Poll

Does "The Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary" temple run get a too much negative criticism?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Does this temple run get too much negative criticism? Day 11- Sir Edmund Hillary  (Read 778 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I don't really see how it is nitpicky to point out Brad taking the Mine Shaft elevator as a mistake either. Everyone slams Chandra and Carly in their respective runs for taking the Mine Shaft elevator and always holds it against them. I would think that it would be fair to do it for Brad too. They were a good team and made it far taking into account the path they took, but they still were flawed and would've reached the Ivory Elephant if those mistakes make. Regardless, it looks like the general consensus is that this temple run does not get a bad reputation.

I am going to do "The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de Medici" next.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I voted yes for the "Golden Pepperoni" run getting too much of a bad reputation. The players in this run were good, but that one mistake at the end with Aqila passing up the Golden Pepperoni gets blown way out of proportion IMO. Yeah, it was a pretty big blunder and cost the team a second prize. But there way worse mistakes in the temple. Besides, Chris and Aqila were a good team up until reaching the Room of the Secret Password. Aqila did a good job in the temple too despite a couple of hesitations. She completed four objectives on her own too. I think all the negativity this run gets for that one mistake is just a little excessive.  ;)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I also said yes, as people way over exaggerate what a terrible player Aqila is. Yes, she was too slow, and yes she passed up the pepperoni. But it was only a mistake, there have been WAY worse moves than running past an artifact. I really don't think this was a bad or pathetic run at all, in fact I find it to be very exciting actually. Besides, that layout was hard, even if Aqila didn't pass the pepperoni, they still wouldn't have won. It probably would've helped though if Chris had gone in second instead. Then people wouldn't be calling the Purple Parrots "the loser team" because of this run. Despite her mistakes, Aqila was a decent player and I can forgive her huge blunder at the end.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And the Golden Pepperoni gets a unanimous vote for getting too much of a bad reputation, and for good reasons too. It was actually a decent and watchable run.

Time to move onto "The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I voted no for "Robert the Bruce" getting too much of a bad reputation. While I don't hold Jeremy against the whole cheating in the temple games because I thought it was an honest mistake, the players in the temple run were kind of lackluster and average though. Both players moved too slow and it didn't help they were facing a very long layout also. Jeremy should've noticed that half-pendant also, and he kind of sucked in the temple too. His Silver Monkey assembly was very sloppy and he moved slow himself. Even though his run ended with 23 seconds on the clock left, he wouldn't have made it pass the Jester's Court. This temple run in general is annoying and I think it deserves any negativity it gets.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I voted no. Even if Jeremy did have a half pendant, they wouldn't have made it past the Jester's Court. They were doomed to lose anyways.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And time to end this poll now. "Robert the Bruce" ends with a score of 4-2 in which the general consensus is that this run the bad reputation it gets.

Now I want to cover "The Dried Apple Half of William Tell".
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:07:42 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I voted "no" for the "William Tell" temple run. This temple run deserves the bad reputation it gets. While the Green Monkeys face one of the toughest layouts (quite possibly the toughest) layouts on the show, they were not a good team at all. Even if they faced a much easier layout, they probably wouldn't have won. Brett was a pretty slow player and it took him two minutes to get all the way down to the last room of the bottom shaft. Lauren was such a big fail that she couldn't even make it to the cleared King's Storeroom with a minute left. You can't even blame the temple layout on this team's incompetence because they were bad players. And even if their layout was tough, the "Ivan the Terrible" and "Belle Boyd" teams faced tough layouts also and they did just fine. Overall, the Green Monkeys were a bad team and this was a bad run in general.  :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
And time to end this poll now. "Robert the Bruce" ends with a score of 4-2 in which everyone believes that this run deserves the bad reputation it gets.

If the poll was not unanimous, then not everyone believed it deserved the bad reputation.  ;)

Now I want to cover "The Dried Apple Half of William Tell".

The William Tell temple path may have been brutal, but the team did not make a lot of progress. Brett was a bit hesitant, especially in the King's Storeroom. Meanwhile, Lauren only traversed two rooms during her minute in the temple, both of which were already cleared. I find it unfair to compare Brett and Lauren to the Ivan the Terrible and Belle Boyd teams because those two teams appeared to be older/taller, and their temple guard placements allowed the frontrunners to get further into the temple before getting taken out. That being said, I believe the William Tell team could have been much more successful in the temple and I believe that (almost) any criticism it receives is deserved.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
If the poll was not unanimous, then not everyone believed it deserved the bad reputation.  ;)

Whoops, wording fail on my part. I fixed it though and thanks for pointing that out. :P

The William Tell temple path may have been brutal, but the team did not make a lot of progress. Brett was a bit hesitant, especially in the King's Storeroom. Meanwhile, Lauren only traversed two rooms during her minute in the temple, both of which were already cleared. I find it unfair to compare Brett and Lauren to the Ivan the Terrible and Belle Boyd teams because those two teams appeared to be older/taller, and their temple guard placements allowed the frontrunners to get further into the temple before getting taken out. That being said, I believe the William Tell team could have been much more successful in the temple and I believe that (almost) any criticism it receives is deserved.

Well, I am not sure how older the Belle Boyd and Ivan the Terrible team would've been compared to Lauren and Brett since the never revealed any of the player's age in S3. So for all we know that Lauren and Brett could be the same age as Leah/Matthew and Travis/Elisa. I do agree that the height tended to favor taller players, but Leah was probably the same height as those two were and she performed very well. Even if Lauren and Brett had the "Belle Boyd" layout, the furthest they would've made was the Dark Forest. The only real brutal aspect of the "William Tell" layout was that Lauren and Brett were actually forced into the bottom of the Pit and then forced to climb up towards the King's Storeroom. The producers had a real twisted idea for temple layouts that day.  :shock:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I also vote no. If you yell incessantly at your partner to hurry up, but it takes you over 10 seconds to get where Kirk is standing to the Ledges, then you should NOT be on the show. [/TMH] Both players had no prayer anyways, as that layout was impossible.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And it looks like the general consensus is that the "William Tell" run deserves the bad reputation it gets.

The next run I want to cover is "The Bonnet of Dolley Madison".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I definitely believe that the "Dolley Madison" run gets too much of a bad reputation. While it does get its fair share of praise around here, the temple run also gets quite a lot of criticism and hate too. Especially on other sites like Youtube. It seems like some people make this run out to be another "Missing Weather Maps" or "Enormous Feather" where the second runner is clueless and ruins everything. Yeah, Ashlie did screw up in the Dark Forest and blew this win. But it was still a very exciting run and good team effort by Ashlie and Matt. Even after Ashlie wasted all that time, she still grabbed the Bonnet with some time left. She was very fast in the temple, so her mistake in the Dark Forest was offset by her fast speed. I always found this run to be exciting and one of the few good Orange Iguana runs. The Orange Iguanas were a good team in this episode that get overlooked due one blunder.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
The Orange Iguanas were a fast and strong team. They were both good players, and I feel that they get an unjust amount of criticism. Ashlie's getting stuck in the Dark Forest was the only thing to go "horribly" wrong, but she wasn't the only person to ever get stuck in that room.  I believe it is slightly forgivable because another person had the same difficulty.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Yeah, Tess from Sojourner Truth got stuck in the Dark Forest as well. But she gets a free pass yet Ashlie gets maligned for doing the same thing. Plus, the players in Dolley Madison were a MUCH faster team than Sojourner Truth, and at least they reached the artifact. Besides the mistake Ashlie made in the Dark Forest, she was very fast and not clueless at all. This run definitely gets way too much criticism.