0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 29, 2013, 10:12:45 PM

Author Topic: Rate the Triple Capture Run - Day 14: The Pendant of Kamehameha  (Read 1068 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Here is yet another rating thread, this time around we will rate the temple runs that ended in triple capture. While a temple run ending in triple capture is never a good outcome on the show, at times there were triple capture teams that would've won despite the bad outcome. In this topic, we will determine the best and worst triple capture episodes. When rating the triple capture teams, try taking into account the player performance, half-pendant location, chances at winning, and so on. And try to keep your comparisons between two triple captures when comparing them. ;)

Previous Results:
Day One - "The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb" - 6.40
Day Two - "Elizabeth I's Golden Ship" - 3.80
Day Three - "The Lost Love Letter of Captain John Smith"- 5.20
Day Four - "The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce" - 4.67
Day Five - "The Lost Logbooks of Magellan" - 4.20
Day Six - "The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale" - 1.71
Day Seven - "Henry VIII's Great Seal" - 8.75
Day Eight - "The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman" - 2.75
Day Nine - "The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King" - 7.80
Day Ten - "The Missing Eye of David" - 7.75
Day Eleven - "The Crown of Queen Nzinga" - 2.20
Day Twelve - "The Walking Stick of Harriet Tubman" - 3.33
Day Thirteen - "The Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftain" - 6.50
Day Fourteen - "The Pendant of Kamehameha" - 9.25

Featured Episode - "The Pendant of Kamehameha"
Players - Robbie and Tina
Artifact Location - Spider's Lair
Half-Pendant Location -  N/A
Temple Guard locations - Throne Room, Heart Room, and Dungeon
Time Remaining - 0:53

And the first episode up is Lost Taj Mahal Turban.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:33:57 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Lost Taj Mahal Turban gets a 6 from me. This was a pretty forgettable triple capture episode. Dean and Chrystine weren't a bad team, but this temple run was not very exciting at all. I don't have any problems with this one really though. Chrystine did pass the half-pendant, but the locations of it was kind of awkward and you can't blame her for missing it at all. Not that it mattered anyways, because the best the team would've done would be to reach the second prize. And the outcome wasn't that huge of a disaster compared to most, so I can tolerate this one a little more than others.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I also give Taj Mahal Turban a 6. For the same reasons that TRJ stated.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
I gave Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb an 8. I find this run to be pretty good because the team got far with a pretty long layout. Chrystine tried to look for the half pendant, even though it was in an awkward location. And had the team not been caught, they would have at least reached the artifact.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I think we can move onto our next triple capture. The Taj Mahal Turban team finishes with a 6.40 final score.

The next temple run will be "Elizabeth I's Golden Ship".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Triple Capture Run - Day Two: Elizabeth I's Golden Ship
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »
I gave the Golden Ship run a 3. This was the quickest temple loss on the show and the team only traveled through 4 rooms. There is really not much to say about this triple capture except that you can't blame Gabby and Joe entirely for their loss. The temple guard placement was a bit unfair, and the half-pendant is not seen on screen. But still, both of them were so slow that they wouldn't have won even if they found the half-pendant. Also, did Joe really think he could get to the Golden Ship from the Wall Climb? :roll: Come on now, that would be too obvious. They weren't going to win anyways.  :?

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 04:43:35 PM »
Aurangzeb team got a 6 from me. Same reasons as everyone else who gave them a 6.

Golden Ship team gets a 4 from me. They didn't last long, so it's kind of hard to determine how good or bad they were. However, their speed alone is why I gave them a below average score. It was either a 4 or a 3. My 4 might be a little too generous though.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 06:13:18 PM »
I gave them a 4. The temple guard placement was a little harsh, but Gabby and Joe were too slow, they would've lost anyways. And they should know that going from the Wall Climb to the Throne Room would've been too obvious.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 11:56:08 AM »
I think I am ready to move onto the next triple capture. Golden Ship finishes with a 3.80.

Next triple capture we will cover is "The Lost Love Letter of Captain John Smith".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Triple Capture Run - Day Three: Captain John Smith
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 12:02:42 PM »
I gave the Captain John Smith team a 5. Nothing to say about this team, except that they wouldn't have won even if they found the half-pendant. Derrick moved at an average pace and didn't last long. Whitney moved too slow as a second runner, although she did handle the four snakes Medusa's Lair better than a certain Blue Barracuda. She should've found that half-pendant too. But in her defense, I didn't notice it on the inactive actuator the first time either. Either way, they wouldn't have won anyways with 22 seconds left.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 02:37:43 PM »
I gave this team a 5. Nothing special about them, and Whitney should've been able to find that half pendant.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 05:18:28 PM »
Captain John Smith's poll is up. It will finish with a score of 5.20.

Next triple capture is "The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave Robert the Bruce a 4. I don't know, this temple run is so boring. I know it is exactly similar to "Hans Holbein", but Christine and Jeremy moved a little too slow. Plus, Jeremy struggled in a few rooms like the Shrine too. I had to deduct the point for Jeremy missing the half-pendant also. The layout was impossible though, and they didn't have a chance at winning anyways. With 29 seconds left, they would've made it as far as the Jester's Court. It was a boring and forgettable triple capture altogether.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Who on earth gave them a 7? They are certainly not that great to get a 7.... :?

With that said, I gave them a 5. Neither Jeremy or Christine were that great. They were both too slow, and the run was just plain boring.

Offline NekoSuave

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
I think I'll give them a 4. They were slow, and Jeremy had difficulty in some of the rooms. And he should've found the half-pendant.
Favorite Episode(s): The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, the Milk Bucket of Freydis, the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
Favorite Team: Purple Parrots
Favorite Room(s): The Dark Forest, followed by the Lightning Room and the Shrine of the Silver Monkey

What if Legends was brought back in 2002? You get Legends of the Hidden Temple: Unearthed (updates every one to two weeks, on Wednesdays)