Poll

Rate: The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror

Author Topic: Rate the "Center of the Room" run - Day 13: William the Conqueror  (Read 1248 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Time for a new rating thread! I wanted to make this for the past couple of weeks, but didn't have time due to being busy studying. In this thread, we are going to rate all of the "center of the temple" runs. The center of the temple runs featured some of the toughest temple layouts on the show. As a result, we had a lot of teams fail to even reach the artifact. Just like the "bottom of the central" shaft rating thread, I will make a poll every day and we will rate each center of the temple run. When rating these runs, try comparing them to other center of the temple runs. Other than that, you know the rest.  :mrred:

Results:
Day 1 - The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein: 6.17 (6 votes)
Day 2 - Ponce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth: 4.33 (6 votes)
Day 3 - The Lost Whale Bone of Pytheas: 4.75 (4 votes)
Day 4 - The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak: 10 (5 votes)
Day 5 - The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan: 8.75 (4 votes)
Day 6 - The Marble Armrest of Xerxes: 1.20 (5 votes)
Day 7 - The Helmet of Joan of Arc: 5.75 (4 votes)
Day 8 - The Ivory Elephant of Scheherazade: 5.80 (5 votes)
Day 9 - The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce: 3.60 (5 votes)
Day 10 - The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor: 9.67 (6 votes)
Day 11 - The Codebook of Mata Hari: 3.60 (5 votes)
Day 12 - The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley: 8.50 (4 votes)
Day 13 - The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror

Featured Episode - "The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror"
Players - Jonathan and Olivia
Pendants - 2
Rooms Entered - 9
Final Outcome - Failed escape

To start off, our first episode will be "The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein".  :mrblue:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:04:29 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the Hans Holbein team a 6 for their temple performance. This temple layout was very brutal and this team was literally forced to enter every room of the temple. However, Rachel and Keith were too slow to face such a brutal layout. Rachel took too long to enter her third room of the temple and Keith kind of stalled in some rooms like the Room of the Ancient Warriors. It was a good effort, but they should've made more progress if it wasn't for a couple of mistakes. I thought that this was a good run, but it doesn't stack well compared to other runs from this room space.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I also gave Hans Holbein a 6. Rachel and Keith were a good team, they just got an impossible layout. Though they could've moved faster.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I am going to move onto our next run for this room space now. Hans Holbein will finish with a 6.17 score.

The next run we will cover is "Ponce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth". I will also add a schedule for the remaining uncovered runs from this room space. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the "Center of the Room" run - Day 2: The Lost Fountain of Youth
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »
I gave the Lost Fountain of Youth run a 4. This run was pretty boring and nothing exciting really happens. James and Jessica were such a slow team in the temple, and Jessica had no idea what she was doing as a second runner. :roll: The temple guard placement was really cheap though. This was one of those runs where it paid to encounter all 3 guards. But at the same time, the team moved slow and didn't take shortcuts. They weren't going to win either way. The only good moment from this run was the temple guard encounter in the Observatory. :P Other than that, it was boring and the team would've done better had not moved so slow...

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 03:12:36 PM »
Of course, you would put Annie Oakley last. :P

I also gave Ponce de Leon a 4. So boring, and Jessica was a horrible second runner.

Offline NekoSuave

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 03:14:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm giving them a 4, too. James didn't use shortcuts, and Jessica backtracked into the Observatory.
Favorite Episode(s): The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, the Milk Bucket of Freydis, the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
Favorite Team: Purple Parrots
Favorite Room(s): The Dark Forest, followed by the Lightning Room and the Shrine of the Silver Monkey

What if Legends was brought back in 2002? You get Legends of the Hidden Temple: Unearthed (updates every one to two weeks, on Wednesdays)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 06:24:04 PM »
And Lost Fountain of Youth ends with a 4.33.

Next run from this room space is "The Lost Whale Bone of Pytheas".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the Lost Whale Bone run a 5. Nothing really exciting happens in this temple run. Brittany and Damien did make it one room away from the artifact, but they really should've reached the Lost Whale Bone had they not moved so...freakin'... slow. -_- Brittany wasn't too bad with her speed and she actually made good time from where she was taken out in the Shrine. Damien was way too slow to be a second runner though. :roll: The kid had a clear path to the Shrine and he still took his time to get there. They weren't clueless kids as evident by their quick completion of their rooms, they just moved too slow between them. Other than that, this run was boring and forgettable.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I also gave this run a 5. So boring.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
FASTER DAMIEN FASTER! gets a 4.75 final score.

Next temple run is "The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Mussel-Shell armor gets a perfect 10 from me. This was one of the best, if not the best, temple run on the whole show. The whole run was exciting and Gator was the best player to enter the temple. Amanda didn't do too bad in her path to the Dark Forest, but Gator was simply leagues better and was easily the star of this run. It was awesome to see him run through the bottom floor of the temple with the camera having a hard time keeping up with him. This is how you run in the temple, folks! Amanda's cheering and Gator's speed make this run amazing.  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I also gave it a 10, for obvious reasons. Gator owned everything. :mrgreen:

Offline GreenMonkey546

• Silver Monkey
    • View Profile
And another superb ten to Gator's Episode :mrgreen:  :monkeys2:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Time to update this thread. As expected, Mussel-Shell Armor and Gator get a 10.  :mrgreen:

Next run up is "The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan".  :mrsilver: