Author Topic: GM1's Countdown of Episodes  (Read 5407 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: GM1's Countdown of Episodes
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »
#115: The Dried Apple Half of William Tell

This episode was a disgrace to the Green Monkeys. The Legend was just alright. The Temple Games were interesting. But the run was just awful. Brett & Lauren had an impossible layout and they had no match to go far in it. They were too slow in the Temple. Plus Lauren couldn't climb out of the Pit to save her life. She was also loud and annoying. You sometimes wonder how did this team made it to the Temple.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 09:34:12 PM »
I am kind of surprised to see William Tell rank this low. :o While the temple run did suck, the rest of the episode was just below average to average. I am surprised to see it outrank Lost Lion Tail, Cracked Crown, Amelia Earhart, and maybe even Xerxes. Either way, it is a crappy episode and Lauren was so annoying. I would probably have ranked it higher though, but we all have different opinions. If I would rate this episode though, I would give it a 3.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »
William Tell was a pretty terrible episode. I remember when you did rankings on it, NONE of the contestants got above a 5 average. That's.... not good for a Season 3 episode. I'd say William Tell deserves to be as low as it is.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 09:46:22 PM »
Now that you mention it, I do remember Lauren and Brett ranking much lower than any of the other teams that day. Even lower than Kate and Larry. The rest of the episode was just uneventful and the artifact was pretty lame too. It probably wouldn't have ranked much higher than GM1's ranking on my list. While S3 had a lot of great episodes, it also had some really crappy episodes - Bifocal Monocle, Snow Cone, William Tell, Enormous Feather, Clovis the First, Xerxes, and Smashed Printing Plate. I can't stand any of those episodes.  :roll:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 05:06:22 PM »
#114: The Cracked Crown of the Spanish King

Man do I hate this episode.  :oops:  This is the most boring episode in Legends history. Heaven forbid, the Moat was 45 min long.  :roll: The Steps were average. The Temple Games were pathetic, one even lasted only 7 seconds due to the Green Monkey Girl's weakness  :roll: . Because of this, we sent Kerry to the Temple  :roll: . Josh was amazing, but Kerry was soooooooo slow  :roll: and clueless :roll:  :oops: . The only good thing I can say is the Half-Pendant was found. But that's not enough to overcome slow Kerry  :roll: . And not only that, when she completes the Shrine, she goes to the VIPER'S NEST instead of the King's Storeroom  :oops:  :roll: . Pathetic use of an episode.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 07:10:08 PM »
Yes, I hate the Cracked Crown episode so much!  :roll: Everything about that episode annoys me so much. Long and boring moat, boring legend, pathetic temple game performance by the Green Monkey girl named after a season, and a boring + sucky temple run. Kerry is the reason why the slow runner should go into the temple first. It was amazing how slow and stupid she was in the temple. I never understood why some contestants moved as slow as her when they only had three minutes on the clock. My most hated episode of Season 2.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 08:07:24 PM »
Yeah, Cracked Crown sucked. MOVE FASTER KERRY. Plus, Nick Gas used to play this like, every other day. :roll:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 05:08:54 PM »
#113: The Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny

This episode just wasn't good enough. The thing is I can't believe that Jonathan & Amber were bad in the Temple. They were a strong pre-temple team with a Temple Game sweep on their belt. They did so bad in the Temple, Jonathan was slow and Amber detoured in the Observatory for no reason. The Temple Guard at the end was weird too. Plus, Olmec fogs up here by saying the Silvel  Silver Cannonball.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 06:51:47 PM »
Grandy Nanny sucks and I can't stand this episode at all either. It was just an awkward episode from the beginning to the end. All of the rounds were boring and lackluster too. I don't know why, but the Orange Iguanas annoy the hell out of me in this episode. Maybe it was because they were jumping around every second when they were near the camera.  -_- Someone should've put a leash on those two. The temple run was a crappy performance after they swept the temple games. How did they even do that in the first place? One thing I am surprised wasn't mentioned was the crappy camerawork. The camera was way off in the temple games and temple run. Because of this, many people use to think that this was the first episode of Season 2. But it was the very opposite of that. But yeah, I forget this episode even exists. Boring crap is all it is.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2013, 09:14:29 PM »
Plus, Grandy Nanny was one of those 20 episodes played in that episode cycle, like Cracked Crown was. And yeah, the camera work was just terrible in that episode. And Kirk was fogging up more than ever too. "And the first one is.... Olmec, tell us about it!" That's probably why everyone thought THAT was the first Season 2 episode pre production order reveal. I also agree about Jonathan too. One of the most hyperactive ADD kids I've ever seen on the show. When he wins his temple game, he almost runs out of the arena! When the Orange Iguanas sweep the temple games, he takes off his helmet and throws it in the air. Yet another attention starved kid that just wanted his 15 minutes of fame. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 11:19:07 PM »
Amber was also pretty over-the-top with jumping around too. I guess the producers must've gave the kids too much sugar or something. And I forgot how Jonathan threw his helmet also. That would've been no joke if that hit the other contestants or production crew. Oh well, he pretty much blew his load in the temple run. He was pretty much like the Green Monkey boy in Shaka Zulu and the Green Monkey boy in Mulan. I can tolerate Kate at least because at least she seemed playful and actually getting into the competition. The Green Monkey boy from Mulan was still the worst offender.  :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 11:25:39 PM »
I'm surprised we haven't seen Blackbeard's Treasure Map yet. :|

Otherwise, this has been a great list so far. I like that you DIDN'T put Cricket Cage at spot #120. That would've been too obvious, so I like that you put Alhambra as the worst. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »
Don't be, because....

#112: Blackbeard's Treasure Map

This episode was the first ever on the list, and it was a disaster. The Moat was extremely long, the Steps were boring too. The Temple Games were interesting as well as a rare 2-1.5 score. But, did Sabrina lay an egg or did she lay an egg  :roll: . She wasted the entire 3:00 in the Temple searching through 5 rooms. It took her 2:00 to get past the Gargoyle room  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: . She even got lost in the Heart Room  :oops:  :roll:  :roll:. And after that, she turned around.  :roll:  Not a good way to start an amazing series  :roll:  :oops:  :roll:  :oops:  :roll:  :oops:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 09:19:24 PM »
Blackbeard's Treasure Map... the first ever episode on Legends. It wasn't actually the first episode produced (that belongs to "Belshazzar"), but it was intended to be the first episode. The whole episode is crappy though from the piss poor edits and temple run. Seriously, no other episode can't be as crappy when it comes to editing like this one - butt picking shot in the moat, no figure during the legend, the camera panning out of the temple during the temple run, and no ending credits. The rest of the episode is pretty mediocre, but the Red Jaguars somehow won two pendants. And don't get me started on the temple run.  :roll: Sabrina only made it through five rooms in her whole three minutes. She got lost in the Heart Room too and at the end just gave up. Sure, the Wheel Room deadend was kind of cruel (although I don't think it was a deadend), but she was so slow and dumb that this team never had a chance. Just a crappy episode in general and one of the worst Red Jaguar episodes on the show. I agree with this ranking.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 09:22:51 PM »
Yeah, Blackbeard was not the first episode ever recorded at all. Just because it says "Episode 1," doesn't mean it's actually first. But yeah, it's a terrible episode, from the poor editing to the pathetic temple run. Plus, Sabrina looks like a man. :roll: