Poll

Does Nick get too much criticism for his temple run performance?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Do they get too much undeserved criticism? Day 9: Nick (Madame Tussaud)  (Read 875 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Anyone else want to vote?

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
I think Rinette deserves the hate, she was way to slow  :roll: .

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
I say yes (same for Shaving Pan Brian). Simply didn't have enough time to make any additional progress.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Voting has closed for Rinette and Phantom's Temple has spoken. Rinette, the hate you get is deserved.

Next up is Aqila from The Golden Pepperoni of Catharine de Medici.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
For Aqila, I'm going to say no. I think the amount of hate she gets for her temple performance is just right. I mean, she had all that time to herself and she made one too many mistakes. She completed objectives slowly, had a couple of instances of being clueless, passed up the half pendant at first, and to top it all off, she PASSED UP the Pepperoni! Too many mistakes by one runner in one temple run.

It's hard to forgive her for those mistakes, especially for Purple Parrot fans like myself. :evil:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I actually said "Yes" this time for Aqila. Her performance was pretty shameful, but people make her out to be worst than what she really did. It's not like she was like the loser in my signature or Karisa who blew their whole load when they entered the temple. Aqila's problem was that she was slower than usual.  But a lot of contestants on the show were guilty of that though. She still seemed to complete the room objectives fine by me and even found the half-pendant. And considering the teams that passed the half-pendant in S2 (Emiliano Zapata, Captain John Smith, Nzinga, Nathan Hale, and Sultan Suleiman) it was actually a smart thing for her to go back for it. Although it was pretty inexcusable for her passing the Golden Pepperoni, it's not like the team would've won anyways. If it wasn't for that mistake, I am sure not many people would pick on her.

But still, the Pepperoni was a pretty big fail. But not on the same level as Claude, Jackie, or the Sultan Suleiman kids.  :shock:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I also say yes. She really wasn't that bad at all aside from her passing up of the pepperoni. I think people over exaggerate how terrible she was. I happened to like Aqila, whether she passed up the artifact or not. She doesn't deserve hate at all.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
I think Aqila was a better contestant than most people give her credit for. She went back for the half pendant, which is more than many Season 2 contestants can say. She may have been a little bit slow to complete the King's Storeroom objective, but once she shook off the temple guard encounter, she did well in the Shrine. The biggest error was passing up the Golden Pepperoni, but I think it's forgivable: many other contestants who had to grab an artifact out of the upper left room took a few seconds to locate the artifact and grab it (Helmet of Genghis Khan and Applewood Amulet come to mind), and since she only had 2 or 3 seconds in the room, she wasn't lucky enough to grab it in time. Overall, though, I think Aqila was a good player.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And by the time Aqila entered the temple, she only had 2 minutes to herself and only 3 rooms were entered. And enroute to the artifact she completed the Laser Light Room, Jester's Court, King's Storeroom, and Shrine. So she had a pretty tough path on the way there. Reaching the artifact was a pretty good feat. It's not like Kim or Karissa who had a path cleared deep into the temple and then they screwed up by doing stupid mistakes. Aqila was just a little slow.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Voting is now over for Aqila and the verdict's in. Aqila gets too much undeserved criticism.

Before I say who's next, just thought I'd say that hate is too harsh now that I think about it. Criticism is a better word I'm looking for. That's what I'll use to replace "hate" in the topic title.

Okay, just give me a few minutes and we'll move onto Paula from The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
First post edited as well as poll and title.

I'll start off by saying yes to Paula. I think she gets too much criticism. While the layout may have been simple, Paula didn't do anything wrong. It's not like she was on the production staff coming up with that layout. Even though the rooms she entered were very simple, Paula seemed to know what she was doing. I thought she moved at a good pace and won with plenty of time left on the clock. I feel that she earned that win despite it being easy.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
No, she deserves all the hate she gets. She is by far the most overrated contestant ever and this win was handed to her on a silver platter. She didn't earn jack. No, she lucked into it. If Mitchell gets maligned for his easy layout, so should Paula. I swear, I hate this run as much as I do Shaka Zulu and Silk Ladder. She didn't deserve to win, she deserves all the comments she gets. No sympathy from me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:41:23 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
This was a very tough decision, but I ultimately chose yes though for the amount of hate Paula gets. But believe me, I was VERY close in choosing no as an option. I think Paula does get ragged on a little too much with her simplistic layout. I mean, the teams really can't choose their layout. So Paula only won with the layout the producers given her. In the past though, people used to pray Paula a lot for her fast temple win. And then they would say that Missy and Olivia-Emma were lucky players who barely won. Nowadays though, most people seem to realize that Paula's win really wasn't that great. She was fast, but her path was way too easy though and it basically just actuators. But still, winning with over a minute left was still a good feat. At the end of the day though, Paula is still overrated, and I am only voting yes just because she gets a little too much hatred sometimes. Now if this was a certain Blue Barracuda male temple victor though, I think my choice would've been different.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
I think Paula was a good contestant throughout her whole episode. She didn't do anything bad or wrong during the run, and it isn't her "fault" that her path was simplistic. I should add that she even unnecessarily added on an extra room (Heart Room) to her path. Had Medusa's Lair been in place, that would have used up some time, but it can't be held against her that the room was not yet complete. Overall, Paula's quick completion of the temple was expected because the rooms were so simple, but since she finished with so much time left on the clock, I think the run was okay. So all in all, Paula's gets too much criticism.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Yes. Paula just gets harassed due to the outcome of the third game. Sure, the layout was easy. But Paula moved fast and scored the win.

Paula, you do not deserve the criticism. ;)

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts