Tara/Ron and went down the central shaft, this was a very very easy layout. Even John and Tia could win in it.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

2. Davy Crockett - It was pretty similar to Silk Ladder, but was slightly longer with a trip up the whole central shaft and no Treasure Room. But still very easy for Season 1 standards, and Adam almost blew it. :roll:

3. Ruby Earring - It was either this one or Snake Bracelet, but I chose this run because it was very easy for Season 3 standards. While Kevin and Annie were great players, their path was very simple and this was the second easiest S3 win after Roland. The bottom floor was the easiest portion of the S3 temple. If Kevin and Annie had the Imperial Wizard/Lost Taj Mahal Turban layout, they might've not had the same success.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2013, 11:14:58 PM »
I voted for Silk Ladder, Davy Crockett, and Snake Bracelet. The first two episode were easy choices, but I went with Snake Bracelet because it was just a straight forward path with easy objectives. Benzibab would be my next choice, but I figured going through the bottom path of Season 3 was a little harder than the top floor of a Season 1 temple. So Snake Bracelet was my final choice.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 01:53:22 AM »
Snake Bracelet was going to be my runner-up choice for sure. I chose Benzibab in place of Snake Bracelet though because Kevin and Annie had a layout that was a product of a very generous production day. All of the other Secret Password runs that day were very tough and they might've not won with so much time if they had an Imperial Wizard/Lost Taj Mahal Turban/Lion-Slashed Jacket type layout.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 10:07:01 PM »
I am going to continue this topic now that there aren't any other rating threads in this forum at the moment. The three winners are  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  (4), Davy Crockett (3), and Benzibab (2).

The Purple Parrots are next. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Easiest Layouts by Team - Day Two: Purple Parrots
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »
The poll is up, so you can place your votes now. The Purple Parrots didn't have many temple layouts, so it was kind of hard to pick the easiest ones. I picked Billy the Kid, Lost Lion Tail, and Blackfeet Chief though as my three.

1. Billy the Kid - Even though this was their first win, this layout was pretty simple and the team had an easy path along the bottom floor of the temple. It wasn't a bad win though in anyway, it was just the easiest Purple Parrot layout on this list.

2. Lost Lion Tail - This layout was exactly like Billy the Kid, except a little easier with no Jester's Court. This team failed though because Claude was horrible as hell. Although as bad as he was, he and Marie still finished one room away from the artifact. Which tells you how easy this layout was.

3. Blackfeet Chief - This temple run should've been winnable also, but Brandon and Leah moved way too slow. They even used shortcuts and still couldn't bring the artifact out in time. They would've easily done better if Leah moved a little faster. Besides, I don't think Metal Beard belongs on this list even though I see some people voting for it.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 10:18:44 PM »
How is Metal Beard an easy layout? I know it's one of the most hated wins here, but it wasn't easy at all.

Anyways, I also voted for Snakeskin Boots, Blackfeet Chief, and Lost Lion Tail. All three of those layouts were winnable, but only Billy the Kid was a win out of those three episodes.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2013, 09:43:13 PM »
I can't believe someone voted for Freydis. :o Well, it looks like our winners are Billy the Kid (5), Blackfeet Chief (5), and Lost Lion Tail (4).

Next team we will cover is the Orange Iguanas.  :mrorange:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Easiest Layouts by Team - Day Three: Orange Iguanas
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2013, 09:58:29 PM »
This one was actually hard. :o None of these layouts except for a couple jumped at me as being easy. In the end, I chose Butch Cassidy, Golden Chains, and Sir Gawain.

1. Butch Cassidy - This was the easiest choice from the list. Paula had an actuator trip all the way to her artifact. She didn't even come across a room with a single objective. Imagine if she had the Johnny Appleseed layout? This team would've lost worst than Angela and Chris. And this is suppose to be the best solo win?

2. Sir Gawain - I hate to include this run because it wasn't that easy, but the temple guard placement made me place it on this list. Tiffani took the most direct path and didn't meet a single temple guard. She still did a good job with her layout, but when you compare it with Dried Ear of Corn, Tiffani kind of lucked out with the temple guard placement.

3. Golden Chains - This one seems a little unusual, but this layout was pretty easy when you realize it could've been a simple solo win. Jennifer failed to tried the Cave of Sighs-Wheel Room door. As a result, she added 3-4 rooms on her trip and the Treasure Room dead end. I am not sure what to put in the last slot, but I thought this run deserved an honoravle mention.