Author Topic: GM1's Countdown of Episodes  (Read 5344 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: GM1's Countdown of Episodes
« Reply #240 on: August 09, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »
Pretty solid list, but I would've kept some of the episodes ending in losses in the top 20. Especially episodes like Ivan the Terrible and Henry Morgan. Those were much better and more exciting than some of the episodes not ranked like Buddha, Benzibab, and Roland. It will be interesting though for how the top 20 will play out.  :mrred:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2013, 03:04:22 PM »
It is time for the grand finale

20: The Belly Button of Buddha :mrblue:
I find this to be underrated. Buddha was a solid victory, and Jennifer may have been on the slow side, and got lost in the Treasure Room, she still was a great contestant. The episode was good too, but the other 19 are better.

19: The Ruby Earring of Benzibab :mrsilver:
BENZIBAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was also a good episode. Kevin & Annie completed the run with a minute to spare, making this the only team run to finish with over a minute. This episode is probably more famous for a certain user. ;) Kamehameha loved screaming BENZIBAB!!!!!!!

18: The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland :mrred:
Well, what are you waiting for... let's get Roland! :lol: Olmec & Kirk Fogg were messing with that pun. Kraig & Yakerra dominated the boulder throwing game, the same one that went scoreless on another episode. Yakerra did have a cakewalk layout and the 2nd fastest time as well. 

17. The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza :mrgreen:
And this would be the episode that featured the scoreless boulder game. Kirk almost gave the Tiebreaker to the wrong team! :lol: Easiest layout in Season 3. Lacey & Asher just had to use the Central Shaft.

16. The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen :mrpurple:
The only time the Purple Parrots won a tiebreaker. And it was against the Green Monkeys :oops: :cry: . TJ & Randy were a good team, but Randy (PPF's avvie) had a bad exit plan, she did enter all 12 rooms though.

15. The Star of Sultan Saladin :mrsilver:
The first solo win in the show's history. Lea was fast, however she did try for the direct path in the Pit. She still was fast and had lots of time when she won!

14. The Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta :mrgreen:
The YoutubePoop run. Andrea was a great contestant in Season 3, and produced one of the greatest solo wins ever. Also, watch out for those panthers on the side of the steps! :lol:

13. Galileo's Cannonball :mrsilver:
This was a great Season 1 episode. The legend was accurate until Olmec mentioned about the cannonballs landing on sandwiches proving his theory and inventing pizza. :roll: :roll: Even Kirk didn't believe that. Jammin Jon was amazing and got out with 1 second left! 

12: The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata :mrgreen:
I don't know why PP4L says this episode isn't as good as some other wins. But this was a good one. Olivia-Emma Houliana went through the Temple with a direct path working. By the way, she did chisel some part of the Silver Monkey when the head was put on. She grabbed the artifact with 37 second left, and ran out with not even a second left. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

11: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus :mrorange:
This is the only Orange Iguanas team win, and man did they deserve it. Especially Jason who is my 2nd favorite Orange Iguana. He took the leash, used it to grab the rope in the Pit to swing across, and made it across. Amazing win. :mrorange:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2013, 03:38:02 PM »
THE TOP 10!!!

10: The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid :mrpurple:
Purple Parrot Pwnage. This is another one that is underrated. HeatherKelly & Tony were first in the Moat, Steps, had 2 Pendants and won. The only problem was Tony in the Ledges and how you guys compare the run to :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

9: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen :mrsilver:
Zac Turney's episode. This was a great episode. Miriam does prevent this from going further because of what happened in the Jester's Court. But Zac made the impossible possible. He was probably the fastest contestant the show ever had. He only had 1:18 when he entered, and left with 0:10 left. That's how fast he was :mrsilver:

8: John Sutter & the Map to the Lost Gold Mine :mrblue: 
Memorable Fogg Ups happened here. The Sixteen are going to the Temple, The Ledge of Size, The Temple of the Tomb of the Ancient Kings, and the Center of the Room. Both Jennifer & Damien were fast. We all love Jennifer's slip on the tarp. :lol:

7: The Lucky Medallion of Atocha :mrorange:
Ty, like Ty Cobb, he could be doing this by himself. He did. Ty started by dropping his Pendant, but Jennifer threw it back and Ty used it on the guard in the Ledges. When he got the artifact, he blazed through the bottom floor. He is the best Orange Iguana.

6: The Milk Bucket of Freydis :mrpurple:
The puking episode. Tarrah puked in the Pit (off camera) and they had to redo taping. Then she pulled a Jennifer from Buddha, then got the Bucket, then got smacked by the rock wall in the Pit! :lol: She also got out with one second left. This was the best Purple Parrot episode :mrpurple:

5: The Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great :mrred:
Series finale. My favorite part is when Kirk is running from the camera and jumps in the Pit. :lol: :lol: :lol: Kris & Kristen were the best Red Jaguar team and Kristen was the best Red Jaguar. This was a great way to end an amazing series. :mrred: :mrred: 

4: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor :mrblue: 
We love this episode. The Blue Barracudas came from behind in the Third Game, and tied it with the Parrots, 1-1. After the Blue Barracudas got the Tiebreaker right, John touched Missy's Boob!! :lol: :lol: :afro: :afro: Missy had a great run too, even if she tried a direct path or if she was a tad bit on the slow side. She was the first to retrieve an artifact from the Center of the Room and bring it out. John & Missy were so emotional when the run ended. I say this team was the most likely to get married. :mrblue:

3: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain :mrgreen:
The top 3 are all Green Monkey episodes! :mrgreen: Brent (Purple Parrot on this episode) collects bags! :lol: :lol: :lol: Jessica & Jarrid were a great team and they proved it in the Temple. Jarrid did make a near crucial mistake by going to the Room of the Secret Password, but realized his mistake, and went to the Bog to grab the Hornpipe. Even Kirk said this was one of the best teams on the show. He's not lying :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2: The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak :mrgreen:
This episode featured the fastest Moat. It was only completed in ten seconds. :o The Legend was mostly accurate along with some phony lines like "Your Mother wears sealskin boots". Whoever designed the picture for Apanuugpak's mother should've been fired because the mother looked like a naked gorilla. :roll: The run is what makes this episode famous. Gator is my favorite contestant and he proves why. He tore through the Temple, & was really fast. He also scored a Center of the Room victory as well. This was my favorite run. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2013, 03:46:53 PM »
And now, the moment you all have been waiting for

THE NUMBER ONE EPISODE IS...

LAWRENCE OF ARABIA'S HEADDRESS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We had 120 and now we are #1. This is my favorite episode. David was a beast at the Moat, even Kirk didn't believe it. David & Candice were so good, they swept their games. Candice went in the Temple first, and took a little time to get to the Royal Gong Room. She did go for a direct path, and got taken out in the Room of Fallen Columns. David was amazing, and had the best Silver Monkey assemble ever. He also notice the Shrine/Tomb shortcut, which was very important. He got the Headdress with 27 seconds left, then hauled ass out and even climbs the holes of the Pit instead of the ladder. He makes it through with one second left. Nickelodeon aired this episode first, and they picked the best one to air. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And with that said, the countdown is complete. Thanks to all of you who followed this for the past 3 1/2 months. :mrred: :mrblue: :mrgreen: :mrorange: :mrpurple: :mrsilver:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »
Hard to believe you're done with the list now. :o Seems like only yesterday you started off this thread by griping about Cricket Cage and Alhambra. And I totally agree with Lawrence of Arabia being #1. It's easily the best episode of Season 1, next to John Sutter. I would've gone with Lucky Pillow as my personal #1, but Lawrence of Arabia is a great choice too. :mrgreen:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2013, 04:00:02 PM »
Also, today is the 1st anniversary of having this list done, so I had this list ready a whole month before I joined the forum.  :D

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2013, 04:01:29 PM »
Pretty solid top 20 list, GM1.  I figured that "Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress" was going to be the #1 episode. I love that episode a lot also, and it is my second favorite episode after "Annie Taylor". There is just a few notes I want to point out.

1. The Sforza win was definitely not the easiest layout in S3. ;) The central shaft was actually a pretty tough set of rooms to complete. So Lacey and Asher layout wasn't that hard. Roland is much more easy than the Sforza win, as well as Benzibab. If Kevin and Annie had the Sforza layout, they probably wouldn't have finished with 1:00+ on the clock.

