Poll

Rate: The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman

Author Topic: Rate the Purple Parrot Run - Day 4: The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman  (Read 945 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I have a new idea for a rating thread: rate the temple runs for each team color. I am not sure if I am going to cover each team, but I wanted to try out this idea first with the Purple Parrots. Basically, I will hold a poll everyday for each temple appearance of the Purple Parrots. You must rate each temple run on a scale of 1-10 like all of the other topics. When rating each Purple Parrots run, only compare them to OTHER Purple Parrot runs. Don't compare them to other Legends teams at all. The whole point of this topic is to find the best and worst runs for each team color.

Otherwise, you guys know how this works.  :mrpurple:

Previous Results:
Day One - "The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief": 7.00
Day Two - "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi": 3.00
Day Three - "The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid": 8.20

Featured Episode: "The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman"
Team: Brian and Gracelyn
Artifact Location: Dark Forest
Pendants: 1.5
Outcome: Triple Capture (0:44 seconds left on clock)

Let's start off with "The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief".  :mrpurple:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:10:50 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the Blackfeet Chief a 7. This was a pretty good Purple Parrot temple run. It is also one of their more forgettable runs too. And it wasn't very exciting. Leah was a very slow frontrunner also. I honestly blame her for the reason this team lost because she stalled too much on the bottom floor. Brandon was kind of slow too, but he made up for it with his badass Silver Monkey completion. Unfortunately, his bad exit plan didn't help the team much. This could've been the first Purple Parrot win if it wasn't for the mistakes above and their slowness. But it still had a decent outcome and Brandon and Leah had a good temple appearance.  :mrpurple:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I also gave Leah and Brandon a 7. They were a good team, though they would've won if they weren't so slow. By the way, are you gonna do this with all the other teams? Or just the Purple Parrots? Just wondering.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I am thinking about doing all of the teams. I might double-up on the teams too since the Orange Iguanas and Green Monkeys have a ridiculous amount of temple runs and it would take four months to cover each run individually. I think I will start the next team once we are half-way through the Purple Parrots. ;) Probably will be the Green Monkeys or Silver Snakes, unless somebody wants me to cover a specific team.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Blackfeet Chief finishes with a perfect 7.00.  :mrpurple:  :mrpurple:

"The Oracle Bowl of Delphi" is the next one up.  :oops:  :mrpurple:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Purple Parrot Run - Day 2: The Oracle Bowl of Delphi
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 10:47:44 PM »
Oracle Bowl team gets a 3. For the very first Purple Parrot temple run, it was pretty crappy. Shane was awesome and was a very solid frontrunner, but this temple run went downhill the second Jackie went into the temple. She was a horrible player and a lost cause. :roll: She blew her load very hard and made this temple run look bad. This temple run was just too disappointing.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 10:49:32 PM »
I also gave the Oracle Bowl run a 3, for same reasons as TRJ. One of the many examples of how it should've been reverse order of players. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 11:04:30 PM »
I am not sure if this team would've won if Jackie went into the temple first. Unless she started in the Room of the Three Gargoyles, she wouldn't have been taken out of the temple until the Shrine or Treasure Room. This would've been like an Amelia Earhart type of run had Jackie started low. :roll: If she did get taken out in the Swamp like Shane did, she probably would've left a little over a minute left for Shane. He probably would've reached the Oracle Bowl, but they wouldn't have won. :roll:

I really sometimes wonder who is worse - Jackie or Claude?  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 11:06:57 PM »
I think Claude was worse. I mean, that boy looked lost. He walked through every room and couldn't even get past the Dark Forest. At least Jackie had sort of a reason, it was Season 1 and even Kirk got confused in some rooms. The Pirate's Cove comes to mind.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 11:10:59 PM »
Yeah, Claude was definitely worst than Jackie. He was very slow and didn't know what he was doing at all. Did he really get lost in the Mine Shaft? :roll: How he found the half-pendant was beyond me.  :shock: And Jackie sort of got shafted in the Pirate's Cove too. It even took Kirk 15 seconds to figure out the room's real objective and Olmec never explained the Torch Room part in his rundown.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 03:57:16 PM »
With only three votes, I guess Oracle Bowl gets a unanimous 3 average. For a temple run like this, we don't even need anymore votes. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 09:32:25 PM »
I can't believe I forgot about this! But Oracle Bowl ends with a lowly 3, which is only fitting for this pathetic attempt. :roll:

On a better note, next one up is "The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid".  :mrpurple:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave Billy the Kid a 7. This was the first time a Purple Parrot team won on the show, and it was worth the wait! It's too bad that they had to wait over 60 episodes to do so, but at least they won in dominating fashion.  :mrpurple: Kelly and Tony though did almost kind of blow it, which is why my score is a little lower. Especially Tony in the Ledges. :o And the layout was kind of easy too. While Freydis and Egyptian Queen were better runs, this win is good too.  :mrpurple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave Kelly and Tony an 8. They were an excellent team all episode and in the temple run. Most underrated, most criticized run ever.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Billy the Kid finishes with an 8.20.

Next up is "The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman".  :oops: