Author Topic: If you could turn a loss into a win for each team, which run would you...  (Read 273 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
If you could turn one temple loss for each team into a win, which run would you choose? You don't have to get a detail description like I did, just name the run that you wanted to see as a win. Your feedback would be nice for this topic because I want to use it for something later on. ;)

Red Jaguars - The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea
- There aren't many strong Red Jaguar temple losses, but I felt that Nate and Lissy were a very strong team. Lissy may have been slow, but she wasn't terrible and still completed three rooms in a minute. Nate was very strong and made a good effort to reach the Royal Torque. We really needed a bottom of the central shaft win on the show, and I wanted to see this team win the most.

Blue Barracudas - The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu
Another bottom of the central shaft team with a very brutal layout. Brandy and Quentin may have wasted time with certain room objectives and hesitations, but they were both very strong. They almost entered every room of the temple and still reached the room with the Red Sash.

Green Monkeys - The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
- Travis and Elisa had a flawless performance in the temple and they still couldn't win due to their tough temple layout. If they did win their temple run, it would've been the best temple win of all time on the show.

Orange Iguanas - The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl
- It was either this team or Dolley Madison. I wanted to give the nod to the Blue Pearl team though just because the team didn't make as many mistakes and the ending was a nailbiter. If Albert got his act together and if they weren't shafted by that one room away guard, this team would've won. It was a very exciting loss, but it would've been one of the Iguanas best wins if these two won.

Purple Parrots - The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley
- This decision was too easy. Chandra and Nick were a very strong team prior to the temple run. The temple loss was very close, but Chandra took the slow Mine Shaft elevator. It would've been nice to see this team win so the Parrots would've had back-to-back dominating temple teams.

Silver Snakes - The Pendant of Kamehameha
- This decision was hard, but I felt Robbie and Tina were a great team with a heatbreaking outcome. They both moved fast, finished one room away from the Pendant with almost a minute left, and had their temple run ended in one of the most bizarre and heartbreaking way. Even if the Dungeon temple guard was fair, the ending was still awkward and they would've easily won if they had a whole pendant.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Basically all the ones you said, and also "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl." If it had been reverse order of players, this would've been a win for sure. I would've loved to see "The Bonnet of Dolley Madison" as a win as well.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Red Jaguars - The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea
-Same as TRJ. Two-Cornered Hat is up there as well.

Blue Barracudas - The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin
-Either this or Tokugawa Ieyasu. I REALLY want to turn this loss into a win badly. It was handed to them and they blew it. It was honestly the first true shot at a bottom shaft win. Hans Holbein is up there too.

Green Monkeys - The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
-Same as TRJ. Although Belle Boyd, Good-Luck Watch, and Ponce De Leon are up there as well.

Orange Iguanas - The Bonnet of Dolley Madison
-Wasn't sure about this one. Dragon Lady and Thornwood Gavel were in the running for me, but I wanted this to be a win the most of the three.

Purple Parrots - The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley
-Too obvious, although you can make an argument for Cobra Staff and maybe even Bone Necklace.

Silver Snakes - Posted below. Read at your own risk. You have been warned.

THE GOLDEN CRICKET CAGE OF KHAN!
-Yes, this is the loss I'd turn into a win. It's the most embarrassing loss ever and I'd do anything to make it better. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

If that's considered too much of a joke, then Henry VIII's Great Seal I guess. Either that or Kamehameha or Poseidon.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:21:47 AM by PurpleParrot319 »

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I would only turn Cricket Cage into a win if any other team besides John and Tia made it to the temple. *coughPurpleParrotscough* Great Seal is another choice of a Silver Snake run I'd turn into a win, scared temple guard reactions or not.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Here is how I feel about some of the runs mentioned:

Polynesian Girl: I agree with this one. This would be my choice for the Silver Snakes along with Kamehameha. The whole episode was great before the temple run, and if Jim and Kristen won in the temple, that would've been a solid way to close out S2. I would even give this episode a 10/10 if they won. And they weren't a bad team at all, just Kristen's slowness hurt them at the beginning of the run.

Two-Cornered Hat: This is really the only other Red Jaguar loss that was decent. I would've liked to see those two win, but compared to Queen Boadicea, they made too many costly mistakes. But still, it would've been an exciting win at least.

Benjamin Franklin: I agree with this one also. Unlike Red Sash though, they had a better chance at winning since their temple run layout allowed a chance at a solo victory. But Peter and Michelle once again made too many costly mistakes. This would probably be my runner-up for the Barracudas. Maybe even Atahualpa too.

Belle Boyd: Agree, for the same reasons as Ivan the Terrible. Even though Leah and Matthew didn't always take the most direct path, they still put up a stunning performance that would've netted them a win in almost any other layout.

Empress Eugenie: This was probably the easiest bottom of the central shaft run. But Janeen ruined this one though. Jay was awesome and I think he was just as good as the other praised S3 boys like Jarrid, Gator, Zac, and Travis. If he was paired with someone like Lissy, they would've definitely won.

Fountain of Youth: Not sure about this one. The temple layout was tough as well as the temple guard layout, but James kind of walked through the whole temple. And his partner was even worse than he was. It would probably get some praise though due to no one winning when the artifact was retrieved from the bottom floor to the center of the temple.

Thornwood Gavel: I sympathize with Mike because he made great progress, but I wouldn't really change this one to a win for the same reasons as "Enormous Feather". Kelli was such a horrible player and any contestant that acts like her deserves to lose.

Cobra Staff: I agree with this one too. The team still good in the temple despite Eusinia's useless detours and David's slow speed. If they switched their traits around, then this would've been a win.

Blackfeet Chief: They should've won, but that slow speed in the temple cost them. Especially on Leah's part, she was way too slow.

Great Seal: Agreed, for the same reasons a Kamehameha. Even if Nick jumped out of the temple, I think the producers would've edited so they would restart the run from a certain point so that the outcome would be fair.

Interesting choice on Golden Cricket Cage though.  :P I would've done anything to make that run better. Even if it meant placing the other temple guard into the Cave of Sighs to end this run in triple capture.  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: