Poll

Rate: The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl

Author Topic: Rate the Bottom of the Central Shaft Run - Day 8: Priceless Portrait  (Read 1055 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Since these rating threads have been getting a lot of attention, I wanted to try and make another. This time we will be rating all of the "Bottom of the Central Shaft" runs. The bottom of the central shaft was the only room space that did not feature a temple victory. A few teams came close, but no one has ever been victorious. In this rating thread, we will rate all of the bottom of the central shaft runs. The good part is that there are only 7 bottom of the central shaft runs, so this one will be quick.

When rating each of these temple runs, try comparing them to the other bottom of the central shaft runs only. Since those are the temple runs were are comparing in this topic. The polls will last 24 hours as usual and posting your feedback is not required, although it usually makes a good read when everyone posts their opinion. Here is the schedule also:

Previous Results:
Day One - The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu - 7.88 (8 votes)
Day Two - The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart - 2.11 (9 votes)
Day Three - The Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass - 2.13 (8 votes)
Day Four - The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin - 6.00 (8 votes)
Day Five - The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie - 7.33 (9 votes)
Day Six - Elizabeth I's Golden Ship - 3.81 (7 votes)
Day Seven - The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea - 9.00 (7 votes)
Day Eight - The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl - 8.11 (9 votes)

Featured Episode - "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl"
Team - Jim and Kristen
Pendants - 1.5
Temple Guards - Crypt, Room of the Mandarin Hand, Observatory
Outcome - Reached artifact, but failed to escape with it
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:02:53 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Bottom of the Central Shaft Run - Day 1: Red Sash
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »
I gave the Red Sash team a 8. Brandy and Quentin put up a strong performance in the temple and entered almost every room of the temple. They even managed to reach the Tomb of the Headless Kings, but time ran out as they just entered the room. Compared to most bottom of the central shaft runs, this one was really good. It just wasn't as exciting as a couple of them though. Plus, Brandy and Quentin were a little too hesitant and they completed unnecessary objectives too. But still, they were a good team and would've won had the Shrine shortcut opened. I just find a couple of the other bottom of the central runs slightly better.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 12:40:01 AM »
I also gave them an 8. Brandy and Quentin were a good team. Though they would've won if they didn't make all those mistakes or hesitate too much.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 07:33:12 AM »
I gave the Red Sash team a 7. As I've mentioned in previous runs, there were many quirks to this run, including the late guards, Quentin's early entry into the temple, and Olmec's eyes glowing during the run. Now to the run itself: Brandy had the ability to either bypass assembling the Silver Monkey or the Secret Password, but instead decided to complete both rooms. That ate up more time than necessary, and ultimately affected the outcome of the run. Quentin followed up on Brandy's path a little slowly, and did not pick up the pace until he reached the bottom floor. Although he was lucky that the Jesters' Court activated quickly, Quentin failed to reach the Red Sash in the final seconds of the run because of his earlier lack of urgency. Brandy left him enough time to reach the Tomb of the Headless Kings, and had she not spent the time in the Shrine, there may have even been enough time for a victory as well.

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:40:10 AM »
I give Brandy and Quentin an 8.  While they made it harder on themselves by completing an extra room, looking at objectively and considering how difficult the run was, they still actually did really well to almost get the sash.
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

Offline Legend of Legends

• Orange Iguana
  • Legends is the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »
I say an 8. Good run, but brandy and Quentin made a couple of mistakes that cost them. It was one of those so close, yet so far runs. Didn't this legend feature a line from tokugawas enemy that went like "I'm grounded for three weeks without tv" or something like that?

Offline NekoSuave

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »
I'll give these guys an 8. They were good, but they made mistakes that cost them in the long run. And yeah, that legend did feature a really stupid line.
Favorite Episode(s): The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, the Milk Bucket of Freydis, the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
Favorite Team: Purple Parrots
Favorite Room(s): The Dark Forest, followed by the Lightning Room and the Shrine of the Silver Monkey

What if Legends was brought back in 2002? You get Legends of the Hidden Temple: Unearthed (updates every one to two weeks, on Wednesdays)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
Hello LoL, it's been a while since we have seen you post here. Welcome back.  :mrblue:

And yeah, the Red Sash legend featured a line where Tokugawa's enemy warlord was about to be punished, and he thought that he was going to be "Grounded for two weeks with no TV." Probably the lamest line in any legend featured on the show. :roll:

• Orange Iguana
  • Legends is the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 04:29:43 PM »
Thanks, trj. How has the forum been?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 05:07:30 PM »
With 8 votes, I think we can move onto our next bottom of the central shaft run. Red Sash finishes with a 7.88.

The next run we will cover is "The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart".  :oops:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Bottom of the Central Shaft Run - Day 2: Lucky Pig
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 05:11:49 PM »
I gave Amelia Earhart a 2. This was an awful and painful temple run to watch. Kristen was a horrible, clueless, and very slow player. She struggled in every room she entered and got lost in some of the easiest rooms of the temple. She did not even belong in the temple the first place. I was so close to giving this run a 1. But two reasons why I didn't give it was because 1.) The temple guard layout was bad luck and the temple layout was brutal and 2.) Scott and Kirk's enthusiasm made this run sort of redeemable. But still, Kristen was a bad player and Jim Scott never got a chance to enter at all. He would've done MUCH better than Kristen. :roll:

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 05:25:51 PM »
For the millionth time, it's SCOTT, not Jim.

Speaking of which, you forgot Priceless Portrait. ;)

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Orange Iguana
  • Legends is the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 05:38:54 PM »
Giving it a 3. Suckish run. Ok pre-run rounds

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 06:12:04 PM »
I gave this run a 2. Kristen just didn't belong on the show. :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 07:01:49 PM »
I gave Lucky Pig a 3. The path was long, and the temple guard placement was pretty cruel. Kristen may have walked through the whole temple and gotten lost in the Dungeon, but in the Season 1 temple, the room objectives were not so elaborate that you had to fly through everything to get far into the temple (as Kristen proved).