Poll

Does Nick get too much criticism for his temple run performance?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Do they get too much undeserved criticism? Day 9: Nick (Madame Tussaud)  (Read 876 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I decided to join in on the fun with these polls with one of my own. It concerns temple run performances by certain players. Each day, I'll post a player who I feel is worthy of being in this conversation. That is, if I feel someone gets too much undeserved hate or criticism, then I'll include them in a poll. Likewise, if I feel a player doesn't get enough criticism for their performance, I'll include them too. I don't know how long this will last, but let's see how it goes. We'll use this topic for every player I want to discuss.

Previous Results:
Day 1: Brian (The Bent Shaving Pan of Jedediah Smith): 4-2 in favor of yes
Day 2: Rinette (The Codebook of Mata Hari): 3-2 in favor of no
Day 3: Aqila (The Golden Pepperoni of Catharine de Medici): 5-1 in favor of yes
Day 4: Paula (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy): 5-1 in favor of yes
Day 5: Jessica (Ponce De Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth): 3-2 in favor of yes
Day 6: Tony (The Stone Head of the Evil King): 6-0 in favor of no
Day 7: Bobby (The Mask of Shaka Zulu): 3-3 undecided
Day 8: Ashlie (The Bonnet of Dolley Madison): 6-0 in favor of yes
Day 9: Nick (The Melted Head of Madame Tussaud): 6-0 in favor of no

Day
Season:
Team:
Runner:
Time left when removed/on entry:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:59:08 PM by PurpleParrot319 »

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I'll start out by saying yes, Brian does get too much hate for his temple run performance. Give the kid a break. He only had 28 seconds left when he entered the temple. If anything, Irish should be getting more hate than him. I thought moved at a nice pace with the time he had left. The only hiccup he had was in the Pit of the Pendulum where he took a little too much time diving in. Hey, at least it wasn't Karissa bad. That girl took forever to get into the Pit! Plus, if you think about it, Brian got to the Jesters' Court exit in 28 seconds. Randy from Metal Beard got there in almost 23 seconds. Both are almost the same. It was a 5 second difference, sure. But in Brian's defense, he had no prayer in the world of getting to where Irish got taken out. The Randy example is a good example of this.

Brian, in my opinion, you get too much undeserved hate.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:09:58 PM by PurpleParrot319 »

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Sorry, but he deserves every bit of critique that he gets. Yes he only had 28 seconds, yes Irish was slow as well. But it should never take you 28 seconds just to get to the Dark Forest, as the second player. At least Randy knew what she was doing, she was fast. Brian obviously wasn't, he doesn't deserve any breaks. There was nothing special or nothing memorable about him anyways. I know there was little time left on the clock, but he did a terrible job following up on Irish's path. Both players sucked. And by the looks of this poll, looks like I'm the one with the unpopular opinion here.

Also, I don't quite like the idea of this thread. I hate to be a killjoy, but I can see this thread turning into a heated debate on who did bad and who did great. It might stir up some resentful feelings, plus we already have too many polls. I know we've had threads in the past for "which player in underrated" and "which player is overrated," but having to rank over 100 players on one little thing just doesn't bode well for discussion.

EDIT: Thread moved to the Chamber. Since this is indeed a voting/poll/ranking thread.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:37:15 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Oh, of course. Just like my Failed Escape topic, this one is going downhill fast. Why does this have to happen to me? Am I not allowed to have fun with these topics while everyone else can? I'm trying to be creative here. I am NOT trying to start an argument with this post or this topic. I knew I should've stayed quiet like I have been. -__-

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Honestly I don't think this is a bad idea for a thread. We all have different opinions and sometimes they might not be the same as others. But we usually pretty good about arguing without getting out of control. We will be fine. ;)

As for Brian, I have to agree with PPF. While 28 seconds is hardly enough time to work with, he made some weird decisions while inside of the temple following up on Irish's path. He moved very slow through the Crypt and in the Pit of the Pendulum he took his time trying to jump down to the problem. His run ended in the Jester's Court but he could've at least entered the Room of the Ancient Warriors before time was up. There were plenty of second runners who had little time to work with like Brian, and they all made it pretty far with their alloted time - Katie (Imperial Wizard), Elisa, Matthew (Belle Boyd), and even Elise from War Fan all did great following up on their partner's paths. It's not like he belongs in the same tier as Dana and Lauren who were both annoying and made even worse progress, but he hardly was a good player.

As for Irish, I still blame this whole loss on her. I use to feel sorry for her due to the one room away guard, but I honestly find her to be a mediocre player. Even Brittany from "Pytheas" was taken out in the Shrine with 1:45 on the clock and she moved just as slow as Irish. Except Irish was also very hesitant and clueless also.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:08:04 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Is it alright to nominate some players too? Some interesting contestants to cover would be:

Lissy (Queen Boadicea)
Aqila (Golden Pepperoni)
Jennifer (Madame Tussaud)
Mitchell (Moccasins)
Paula (Butch Cassidy)
Heather (Snow Cone)
Tony (Stone Head)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Sure, you can nominate players. ;)

In fact, I'll add to your list: Rinette (Codebook).

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
I like the idea of this topic. It is creative and thought-provoking, and I am excited to discuss things in this topic.

As for Brian, I do think he gets a bit too much criticism for his performance in the temple run. I don't think it is entirely fair to judge Brian's performance harshly because he only had enough time to run through previously-completed rooms. We never got a chance to see him actually "do" anything. Even though he could have been further along when time expired, it would have been near impossible to even reach the King's Storeroom unless Irish had moved more quickly in the first place. Therefore, while I think Brian could have done better, I believe the amount of criticism he receives is a bit excessive.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Thanks to those who support this idea. I'm glad this got more than 5 votes. I don't expect it to take 100 days obviously, but we'll see how it goes.

Voting for Brian has expired and Phantom's Temple has spoken. Brian gets too much undeserved hate, 4-2 in favor of yes.

Next up: Rinette from The Codebook of Mata Hari. Let me set up the new poll first.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I'm having the same problem as before with no one being able to vote now. :|

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I am not sure why you and GM1 aren't able to remove polls at all and make new ones. I am able to make new polls in any topic I create and can remove them at anytime. Like when the Season 2 poll is up for the "Rate the Temple" thread, I will just remove the S2 poll and put up a new poll for S3. It's pretty bizarre.  :o

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Looks like voting has opened. Time to get some votes in. ;)

I'll start off by saying yes, Rinette does get too much hate. I understand she was slow (Gabby speed), but that was here only problem. This is pretty much the exact same situation as Brian. Slow, but not THAT clueless. Plus, we didn't really get to see what Rinette was made of. She might've been a slow, but smart player for all we know. I give her sitting on the throne a pass since a lot of players did that even after the objective was completed (Jennifer from Lost Gold Mine anyone?). Plus, she only had about 40 seconds left to get where Garrett was taken out. With the Holes of Python to go through, Rinette had no chance of getting to the Treasure Room in time.

Rinette, I feel that you get too much hate around here.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:14:13 PM by PurpleParrot319 »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
You might want to change the topic title for Rinette since it still says Brian on it. ;)

When it comes to Rinette, I voted no for getting too much hate. I know that there was absolutely no real way to reach the Codebooks or even reach where Garrett was left off, but she did not use her time wisely at all. She moved so slow when she entered the temple and literally was taking her own time. She was almost as slow as Jackie was in the temple, or right up there with her at least. And watch the way she moves through the Holes of Python. If she had a whole minute to herself, I doubt she would've even made it to the Shrine with her slow pace. With a cleared out path like the one her partner made for her, at least make an attempt to speed up. This temple run would've been much worse if she went in first. I feel that she deserves the hate she gets.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I thought I swore I changed it last night. :|

It's changed now.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Another no from me too. There's no excuse to take 44 seconds to get from the Holes of the Python room, from where Kirk was standing. Kerry from the Cracked Crown of the Spanish King was faster than her. She was slow, clueless, not to mention completely forgettable. Look at what Katie from Imperial Wizard and Elisa from Discarded Seal did with what little time they had. No sympathy for her, her fault for not speeding up.

Edited the OP for it to say Day 2, and not Day 1.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:34:39 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »