Poll

Does Nick get too much criticism for his temple run performance?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Do they get too much undeserved criticism? Day 9: Nick (Madame Tussaud)  (Read 885 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I think she does, and I'm still keeping my vote. The 5-1 vote means it's not unanimous.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Voting for Paula is over with. With a 5-1 result in favor of yes, Paula, you get too much undeserved criticism. ;)

Next up is Jessica from Ponce De Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Voting is now open for Jessica.

I'll start off by saying yes, she does get too much undeserved criticism. This is a similar situation to Brian and Rinette. Just like those two, Jessica didn't have much time left when she entered the temple. Only 36 seconds remained, in a run where this team had to get to the Heart Room from below. This after James got taken out one room away with an unfair temple guard. All I see is nothing but bad things said about Jessica. Sure, she made the mistake of dawdling around with the Observatory. However, she had no prayer in the world of getting to the Water Bottle, or getting to where James was taken out. There just wasn't enough time to see what Jessica was made of. I honestly don't blame her for backtracking with basically 10 seconds left. She probably didn't see any point in continuing on and I don't hold that against her in this case. Plus, before she entered the Observatory, Jessica moved at a nice pace. I really believe that if she had plenty more time on the clock, then she could've made something happen.

Jessica, I truly believe you get too much criticism around here.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
No. Speed means nothing, she was just clueless. Imagine if she went into the temple first instead of James. :shock: No sympathy.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
No, I feel that Jessica deserves all the criticism she gets. While the temple layout was pretty tricky, and while she hardly had any time, she also made some weird choices with her little time in the temple. James cleared a path all the way to the Room of Harmonic Convergence for her. Now, I don't think they would've even reached the Water Bottle, but she didn't even have her act together. The furthest she made was the Treasure Room and from there for no reason, she runs back to the Observatory as if the Heart Room magically opened from that room. Plus, she moved slow anyways. I am not sure what she was trying to do neither did she either. :oops:

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
I think that Jessica receives too much criticism. Even though she only had a little bit more than 30 seconds left by the time James was removed, she moved at more than a casual pace through the temple. She was not the only contestant to ever recomplete an objective previously performed by their partner, so using up 2 seconds to spin the sundial again should not be held against her. As far as retracing back to the Observatory goes, I think she truly believed there was a chance that the Heart Room had opened from the Observatory, so she went back to check. When she tried to go down but saw it was locked, and you can see the slight disappointment on her face. She then started back for the Treasure Room, but unfortunately time expired. Overall, I don't think Jessica's performance in the temple was atrocious, and I don't see why she receives so much criticism. If anything, I would say that James' decision to bypass the Shrine-Ancient Kings and his hesitancy throughout the bottom floor of the temple was slightly more costly to their run.

Offline NekoSuave

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
I think she does get too much criticism, for the same reasons the others said above.
Favorite Episode(s): The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, the Milk Bucket of Freydis, the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
Favorite Team: Purple Parrots
Favorite Room(s): The Dark Forest, followed by the Lightning Room and the Shrine of the Silver Monkey

What if Legends was brought back in 2002? You get Legends of the Hidden Temple: Unearthed (updates every one to two weeks, on Wednesdays)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
It's been a while since I last touched this topic. This poll was over a long time ago. This might not be a popular outcome by some, but it has been decided that Jessica does get too much criticism. I'll admit, even I'm a little surprised by this result. :o

Give me a few minutes and I'll have everything up in time for the next poll. Up next will be Tony from The Stone Head of the Evil King.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:02:52 PM by PurpleParrot319 »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Poll is up and first post updated.

My vote goes for no. While Medusa's Lair with four snakes is brutal, it should not take that long to complete the objective. Whitney from Lost Love Letter may have been slow, but she handled that objective with ease. I just can't see why it took Tony that long to finish Medusa's Lair. At most, it should take 30 seconds, NOT half the run. Then came the King's Storeroom. I know Tony had no prayer in the world of getting to the Swamp after Medusa's Lair, but if you're going to express your anger at Nickelodeon Studios, do it AFTER the run. Don't do it in the temple and that's exactly what Tony did in the Storeroom. The way he smashed those pots should give most viewers a good idea of Tony's competence. :roll:

So I say the criticism Tony gets is well deserved.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I voted no for Tony on account that his overall performance was lackluster and unforgivable. I will admit that four snakes Medusa's Lair was absolutely brutal (they even had to dumb down on the objective), but you should never spend 1/3 of your run on a room objective. You could tell Tony was getting frustrated with that room and he wasn't taking his time at all. If he slowed down a little bit instead of just jabbing the snakes into her head, he might've completed it faster. Even Whitney from "Captain John Smith" never spent as much time as Tony. And then when he finishes with Medusa's Lair, he goes into the King's Storeroom and smashes the pots like a moron. The key could've gone flying with the way he punched them. It was a pathetic attempt, and the team only made it through 5 rooms in 3 minutes. And 1/3 of that time was in one room. He deserved it.

I am surprised Jessica got different results than Rinette too. Both girls were in the same boat, but at least Rinette didn't go backtrack to the Observatory.  :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Yeah, I don't know how they got different results either. They both sucked even with what little time they had left.

As for Tony, I also vote no. It should never take you more than 30 seconds completing an objective.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Here are a few more contestants that I think would be interesting for you to cover too somewhere down the road. I don't expect you to cover them right away or even at all, but they would probably have interesting results. ;)

Eusinia (Cobra Staff)
Janeen (Empress Eugenie)
Josh (Mummified Hand)
Joel (Enormous Iron Nose Ring)
Bobby (Shaka Zulu)
Ashlie (Dolley Madison)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Voting is finished (long finished, sorry :P) and the vote is unanimous. The criticism Tony gets is deserved.

Let me set everything up and then we'll be voting for: Bobby, The Mask of Shaka Zulu.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Do they get too much undeserved criticism? Day 7: Bobby (Shaka Zulu)
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »
Don't worry, I won't be covering every player. At most, I might do 20-30. Plus, I just realized that Tony's the first one to get a unanimous vote. You earned it man. ;) :P

As for Bobby, I must say that this is a tough one. More often than not, I see people criticizing Bobby because of the easy layout. Sure, he might not have had a lot of rooms to complete, but that wasn't his fault. Blame that on the production crew for letting this quick and easy win happen. Bobby couldn't control that. He may have hit the actuator many times, but can you blame him? If you were one room away from the object, you'd probably be doing the same thing too. I thought Bobby moved at a good pace and seemed to have a good idea of what to do. It was an easy win, yes. However, he still earned it without making any mistakes.

Therefore, my vote is yes. Bobby, I feel that you get too much criticism for your performance. That door opening was not your fault (IMO at least).

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Do they get too much undeserved criticism? Day 7: Bobby (Shaka Zulu)
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2013, 08:01:57 PM »
Bobby did nothing wrong during his run. He got in, got the artifact, and got out. While he may not have been as successful if the door leading directly to the Tomb of Ancient Kings stayed closed, I don't think it should be held against him since he got the job done.