Author Topic: GM1's Countdown of Episodes  (Read 5429 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: GM1's Countdown of Episodes
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 05:13:21 PM »
#111: The Lost Lion Tail of Little John

This was one disaster disaster that was preventable. The Moat lasted a while. Didn't the Green Monkey boy have trouble getting a gong? The Third Temple Game was the start of a bad domino effect when the Silver Snakes dropping the Petit Jean sign. This sends a lost cause by the name of Claude to the Temple  :oops:. Claude was so slow and he just looked so unhappy. He even put the Dark Forest key in the Mineshaft peephole  :roll:. This was a terrible episode, and all the Purple Parrot fans hate this episode.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:33:14 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »
You might want to change the summary portion of your review to the white text like you did for your other summaries. That purple text is kind of hard to read with the forum's background. ;)

Lost Lion Tail was the worst Purple Parrot episode in the whole series for sure. The legend didn't really make a whole lot sense at all. How did they not know that Little John was not a woman? And wild lions in the United States? The temple games were infamous for the Silver Snakes dropping their signs on the giant step temple game. This gave Marie and Claude a clear shot and free pass to the temple. If this didn't happen, then we wouldn't have been subject to Claude's stupidity.  :roll: The temple run did suck though, and I blame this one on Claude. Marie actually did fine, her only problem was that she kept missing rocks in the Rock Quarry. Claude, however, was a lost cause. He moved so slow and didn't even know what he was doing. He got lost in the Mine Shaft and even put his finger into the temple guard's peephole. He looked like he didn't even want to be on the show as you mentioned. He was easily the worst Purple Parrot contestant on the show and probably the worst male contestant ever after John.

If I recall correctly though, an old user named The Purple Parrot actually liked this episode. ;) Not sure if he shared the same feelings for the other Parrot ones, but I do remember saying that he liked this one.  :o

Overall, good job like usual and I agree with everything posted.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:27:15 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 06:38:25 PM »
Yeah, TPP actually liked this episode. I guess he didn't think the rest of the episode was bad? Oh well, to each their own. As a Purple Parrot fan, I personally hated it. It's very hard to find anything even remotely redeemable about it. This is often skipped over whenever I go back to watch reruns on YouTube. The Purple Parrots only made it to the temple because the silver Snakes dropped their sign, only to have Claude go in there and screw it all up. Marie was okay though, and she pretty much carried the team throughout the episode. But Claude was just a lost cause. And I agree that he looked like he didn't even want to be on the show. Seriously, did he even say one word that whole episode? Oh, and I fixed the text in GM1's post. Just so it's more easier to read. ;)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 10:12:39 AM »
#110: The Enormous Feather of the Me Linh

This was terrible from the start. The Orange Iguanas just barely made it through every round. 4th in the Moat, 2nd at the Steps, 1 Pendant in the Temple Games, and they still got to go to the Temple. The Legend wasn't that good either. The Run was horrible, Karisa was trying her best to make sure this was a loss. :roll:  She still got the Feather and yet if she moved faster, it would've been a win. Note: This was the only team artifact grabbing in the Upper Room space ever, the 4 others were all solo and all wins (Sultan Saladin, Buddha, Ahmed Baba, Freydis)

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »
I definitely agree with this position when it comes to Enormous Feather. Karisa makes me hate this episode so much because of her piss poor performance. The rest of the episode is not that great either. The Orange Iguanas barely advanced by each round of the temple and their only real dominance was both of them winning their individual games. Other than that, everything else sucked about this episode. And oh boy did that temple run suck. Karisa is the reason why the slow player should never go in second. David was a great player, but Karisa was a lost cause. I don't mind if a temple run ends in a loss as long as the player's put up a good performance. Episodes like Ivan the Terrible, Queen Boadicea, Blue Pearl, and Polynesian Girl are exciting to me because of the players' performances even though they lost. But Karisa put up a half-assed performance and tried to blow this run anyway she can. She didn't even bother picking up the pace after grabbing the Enormous Feather. I hate this episode so much. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 03:40:37 PM »
Yeah, I just rewatched it recently, and it was bad. Karisa didn't even RUN when she entered the King's Storeroom, and didn't even run when she tried to escape with the feather. Even if she went in first, lord knows how much time she would've wasted. :roll:

I was rooting for the Parrots in the temple games. :(

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
Just for reference, here is GM1's rankings to date. ;)

#120 - The Keys to the Alhambra
#119 - The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan
#118 - The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack
#117 - The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro
#116 - John Henry's Lost Hammer
#115 - The Dried Apple Half of William Tell
#114 - The Cracked Crown of the Spanish King
#113 - The Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny
#112 - Blackbeard's Treasure Map
#111 - The Lost Lion Tail of Little John
#110 - The Enormous Feather of the Me Linh

The Barracudas have been lucky so far to not have any episodes ranked yet.  :o
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:41:55 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »
You have Cracked Crown and Apple Half switched around  ;)

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »
Kind of pleasantly surprised that not even "The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart" was in the bottom 10.  I'm sure it's coming up soon, but still.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2013, 05:44:26 PM »
I fixed the Cracked Crown/William Tell mistake. Thanks for pointing that out. ;)

And yeah, I am surprised Amelia Earhart hasn't been mentioned yet either. It would've definitely been in my bottom 10 all time Legends episodes. Every round of that episode was bad. Lame artifact, Kristen's consistently crappy performance, horrible temple run, and it was boring in general. The only interesting thing about this one is the rare bamboo pole temple game.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2013, 06:27:55 PM »
Case in point for how bad Lucky Pig is, check out my rankings of Kristen in the "Player Ranking" thread. She couldn't even made a 5 average. -_-

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 08:31:57 AM »
#109: Elizabeth I's Golden Ship

This was an unusual episode. The Moat & Steps were just typical. The Temple Games were weird though. During the second game, there were supposed to be four wigs but there were only 3. So the Red Jaguars and Purple Parrots just kept digging until time ran out  :lol: . The third game was unusual. Everyone just kept flipping tiles upside down. Only one panel was flipped in it's upright position, it belonged to the Red Jaguars. The run was the shortest ever... but not in a good way. The team ran into only four rooms and saw all three guards and they didn't have the half pendant. They were caught 1:30 into the run. Because of it's unusual Temple Games and short run, it ranks here. The players would've had more time if they were faster.  :roll:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 12:03:12 PM »
I didn't really expect to see "Golden Ship" ranked this low, but I am not surprised nevertheless. Every round of this episode was boring and plain average. The temple games were memorable for the goof-up by the producers where they only gave Gabby and the Purple Parrot girl 3 wigs instead of 4. How do you do that in the final production of an episode? That is Season One for you. The last temple game was pretty annoying too. The whole flag position order was a bunch of crap and I don't see why it was a big deal on how they were placed. Plus, Kirk always shouting "on your knees" was too much also. The temple run featured the team only going though four rooms. Unlike Golden Cricket Cage though, Joe and Gabby had an excuse - their run ended in triple capture. But they were so slow anyways and I doubt they would've made it to the artifact if they used up all their time.

Overall, I might've placed Golden Ship a little higher. But this is still a good range for it to be in.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2013, 03:52:10 PM »
I'm surprised at how low Golden Ship ranks as well. I don't really consider it a terrible episode, but it is forgettable and weak nonetheless.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »
#108: The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale

This Episode just doesn't make sense. The Temple Games were partially controversial due to the Attack Philadelphia game being that it should've counted for the Silver Snakes. Man was that Green Monkey boy really tall compared to everyone else. The Temple just never made sense to me. First it was in Layout 2-1, now Layout 2-5. I believe it was due to an error in the King's Storeroom. Christina really should've found the half-pendant. She just went run on by. James even pointed it to her  :roll: . Not a good episode

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts