Poll

Should this room have returned for another season? Day 12 - Dark Forest

Yes
4 (80%)
No
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: June 04, 2013, 12:17:22 PM

Author Topic: Should this room have returned for another season? Day 12 - Dark Forest  (Read 778 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I voted no for the return of the Pit of the Pendulum for another season. This was probably the best variation of the Pit on the show and also pretty memorable too. I liked it a lot because it felt like an actual objective that needed to be complete unlike the previous Pits where the player just had to use an actuator. However, after being used for the whole S3, I think it is time to make a new Pit for another season. Nothing wrong with the Pit of the Pendulum, but it is one of the "main rooms" of the temple where it is always entered and you get kind of tired of it after 40 episodes. Plus, the layout was kind of unfair to some teams who were forced into the bottom of the Pit and had to push the column down by their hand then climb the wall again. I would rather see a new Pit than see this one again. It was a good room, but it's time for it to go.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I voted no as well. It was time for the Pit of the Pendulum to go.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And it looks like the Pit of the Pendulum is not welcomed back to the temple next season. It shall join the ranks over the other rooms destined to not come back.

And our next room is the Room of the Secret Password. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I have mixed feelings about the Room of the Secret Password. On one hand, it was a very memorable room and the best room that was featured in that room space. On the other hand though, the room was hardly ever entered it seemed like, even in S3. I like the unique objective and how the contestants had to say something while they were in the temple. But the room objective was hardly ever completed, even when it was forced to be completed in S3. I'd rather they replace this room than bring it back. So I vote no for the Room of the Secret Password. I liked this room a lot, but it was time for it to move on.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
The Room of the Secret Password was definitely the best use of the top corner space. The objective (usually) needed to be completed in order to open up the next door, regardless of the direction the team was going, and the objective itself was creative without being terribly difficult. However, I think it would have been nice to retire the Secret Password since it was used at the end of Season 2 an throughout all of Season 3.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Guess I'm the only one to say yes. I liked that room, it was much better than the Viper's Nest or the Lightning Room where you could just mosey on over to the elevator instead of complete the objective.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I will move onto our next room now. The general consensus for the Room of the Secret Password is for it to not return for a new season.

And the next room is the Ledges.  ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Should this room have returned for another season? Day 9 - Ledges
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 01:09:25 PM »
Even though part of me wants to see the Ledges replaced in a new season, I still voted yes for the return of this room. It was a pretty memorable temple room and even if they replaced it, it would've probably been replaced by something much similar to it anyways. If that's the case, they might as well keep the Ledges and maybe alter the room slightly. Other than that, I have no real problem with the room. It was much better than the Cave of Sighs too, even though the room was hardly used in S3.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2013, 03:37:24 PM »
I also say yes, it was a much better room than the Cave of Sighs.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »
And the Ledges receives a unanimous vote to return for a new season!

Next one up is the Jester's Court.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
This was my hardest decision yet on whether a certain room should return or not. Ultimately, I voted no for the return of the Jester's Court. I love the Jester's Court and it was one of the best rooms to appear on the show. The design of the room was great from the wall paintings to the unique objective. Also, I liked how there was never any temple guards in this room. And it was better than any of the Swamp variation rooms also. However, I think they should retire the Jester's Court and not bring it back for a new season. To me, this room seemed to be a little glitchy sometimes. A great example is in "Empress Eugenie" where Jay seemingly completed the objective and was forced to complete it again. Or how some runs like "Queen Boadicea" and "Enormous Feather" had the lights not working properly. Plus, the room was never really fair to the short contestants either. And it always seemed like it was the middle painting that worked anyways.

So yeah, I like this room a lot, but I would rather see a new room in this space if another season were to happen. Plus, when rooms hang around the temple too much, you start growing tired of some of them. This room had some production problems anyways, so I'd rather see it go even though it was pretty memorable.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I liked the Jester's Court, and I thought it should come back another season.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Yes, the Jesters' Court should return and I'm surprised some people don't want it to come back. This is a room that deserved to stay an extra season at least. Sure, it had its problems with some paintings not working when all three buttons were pressed (like in Good-Luck Watch) and the room being a little too dark at times (like in Royal Torque), but those are problems that can be fixed easily if given another season. It was a great room with a great objective and I loved the overall atmosphere and design of this room. Plus, I liked that this was a safe spot from temple guards. That was a nice feature. It was a good indicator of player competence (Casey, I'm looking at you :roll: ).

This room just had to come back if there was a fourth season and if it did, I'd make sure the middle painting didn't always open a door. Do that and fix the glitches, then this room would have its best season.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Well, here's something different for once. :P The results for this poll are split between people that want to see the Jester's Court stay and people that want to see it go. I will just edit the results in as is for now and maybe think of a tiebreaker for later. ;)

And in the mean time, our next room is the Chamber of the Sacred Markers.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Chamber of the Sacred Markers was a unique room and a challenging one at that. Do I want to see this room come back though? I voted no on account that the room was too time consuming. The room did seem to consume a lot of time out of each player's run. I am not talking about players like Katie from "Lily-Crested Crown" who spent over a minute in the room. It seemed like it took most players 30-40 seconds to complete the room. It didn't help that the Markers blended into the wall of the room either. Compared to the other center of the temple rooms, the Chamber was the better of them. I like how they redesigned the whole room and got rid of the red wall paper. And the different temple guard encounters were nice also. But this room was too time consuming and it must've been tough for players to find some of those markers on the wall. I'd rather they use a different room in place of the Chamber.