Author Topic: GM1's Countdown of Episodes  (Read 5353 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
GM1's Countdown of Episodes
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:42:40 AM »
I have kept this idea on the back burner but here it is.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: GM1's Countdown of Episodes
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
And I will start now....

#120: The Keys to the Alhambra :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: :mrred:  

Yep, this is the Worst Episode in the history of Legends. :roll:  The Red Jaguars just barely scraped by, especially in the Temple Games. To top it off, Lisa was just terrible in the Temple. The Legend was just alright. The Temple Games were close and the Tiebreaker was one of the biggest fails on Legends. Now, that officially rolled out the red carpet on one of the worst players on Legends. :oops:  The first 30 seconds of the run was the only good part of the run, Lisa was an absolute waste.  :oops: She slowly makes her way to the Tomb of Ancient Kings. Then after about 45 seconds in there, she heads backwards, all the way to the Pit.  :roll: Enough said, this was just the worst episode in Legends history. :oops:  :roll:

Post your reactions below  ;)

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 11:38:08 AM »
Neat idea, I will check in every time you have an update and post my feedback. ;)

As for Alhambra, yeah it is one of the worst episodes on the whole show. I personally don't think it is the worse, but a lot of other people do. The Red Jaguars did get some lucky breaks throughout the episode. They only won their team game and got to the temple due to the Silver Snakes answering incorrectly in the tiebreaker. The temple run was among the worst on the show, and that was thanks to Lisa. She literally made no progress in her 2:30+ minutes in the temple. The only reason I don't rank it as the worst episode because of nostalgic reasons since I remember this one from my childhood. But a lot of people consider this the worst, so no problems really with this ranking by me.  ;)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 12:30:54 PM »
Let's keep going

#119: The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :mrsilver:

If Alhambra is the worst episode, this is the worst run ever. Two words, John & Tia  :oops:  :oops: . They had absolutely no clue on what was going on. And they only went through four rooms in the process, and Tia got lost in the Heart room of all places  :roll: The Legend wasn't even that interesting too. Whoever put John & Tia on the show was probably fired at the end of the season.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
Looking good so far. I agree with every one of your rankings. :)
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »
Golden Cricket Cage... now this might be the worst episode ever. Nothing good to say about this episode. It was just painful and annoying to watch. The Silver Snakes sucked and it makes you wonder how they made it to the temple. Every round was mediocre and John's obnoxiousness through the episode was annoying too. The temple run was the biggest fail on the show just for the fact that both players made it through four rooms in three minutes. This episode should just be locked in a cold dark place in the corner of the earth where no one would find it.  :roll:

Good place for this episode. I probably would've placed it in the same spot too.  :mrsilver:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 02:02:23 PM »
Golden Cricket Cage... now this might be the worst episode ever. Nothing good to say about this episode. It was just painful and annoying to watch. The Silver Snakes sucked and it makes you wonder how they made it to the temple. Every round was mediocre and John's obnoxiousness through the episode was annoying too. The temple run was the biggest fail on the show just for the fact that both players made it through four rooms in three minutes. This episode should just be locked in a cold dark place in the corner of the earth where no one would find it.  :roll:

Good place for this episode. I probably would've placed it in the same spot too.  :mrsilver:
John sure sometimes act like that Green Monkey boy in Mulan  :roll:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 03:24:56 PM »
Alhambra was clearly the worst episode. Cricket Cage was the worst temple run, but the episode itself sucked too.

Not to mention, I remember when John was on Get the Picture, and he was dumb on that show too. Also, I remember him saying (on Get the Picture), that he wanted to be a game show host. Like he'd do any better than Kirk Fogg, or Mike O'Malley for that matter. :roll:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 05:02:24 PM »
Moving on

#118: The Bifocal Monocle of One Eyed Jack  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :mrorange:

If the other two episodes I said weren't that big of fails, this would've been #120. It was such an awful episode. The Legend was weird, the artifact was ugly. That Red Jaguar boy was so weak in his game  :roll: . And then there is Veronica. She wastes half the run in the Pit of the Pendulum. She really couldn't climb. Thomas wasn't that great either. Such a terrible episode and run  :roll: .

