The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
The Bonnet of Dolley Madison
The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
The Lost Lion Tail of Little John
The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief
Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder
The Collar of Davy Crockett
The Ruby Earring of Benzibab

Author Topic: Top 5 Easiest Layouts on Legends - FINAL POLL  (Read 1505 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Hardest Layouts by Team - Day 3 - Green Monkeys
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 11:55:14 AM »
I picked Discarded Seal, Dried Apple Half, and Golden Spider Web.

-Discarded Seal: a no-brainer. Travis and Elise were virtually perfect and still weren't able to get to the Seal. The layout was impossible.

-Dried Apple Half: Brett and Lauren may have been mediocre, but that doesn't change the fact that this layout was very hard. I don't think any team would've won with that layout.

-Golden Spider Web: it was either this or a handful of other hard Green Monkey runs. I chose this one because it was basically the Hans Holbein layout, but with only 1 1/2 pendants. That layout was impossible. Having less than two pendants in this run made it harder to win. I think this run was slightly harder than runs like Belle Boyd (this one had a shortcut that wasn't taken, so at least the second prize was possible), Ponce De Leon (also had a shortcut that was never used), and Xerxes (I could see Travis and Elise at least getting the second prize in this run, assuming they find the half pendant). This team might not have been all that good, but there's no denying that this layout was Hans Holbein hard.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Hardest Layouts by Team - Day 3 - Green Monkeys
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 12:28:49 AM »
Our top 3 winners are Ivan the Terrible (6), William Tell (5), and Belle Boyd (4).

Next up is the Orange Iguanas.  :mrorange:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Hardest Layouts by Team - Day 4 - Orange Iguanas
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 12:42:04 AM »
The three runs I chose were Leonardo Da Vinci, Dead Man's Hand, and Thornwood Gavel.

1.) Dead Man's Hand - How was any team going to have success in this layout? Everything about it was tricky from the bad lighting to the very unusual temple path. Why didn't the producers let the Heart Room or Observatory doors open to the Room of the Golden Idols? And how would you expect Sarah and Josh to know to use the Swamp-Golden Idols door? No Season 1 team would've won with this layout.

2.) Leonardo Da Vinci - This layout was very unfair. The double whammy dead end in the Swamp was very cheap, and after that the team was forced up to the Observatory and was taken out of the temple. It is even more sad that the producers brought this layout back for Stone Marker.  :roll:

3.) Thornwood Gavel - This layout is kind of overlooked in terms of toughness. Mike and Kelli had to enter 9 rooms just to reach the Jester's Court. I know Kelli blew it, but their path was very long too. Plus, the diverging paths was also pretty tricky too. Not many teams would've had success in this layout.

I was going to vote Golden Stallion for the production error, but I chose the above three because their layouts were unfair from the start. If the Golden Stallion one never happened, then that layout would've been very winnable like "Dr. Livingstone".

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 12:58:38 AM »
I voted for Dead Man's Hand, Leonardo Da Vinci, and Dead Man's Hand. To be honest, I never thought Thornwood Gavel's layout was hard at all. Yes the path was long, but with 1:20 left on the clock for Kelli, she could've very well have reached the artifact. Instead, she blew it, and entered uncleared rooms and wasted so much time by moving like a slow moving rock. Golden Stallion's layout was both hard and unlucky, thanks to the possible production error in the Throne Room. It was just like Dead Man's Hand, which is why I voted for Golden Stallion over Thornwood Gavel.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
I voted for Golden Stallion of Ali Baba, Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack, and Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftain.

Golden Stallion- This run featured a two-room-long dead end loop up the central shaft. On top of the rooms being dead ends, all of the rooms opened back to the Pit, making for an even more time consuming and difficult dead end than most.

Bifocal Monocle- While Veronica and Thomas used up a lot of their time wastefully, I would argue that this was one of the most difficult, if not THE most difficult, Shrine run on the show. It featured a two-room-long dead end (the only one of Season 3) and was one of only two Shrine runs that forced the team to enter the middle central shaft room from the Pit.

Useless Map- This run didn't feature so much a long path as a difficult temple guard placement. Hallie's first instinct to head up to the King's Storeroom from the Pit would have been very beneficial, but either way, this temple guard layout was pretty difficult to overcome.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 03:31:03 PM »
The Bifocal Monocle temple run didn't feature a dead end at all. They brought it on themselves by entering unnecessary rooms, being the Room of the Ancient Warriors and the King's Storeroom. Veronica could've very well have gone down to the Tomb straight from the Chamber, but didn't. While entering two central shaft rooms is no easy feat, the dead ends could've easily have been avoided if Veronica didn't needlessly enter them. If anything, this could've been a solo victory, much like Poseidon, but both Veronica and Thomas blew it. While it was a rather strange and messy path, the layout wasn't really that hard at all.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 04:19:27 PM »
I actually kind of consider the Room of the Ancient Warriors a dead end in the Bifocal Monocle run. It didn't add any progress to the team's run and forced them to backtrack too. It was similar to the Treasure Room being a dead end in the Zenobia and Silver Saddle Horn runs. However, I do not consider the King's Storeroom a dead end at all. I consider it more of a useless detour that was there to throw the players off. But PPF's right, this run had a chance of being solo but the team blew it. It should've been pretty obvious that the Room of the Ancient Warriors was not going to open to the Shrine in a Season 3 run. Even if Veronica did not run into either of these rooms, they probably wouldn't have won since she spent 1/3 of her run in the Pit. :roll: I agree with PP4L on this being a tougher path than most Shrine runs. I still consider Belshazzar tougher than Bifocal Monocle's run though. Now that is a team that has an excuse for their dead ends.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:20:13 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 04:47:05 PM »
The Bifocal Monocle temple run didn't feature a dead end at all. They brought it on themselves by entering unnecessary rooms, being the Room of the Ancient Warriors and the King's Storeroom. Veronica could've very well have gone down to the Tomb straight from the Chamber, but didn't. While entering two central shaft rooms is no easy feat, the dead ends could've easily have been avoided if Veronica didn't needlessly enter them. If anything, this could've been a solo victory, much like Poseidon, but both Veronica and Thomas blew it. While it was a rather strange and messy path, the layout wasn't really that hard at all.

So if the Room of the Ancient Warriors and King's Storeroom weren't a two-room-long dead end, then what would you consider it? Those rooms did not contribute to the path to the artifact, nor would the King's Storeroom have led anywhere. In Season 3, all of the doors would unlock after a room objective was completed, so it is clear that the King's Storeroom would not have opened back to the Pit or the Chamber of the Sacred Markers. As TRJ mentioned, it was similar to the Treasure Room in the Zenobia and Silver Saddle Horn runs.

I actually kind of consider the Room of the Ancient Warriors a dead end in the Bifocal Monocle run. It didn't add any progress to the team's run and forced them to backtrack too. It was similar to the Treasure Room being a dead end in the Zenobia and Silver Saddle Horn runs. However, I do not consider the King's Storeroom a dead end at all. I consider it more of a useless detour that was there to throw the players off. But PPF's right, this run had a chance of being solo but the team blew it. It should've been pretty obvious that the Room of the Ancient Warriors was not going to open to the Shrine in a Season 3 run. Even if Veronica did not run into either of these rooms, they probably wouldn't have won since she spent 1/3 of her run in the Pit. :roll: I agree with PP4L on this being a tougher path than most Shrine runs. I still consider Belshazzar tougher than Bifocal Monocle's run though. Now that is a team that has an excuse for their dead ends.

Since the Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack was the first run of Season 3, would Veronica and Thomas have necessarily known that they would not be granted "direct access" to the Shrine? I agree that this run could have been a solo victory and that the Belshazzar run path was more brutal, but that should not diminish the difficulty of the Bifocal Monocle run. It was still the only Season 3 run to allow contestants to enter rooms that would not allow progress on their path to the artifact.

And why would the King's Storeroom not be part of a dead end, if no doors opened after completion of the objective? The Ancient Warriors was already opened, and given that all doors in Season 3 opened when a room objective was completed, we know that the doors to the Pit and Chamber would have remained locked.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 11:33:01 PM »
Close one this time, but the top 3 winners are Dead Man's Hand (4), Leonardo Da Vinci (4), and Golden Stallion (3).

The Purple Parrots are next.  :mrpurple:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Hardest Layouts by Team - Day 5 - Purple Parrots
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 11:42:28 PM »
The poll is now set! I chose Annie Oakley, Henry Hudson, and Sultan Suleiman.

1.) The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson - Derek and "Direct Path" Sherra were forced to take a long path in the temple. While they moved slow, their path was very difficult though. Plus, there was lot of weird parts of this run too like the King's Storeroom detour and the Chamber door not opening until Sherra completed it's objective.

2.) The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley - Center of the room runs were always tricky, but this team had a tough path. I know Chandra shouldn't have taken the Mine Shaft elevator, but the one room away guard was unfair. They weren't going to win because of that. Plus, this layout is very close to a S3 layout minus the Headless Kings. Nick and Chandra did a great job considering.

3.) The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman - I was unsure of what to vote for in this last slot, but I chose this run because of the confusing path. It didn't look really hard, but it was definitely tricky though.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 12:05:36 AM »
What's Gwalior doing in this poll? :lol:

Anyway, I voted for those three for the same reasons.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 12:18:55 AM »
Looks like he mistook it for Blackfeet Chief.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 02:48:06 AM »
Pearl Necklace has been changed to Bone Necklace. Please pay more attention to the polls and what you put on there.

Anyways, I also voted for Upside Down Compass, Leopard Skin Cloak, and Sultan Suleiman.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2013, 12:23:15 AM »
Thanks for fixing the Gwalior mistake. I was running on 4 hours of sleep, but I did mean Blackfeet Chief. Either way, this poll is unanimous with Henry Hudson, Annie Oakley, and Sultan Suleiman all winning with four votes a piece.

Our final team will be the Silver Snakes.  :mrsilver:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Hardest Layouts by Team - Day 6 - Silver Snakes
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 12:33:25 AM »
I chose Sir Edmund Hillary, Kamehameha, and War Fan.

1.) Sir Edmund Hillary - Tara and Danny faced a long layout for Season 1, and their path was pretty tricky. They had to enter at least 8 rooms to reach the artifact and it didn't help that they were forced to take the slow Well bucket. While Tara shouldn't have taken the central shaft out of the temple, they still did a great job with this layout.

2.) Kamehameha - I know Robbie and Tina brought the triple capture upon themselves, but their layout was still long a tricky. They weren't offered many shortcuts and even if Robbie did avoid the Throne Room guard, he would've been taken out all the way in the Dungeon anyways. The Dungeon guard was such an odd location too. :roll:  They did a great job with their layout too.

3.) War Fan - The production error was very unfair and screwed Jeremy and Elise out of a potential win. Plus, their layout was kind of long and the one room away guard didn't make it any easier for them.  :?