2. Emiliano Zapata is a great episode overall, but I can understand why PP4L feels that the win is not that great. I mean Robert and Olivia-Emma only had to travel through 5 rooms before reaching the Applewood Amulet. But they did a good job, and I love this run and episode to death. Definitely a nail biter of an ending.

3. I believe the legend for "Galileo's Cannonball" said that Galileo dropped cannonballs onto a pizza (not a sandwich), which started the invention for pepperoni pizza. You can definitely tell the producers forced this part of the legend into the story. Even Kirk thought it was lame. :roll:

4. We don't really know if Tarrah from Freydis was the one that puked. ;) There is a lot of speculation that she was the one that did it, but it definitely is not 100% confirmed. But we still have a lot of evidence that it could've been her.

5. I wonder if Missy looks back at her episode and realizes how big of a pervert John was. :lol: I wound love to interview her and ask her this question. :P

Good list overall. Are you going to post the final list with all the episodes and how you rank them? I agree with your rankings for the most part and you did a good job. ;) I might do a similar thing somewhere down the road. But instead, using the Legends Episode Ranking thread that we have been working on. ;)  :mrred:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »
That episode ranking is probably more accurate than this list.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2013, 04:06:57 PM »
And I just watched the Freydis run, it looked like there was some editing in the Pit, so that's why I think Tarrah was the one that puked.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2013, 04:11:49 PM »

This list is your personal opinion at the end of the day, so don't feel like you did a bad job. No matter who creates the list, the rankings will never be perfect. ;) I think you do a really good job and you nailed most of the episode's spots too. ;)

Offline GreenMonkey546

• Silver Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2013, 11:08:42 PM »
Please GM1...
You did a great job. It's your opinion, we all have ours and have to respect yours. And also you made a few remarks on each one, which makes it more interesting to read

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2013, 09:20:09 PM »
1-30: These episodes are the best of the best of Legends and you are missing out by not watching them. You can watch them over and over again and not get sick of the episodes. They defined Legends.

31-60: They're above average episodes. While not quite good enough for the best of the best category, they still got some redeeming stuff in. Some are the better of the forgettable area. These episodes are worthy of some watches.

61-90: These are the sub-par episodes. Most of these episodes are boring, forgettable, and don't have much redeeming value. You can watch these, but not as often as the other two.

91-120: Alert: Stay away from these episodes. These are the worst of the worst of Legends and you should only watch for completion, pictures, or review. They have little to no redeeming value at all and there are a whole bunch of lost causes in this part. One watch is probably good enough for this category.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:43 PM »
The only exception for the 91-120 ranking is the Cobra Staff episode that was ranked at #93. ;) That was actually a very fun and exciting to watch, and there was very little bad about it. That was a solid episode that would receive a 8/10 from me.  :mrpurple:  Otherwise, I agree with your feelings about each ranking. ;)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2013, 09:34:51 PM »
The only exception for the 91-120 ranking is the Cobra Staff episode that was ranked at #93. ;) That was actually a very fun and exciting to watch, and there was very little bad about it. That was a solid episode that would receive a 8/10 from me. :mrpurple: Otherwise, I agree with your feelings about each ranking. ;)

I'm sorry, but IMO I'm not a fan of the Cobra Staff episode.

Here's the top 30
1. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
2. The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
3. The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
4. The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
5. The Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. The Milk Bucket of Freydis
7. The Lucky Medallion of Atocha
8. John Sutter & the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
9. The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
10. The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
11. The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
12. The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
13. Galileo's Cannonball
14. The Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
15. The Star of Sultan Saladin
16. The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen
17. The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
18. The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland
19. The Ruby Earring of BENZIBAB!!!!!
20. The Belly Button of Buddha
21. The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
22. The Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
23. The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan
24. The Trojan Horseshoe
25. The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl
26. The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea
27. The Good Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie
28. The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba
29. The Dragon Lady & the Blue Pearl
30. The Collar of Davy Crockett

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2013, 10:10:09 PM »
Cobra Staff was a great episode, it should've been Top 50 at least. I often think it gets a bad rap just because of Eusinia and just because it's the Purple Parrots and they're the "loser team." I'm not addressing anyone in particular, but I just feel like Cobra Staff gets way too much flak. Even TRJ ranked it pretty high in the episode ranking thread. It's definitely an episode I wouldn't skip over.