Author Topic: Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego?: The New Chapters  (Read 164 times)

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego?: The New Chapters
« on: September 24, 2013, 09:22:23 PM »
This is what I’ve been working on as a break from Legends: Rebirth for the past few months: my tribute to another of my favorite game shows as a kid.

September 22, 2013
PBS Revives Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego

As part of its attempt to reach out to older children, PBS has decided to revive ‘90s children’s game show Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego… Actor Kevin Shinick returning to host the show.  The role of the “Chief”, originally portrayed by the late Lynne Thigpen, will be played by veteran actress S. Epatha Merkerson…

Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?: The New Chapters

Starring
Kevin Shinick as Himself
S. Epatha Merkerson as The Chief

Format
The show works just like the original: three ‘Time Pilots’ (kids from ages 10 to 15) compete to stop Carmen Sandiego and her evil henchmen from swiping precious pieces of history.

Round 1
The Chief gives a brief rundown to the contestants on what was stolen and where and when in history it was stolen from.  The Time Pilots are given 50 Power Points to begin the game.  Answering a question correctly earns them ten more Power Points.  Throughout the round, various “informants” provide clues as to the crook of the day’s whereabouts in history.  At the end of each clue (three in all), another ten-point question is asked.  At two points during the game, there is a question portion called a DATA BOOST.  During a Data Boost, Kevin reads a subject, followed by 2-3 possible answers.  If a contestant answers correctly, they gain five Power Points; if they’re wrong, they lose five.  There’s also a GLOBAL PURSUIT round, played similar to “The Chase” from Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?.  Correct answers are still worth five Power Points.  The last portion of the first round is an ULTIMATE DATA BOOST.  It is played just like a regular Data Boost, except that right answers earn ten Power Points and wrong answers cost a player ten.  The two players with the most points at the end of Round 1 advance to the next round.  If there is a tie, a tiebreaker question is asked.

Round 2
In this round, the two remaining Time Pilots must list nine events pertaining to the day’s topic in reverse chronological order, starting from the most recent event and ending with the least recent event.  As long as the player in control continues to give right answers, they may keep playing.  If they give a wrong answer or take too long, control passes to the other player.  The first player to successfully list the events in the correct order wins and goes on to the Trail of Time.

Final Round: The Trail of Time
The winning Time Pilot now attempts to cross seven “Time Portals” (randomly placed ‘gates’ around the stage) in two minutes. At each gate, they are asked a question by the actress that portrays Carmen Sandiego via voice-over.  If they answer the question correctly, they’ll move on to the next portal.  If they get it wrong, they must operate a manual device to open the gate (turning a hand crank, pulling a rope, etc.) before moving to the next portal.  They capture the crook of the day after two portals are crossed.  If they cross all seven portals in two minutes, they “capture” Carmen Sandiego and win the grand prize: a fully stocked new Toshiba laptop computer, and a $250 savings bond.

That's the basic premise of the game.

Episodes (episodes are in airing order, NOT the date I plan to post them)

Season 1
September 30: Sheryl/Richard/Adam
October 1: William/Lena/James
October 2: Inez/Jonathan/Clayton
October 3: Joanna/Candace/Rob
October 4: Gwen/Shawn/Jessica
October 7: Juan/Kimberly/Jordan
October 8: Moses/Jose/Stephanie
October 9: Cory/Vicki/Clinton
October 10: Wayne/Noel/Desiree
October 11: Jenny/Christopher/Randy
October 14:
October 15:
October 16:
October 17:
October 18:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 28:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:
November 1:
November 4:
November 5:
November 6:
November 7:
November 8:

And there you have it. The first episode will be posted soon, so look out for it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:28:10 PM by The Bandit King »
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
Re: Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego?: The New Chapters
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »
I see some changes to the format.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 10:37:56 PM »
I see some changes to the format.
Yes, there are a few changes. I assure you, it won't affect the gameplay too much.

Anyhow, the first episode should be up tomorrow.

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 10:41:07 PM »
Here I am a day later, and nothing. Oh well, best-laid plans and all that. :roll:

I'll probably have Episode 1 up tomorrow evening if nothing happens.

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Privacy
Hosting provided by VlexoFree Hosting