The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
The Bonnet of Dolley Madison
The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
The Lost Lion Tail of Little John
The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief
Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder
The Collar of Davy Crockett
The Ruby Earring of Benzibab

Author Topic: Top 5 Easiest Layouts on Legends - FINAL POLL  (Read 1445 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Top 5 Easiest Layouts on Legends - FINAL POLL
« on: October 16, 2013, 11:34:10 PM »
We are always talking about how certain teams had hard layouts on the show, so I figured it was time to make a poll to determine the hardest layout for each of the six teams. What makes a hard layout? Maybe it had to do with the number of rooms a team had to enter or maybe it involved a tricky temple guard placement. It could even be something else like one filled with deadends. Every day I will hold a poll for all six teams and you must choose 3 of the hardest layouts for each team. ;)

Previous Results:

TOUGHEST LAYOUTS:

Red Jaguars:
1. The Golden Cup of Belshazzar (5)
2. The Stone Marker of Leif Erickson (5)
3. The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea (3)

4. Elizabeth I's Golden Ship (1)
5. The Golden Goblet of Attila the Hun (1)

Blue Barracudas
1. The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein (6)
2. The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart (5)
3. The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu (4)

4. The Ivory Elephant of Scheherezade (1)
5. The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King (1)
6. The Pearl Necklace of Gwalior (1)

Green Monkeys
1. The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible (6)
2. The Dried Apple Half of William Tell (5)
3. The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd (4)

4. The Marble Armrest of Xerxes (2)
5. The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce (1)

Orange Iguanas
1. Wild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's Hand (4)
2. The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci (4)
3. The Golden Stallion of Ali Baba (3)

4. The Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftain (2)
5. The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack (1)
6. The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean

Purple Parrots
1. The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson (4)
2. The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley (4)
3. The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman (4)

Silver Snakes
1. The Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary (4)
2. The War Fan of the 47 Ronin (3)
T3. The Pendant of Kamehameha (2)
T3. The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan (2)

5. Henry VIII's Great Seal (1)

Let's start off with the Red Jaguars.  :jaguars2:

EASIEST LAYOUTS:

Red Jaguars
1. The Mask of Shaka Zulu (4)
2. The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland (4)
T3. The Helmet of Genghis Khan (2)
T3. The Treasure of Anne Bonny (2)

Blue Barracudas
1. The Diary of Dr. Livingstone (4)
2. The Moccasins of Geronimo (3)
3. The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa (2)

4. The Belly Button of Buddha (1)
5. The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor (1)
6. The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin (1)

Green Monkeys
1. The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza (5)
2. Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat (4)
T3. The Trojan Horseshoe (2)
T3. The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba (2)

5. The Broken Wing of Icarus (1)
6. The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth (1)

Orange Iguanas
1. The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy (4)
2. The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain (4)
3. The Bonnet of Dolley Madison (2)

4. The Golden Chains of Zenobia (1)
5. The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus (1)

Purple Parrots
1. The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid (5)
2. The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief (5)
3. The Lost Lion Tail of Little John (4)

4. The Milk Bucket of Freydis (1)

Silver Snakes
1.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  (4)
2. The Collar of Davy Crockett (3)
3. The Ruby Earring of Benzibab (2)

4. The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra (1)
5. The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe (1)
6. The Broken Trident of Poseidon (1)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 02:40:30 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Hardest Layouts by Team - Day 1 - Red Jaguars
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 11:38:18 PM »
Once the poll is fixed, the three Red Jaguars runs I voted were: Golden Cup, Stone Marker, and Queen Boadicea.

1.) Golden Cup - This was one of the most unfair layouts in Season 1. Katherine and Sean got screwed really bad by the Harmonic Convergence dead end and it ate a lot of time. They deserved a second chance.

2.) Stone Marker - What made this layout really cheap was that the producers copied it exactly from Leonardo Da Vinci. And like that run, the same outcome happened. The cruel part was that it forced the team up the central shaft after the dead end in the Bamboo Forest. And then Keel was taken out after being forced up the central shaft.

3.) Queen Boadicea - Sure, this team should've won. But their layout was pretty long and all three guards were forced. And they did everything right in this run too, and they still came up short. If they had the other Red Jaguars run (Frederick Douglass), Nate and Lissy would've won.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:59:53 AM »
Poll has been fixed. So now three options are available instead of just one.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 01:04:23 AM »
Thanks for fixing that for me.  :mrred:

I placed my votes for Belshazzar, Stone Marker, and Queen Boadicea too.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 01:17:36 AM »
My choices:

Elizabeth the First's Golden Ship: I know it was Joe and Gabby's own fault for taking a direct path, but the temple guard layout was way too unfair. Plus, the half pendant was nowhere in sight either.

The Golden Cup of Belshazzar: This layout was just impossible, like TRJ said. Katherine and Sean were pretty good players, they just got completely screwed over. And not just because of their layout.

The Stone Marker of Leif Erickson: Another impossible layout, for same reasons as TRJ.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 05:18:49 PM »
I think I can end the poll for the best team ever right now. ;) It looks like the top 3 voted runs were Belshazzar (5), Stone Marker (5), and Queen Boadicea (3). Both Attila the Hun and Golden Ship got one point a piece. I was tempted to vote for Golden Ship too in place of Boadicea, but I will just leave it as is. ;)

Next team will be the Blue Barracudas.  :mrblue:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Hardest Layouts by Team - Day 2- Blue Barracudas
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 05:29:08 PM »
I voted for Red Sash, Missing Portrait, and Amelia Earhart.

1. Red Sash - Brandy and Quentin did a solid job with a layout that offered little shortcuts. While they were hesitant, this layout itself was quirky and unfair. They were not granted access to the Shrine-Dark Forest shortcut and the Shrine-Secret Password door being already open was also confusing. And they still made it to the room of the artifact despite completing 9 rooms.

2. Missing Portrait - Keith and Rachel were an average team too, but their layout was unfair too. They had no shortcuts given to them at all, and had to complete 10 rooms at minimum to reach the artifact. Not even Jarrid and Jessica would've won with this layout.

3. Amelia Earhart - While Kristen was slow and pathetic, this layout was unfair for S1 standards. Just like the above runs, this team was given no shortcuts and the temple guard placement was very cheap. I mean a one room away guard? It was either this run or Ivory Elephant. I went with this run over Scheherezade though because Monica and Brad had shortcuts in their runs, but they failed to take them.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 05:36:18 PM »
Oops, I was going to click Lucky Pig and I clicked Lucky Pillow, please let me change it. :oops:

And my other two are Red Sash and Missing Portrait.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 05:37:42 PM »
I reset the poll, GM1. So now you can vote for Amelia Earhart. Just don't forget to vote for Missing Portrait and Red Sash again. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »
I also voted for Lucky Pig, Missing Portrait, and Red Sash. For the same reasons as TRJ.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 12:26:39 AM »
And time to move onto the next team! Missing Portrait (6), Lucky Pig (5), and Red Sash (4) are the three winners of this poll.

Next team up is the Green Monkeys.  :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Hardest Layouts by Team - Day 3 - Green Monkeys
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 12:38:05 AM »
Honestly, this poll was pretty tough because there are like 5-6 runs I want to vote for. The three main ones I chose were Ivan the Terrible, Dried Apple Half, and Belle Boyd.

1. Ivan the Terrible - This choice is very easy. Travis and Elisa were flawless in the temple and they still didn't even reach the artifact. This tells you a lot about how cruel this layout was. Everything was tough about this layout from the rooms they were forced to enter to the temple guard placement. One of the most heartbreaking losses on the show.

2. Dried Apple Half - To be honest, this had to be the toughest layout on the show. No team would've came close with this layout at all. I mean the Green Monkeys were forced down into the Ledges, forced to the bottom of the Pit, forced to climb to the top of the central shaft, and forced all the way down it. This was all time consuming and a very cheap layout. It didn't help that Lauren and Brett were incompetent, but it doesn't change the fact on how unfair it was.