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 10:06:10 PM »
And I'll stop here for today

#117: The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :mrsilver:

This episode had disaster written all over it. Right away, you knew it was fake. The Legend was probably pulled out of the producers ass  :roll: (See Phony Stuff thread). The Temple Games were just boring. And the run was terrible. Casey had to be one of the slowest people in Season 3. The ending was also weird with the Golden Door opening and the Shrine Door still locked. Seriously, this episode is terrible. Hell, it even got a solid 1 in the Rate the Episode thread  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 12:38:48 AM »
When it comes to Bifocal Monocle and Snow Cone, both episodes are pure trash and I don't even know which one is worse. Bifocal Monocle was consistently more crappy though than Kilimanjaro. I mean every round of that episode was bad - stupid legend, lame and kiddish looking artifact, temple game fail by the Red Jaguar boy, and Veronica and Thomas were one of the worst teams to plague the temple. Their performance was so bad that some of the mistakes they made was unique just to them.  :roll:

Snow Cone was utter garbage too. Compared to Bifocal Monocle though, at least the temple games were slightly better. But that doesn't say much since both teams sucked too. And Casey and Heather were slightly better in the temple than those two lost causes above. Of course, these two sucked also and traveling through 5 rooms in 3 minutes is a bunch of crap for S3. I would've probably put both episodes in the exact same spot.

Good rankings as usual. All the episodes you listed so far would be ones that I would rate as a 1. And the Red Jaguars lost to both the Snow Cone and Bifocal Monocle team.  :x  :roll:  :oops:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 12:45:23 AM »
Good rankings as usual. All the episodes you listed so far would be ones that I would rate as a 1. And the Red Jaguars lost to both the Snow Cone and Bifocal Monocle team.  :x  :roll:  :oops:
Like the Bifocal Monocle Red Jaguars would've done a better job. Does Thomas' temple game mean anything to you?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 12:47:23 AM »
No, I was just more ashamed that the Red Jaguars lost to both Snow Cone and Bifocal Monocle kids. But those Red Jaguar teams sucked anyways, so I am not sure if they would've done better in their respective runs...  :oops:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:00:21 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 08:50:13 AM »
#116: John Henry's Lost Hammer  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :mrsilver:

So, the Silver Snakes have 3 of the bottom 5 slots. That must really suck. The Moat crossing was unusual in that the Green Monkeys were DQed for not crossing right. What did they do that wasn't right, I was thinking the girl just hanged on and didn't paddle or the boy fell half way and walked to the other side. Anyway, Damian & Jennifer make an appearance here (you'll find them in a later episode  ;) ). The Legend was mostly accurate. The Temple Games were interesting. But the Run was a completely different story. Kim, Y U NO PRESS A BUTTON?  :oops: How do you not know what an actuator is?  :roll: Kim wastes a majority of the run in the Pit & Heart Room of all places trying to press a button  :oops: . It was so bad, they sent in a Mercy Guard in the Heart Room  :roll: . Billy was fast, he has troubles in the Spider's Lair trying to get a direct path. But Kim was just a waste.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »
Lost Hammer is an episode that has been getting A LOT of discussion around here. It featured one of the biggest fails on the show named Kim. The fact that she was the only one who did not know how to press an actuator tells you how awful of a contestant she was. Billy never had a chance to win even if he did climb the Spider's Lair webbing for no reason. One of the worst temple runs ever thanks to Kim. The rest of the episode was just average, but Kim and Billy were pretty good before the temple. You wonder how they did so bad in the temple. I would've ranked this episode slightly higher because there are a couple of episodes I can's stand more than this one. But, this is still a good spot for Lost Hammer.