Poll

What was the most tragic episode on the show?

The Treasure of Anne Bonny
The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King
The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl
The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de' Medici
The War Fan of the 47 Ronin

Author Topic: Most Tragic Episode by Team - Day Seven: Most Tragic Episode  (Read 1201 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Most Tragic Episode by Team - Day Seven: Most Tragic Episode
« on: August 24, 2013, 02:11:01 AM »
Every Legends team had that moment on the show where a certain event happened that caused them to lose in some dramatic way. In this thread, I want to make a list of the most tragic episodes for each team color. When I say "tragic moment", I am looking for an event that happened in an episode that was very disappointing and heartbreaking that caused the team to lose and screwed them over in one way or another. It doesn't have to be a bad moment, just an event that has a disappointing and distressing outcome.

Pretty much like my other polls, I will make a daily poll dedicated to each team on the show. I will include only temple losses in the poll because all the tragic moments came from those episodes obviously. The episode with the most votes will be featured for that particular team. Once we find the tragic moment for each team, we will make a final poll to find the most tragic moment on the show. ;)

RESULTS:

:jaguars2: - "The Treasure of Anne Bonny"

:barracudas2: - "The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King"

:monkeys2: - "The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible"

:iguanas2: - "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl"

:parrots2: - "The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de Medici"

:snakes2:  - "The War Fan of the 47 Ronin"

First team up is the usual - Red Jaguars!  :mrred: Remember, you are voting for only one episode. ;) :jaguars2:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:32:30 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Most Tragic Episode by Team - Day One: Red Jaguars
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 02:13:31 AM »
When it comes to the Red Jaguars, I voted for "The Treasure of Anne Bonny" as the most tragic moment. This Red Jaguars team had the win in their hand, but it all literally went down the central shaft when Ron decided to take a bad exit plan. I know Ron was not a good player at all and was a complete moron, but this team really should've won. It was very disappointing to see Ron take the central shaft ladder because from that point I knew the team wouldn't have won.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 02:18:17 AM »
I also voted for Anne Bonny, for the same reasons as TRJ. Ron had the whole win in the bag, but blew it. If it weren't for that, it would've been a 4-on-4 day and a great way to cap off Season 1. :roll:

Also, what about Montezuma? Kelly not knowing how to assemble the monkey was sort of tragic in its own way....

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 02:20:23 AM »
Oops, Montezuma definitely belongs on that list. It was pretty sad that this team didn't win either because they really should've, but Ron could've won this one easily if he just stayed at the top of the temple. And it would've ended S1 with a win AND a 4/4 day.  :?  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 02:25:22 AM »
Plus, the run before them (Cleopatra) had an artifact in the Torch room AND was a win. It could've been consecutive artifacts being successfully retrieved. Stupid Ron and his bad exit plans. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 02:28:32 AM »
Montezuma would've been my runner-up choice for sure. I was actually going to vote Missing Weather Maps at first for the team not reaching the Dark Forest artifact, but Kim messed this one up so bad that they had no chance at winning either way. :roll: I know Ron was no better either, but the ending was so disappointing and you can even see it in Fred's face.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 02:30:26 AM »
Yeah, Katherine/Fred looked pissed at the end. You could tell she wanted to murder Ron for losing. :roll: :lol:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 06:59:21 AM »
Anne Bonny... because of Cheater. :roll: He had to do one thing, get out, and he couldn't do that right for a 4/4 day. He made sure this would be a loss. :roll:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline NekoSuave

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 12:25:42 PM »
I'm voting for Anne Bonny, mainly because I felt bad for Fred at the end. You could tell she was pissed at Ron, and I don't blame her. If he didn't decide to go down the central shaft instead of walking across the Troubled Bridge, this would've been a win and a nice way to end Season 1.
Favorite Episode(s): The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, the Milk Bucket of Freydis, the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
Favorite Team: Purple Parrots
Favorite Room(s): The Dark Forest, followed by the Lightning Room and the Shrine of the Silver Monkey

What if Legends was brought back in 2002? You get Legends of the Hidden Temple: Unearthed (updates every one to two weeks, on Wednesdays)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »
And the Red Jaguars poll is up! Looks like Ron and Anne Bonny win the the most tragic episode title for the Red Jaguars.  :mrred:

Next team will be the Blue Barracudas.  ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Most Tragic Episode by Team - Day Two: Blue Barracudas
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »
I voted for "The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King" as the most tragic Blue Barracuda episode. This team had some really bad luck in the temple. Maggie lost her full pendant in the Pit by accident and her temple appearance is short-lived. Not to mention, the team's strategy is messed up. After Josh finds her pendant, the run still ends in triple capture because Josh took a different path and it resulted in a triple capture. While they are partly to blame for this, the outcome was pretty crappy and I am sure both players felt disappointed since the pendant drop screwed up their temple plan. And seeing Josh get captured by the third guard after finding the full pendant was even more disappointing.  :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »
I also voted for Mummified Hand. Both Maggie and Josh got screwed big time with the whole pendant drop. Though Josh should've just followed Maggie's path, even if they wanted to stay high all along.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 02:00:55 AM »
And the most tragic moment for the Blue Barracudas was Mummified Hand.  :mrblue:

Next team to cover is the Green Monkeys.  :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Most Tragic Episode by Team - Day Three: Green Monkeys
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 02:10:55 AM »
The Green Monkeys had 3 different episodes to vote for, but I felt that "The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible" was the best choice. Travis and Elisa were a flawless team in the temple and they still loss due to a very brutal layout. The very last temple guard encounter in the Ancient Warriors was the most tragic part of this run as it prevented Elisa from reaching the Discarded Seal. Plus, you can tell she looked disappointed in the credits while sitting inside her suit of armor. Too bad, because this team deserved a second chance.  :cry:

My other choices would've been Lost Lariat and Icarus. Both episodes were close to win, but both male players blew it. Icarus was actually my first vote, but Jason deserved to lose after acting like a moron in the temple.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Most Tragic Episode by Team - Day Three: Green Monkeys
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 02:24:27 AM »
I also voted for Discarded Seal, that layout was just completely unwinnable. Though when the credits rolled, Elisa seemed to be in better spirits. She was even being spun around in the armor, all while laughing it off too. So at least she wasn't too defeated with losing.