3. Belle Boyd - Another Green Monkeys team that had an awesome performance but came up short. In this case, Leah and Matthew didn't take the shortest path. But that doesn't change how hard this layout was.

Other honorable mentions are Robert the Bruce for having an almost identical layout to Missing Portrait, Imperial Wizard for the long layout, and Fountain of Youth for the one room away guard. But those runs just missed the cut.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 12:50:28 AM »
I also voted for Ivan the Terrible, William Tell, and Belle Boyd. All those layouts were completely unwinnable and impossible. I almost voted for Ponce de Leon, but the other layouts were even harder.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 10:25:38 AM »
I voted for Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible, Dried Apple Half of William Tell, and Marble Armrest of Xerxes.

• Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible- Travis and Elisa had to enter the Chamber of the Sacred Markers, were forced down into the Tomb of the Headless Kings, across the bottom floor, and then back up and across the top floor. Travis was removed eight rooms into the temple, and then Elisa was “delayed” by a guard in the Ancient Warriors. All in all, this was a very tough layout. The only things in their favor were that they were not forced into the Ledges or the Secret Password and that they had two pendants… not much of a break.
  • Dried Apple Half of William Tell- Brett and Lauren were forced into the bottom of the Pit and then up into the King’s Storeroom. After trekking down the whole central shaft, chances are that they would have been forced into at least the Quicksand Bog before gaining access to the top floor.
  • Marble Armrest of Xerxes- This run was probably not on most people’s radar since Noelle and Pat were not very successful in this run, but when you look at the intricacies of the run, you will find that it was actually a pretty difficult run. They were forced down into the Ledges before entering the Pit. Then after a very slow journey across the bottom floor of the temple, they failed to find a key in the Dark Forest AND were not given access to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey from the Quicksand Bog. In the final few seconds of the run, Pat attempted to climb up the slide to the Secret Password, but the slide was unusually slippery. This was a very difficult path in that the team was forced into the Ledges and all the way around the horn. They would have had to have entered at least 10 rooms before reaching the Marble Armrest.

Other contenders:
  • Ponce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth- The team entered 10 rooms and encountered a guard one room away from the artifact, but the room objectives were much simpler to complete in Season 1.
  • Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce- After being forced up into the Crypt, the path led the team up to the King’s Storeroom and across the top floor, around the horn, and back across the bottom floor. This was a very long, difficult run, but there is a very slim chance that the guard in the Ancient Warriors may have been avoidable, which would have made this path a bit easier. Notice that Jeremy didn’t hesitate to try the middle armor before entering the Shrine. This makes me believe that the guard was behind an inactive armor, similar to what happened during the Lion-Headed Bracelet run.
  • Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd- This run was just as long and difficult as the William Tell, but this team was not forced into the Ledges, nor was the King’s Storeroom mandatory to enter. Leah and Matthew were far more successful than Noelle and Pat, but fewer rooms were required to reach the artifact, and the Shrine may have been accessible from the Quicksand Bog.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 11:29:54 AM »
I totally forgot about the Xerxes layout. That is another good honorable mention too that I would add to my list. That layout was very brutal too considering it forced the team to use the Ledges and made them take the Quicksand Bog-Secret Password route. Noelle and Pat were pretty pathetic, but I am not sure if any team would have success in that run. If Levi and Candace of the Purple Parrots had that temple layout, they would've made it to the Shrine at most.

And Lost Fountain of Youth would've been my runner-up choice in place of Belle Boyd. That had to be the most unfair temple guard layout on the show. The reason I didn't vote for it was because:

a.) The rooms were more simple like PP4L mentioned.
b.) The Shrine-Ancient Kings shortcut was open, but James failed to take it.

I think it was possible to win in this layout though at least. Had one of the players started in the Cave of Sighs (most preferably Jessica), they would've been taken out in the Observatory. And the last guard would've been irrelevant since they had two pendants. I din't know if this Green Monkeys team would've won, but a team like John Sutter, Sir Edmund Hillary, and Kamehameha would've won.