Author Topic: GM1's Countdown of Episodes  (Read 5389 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: GM1's Countdown of Episodes
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2013, 06:16:27 PM »
#102: The Lost Whale Bone of Pytheas

Another boring episode. The Legend just didn't make sense to me.  :| The Temple Games were the highlight of this episode with a rare 2-1.5 score.  But the Orange Iguanas were too slow for the Temple. As Kirk would say "You can't slow down too much in the Temple, cause it will get you, and you won't get to the artifact".  It was surprising however that they still got one room away from a Center of the Room artifact. By the way, I was watching this episode today and I found someone who says he was Damien in this episode. The picture of him seems reasonable but I'm not buying.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2013, 06:58:14 PM »
It kind of looks like him to me. Here's his YouTube in case anyone else wants to see for themselves. I don't know, I think it is him. I know this is YouTube, but I don't see how he could make something like that up. And if that really is him, someone get an interview from him ASAP. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2013, 01:45:38 AM »
I was a little skeptical at first whether that was the same Damien or not. After a closer look at his Youtube comments and profile, I agree that both are one and the same. The Damien on Youtube had his account for a couple of years and it was named Damien. So it's not like it was a joke account made last week to impersonate him. And no one would make the same name as a contestant to mimic them anyways, unless they are just sad. Plus, he has the same skin tone as Damien in Pytheas and still has the gut also.  :o  :o

As for Pytheas, I don't mind the whole episode too much. I have seen it plenty of times thanks to Nick GaS, so I do have a little resentment towards it. I do remember the lame legend though like most of the S3 seemed to be. The rest of the episode was fine though, albeit a little boring. The temple run was plain average and I never hated it to the extent of other people did. Brittany and Damien were just slow, but they still knew what they were doing. Hence how they finished one room away. Although Damien's slowness was way too much and if he moved faster, it would've been a "Battle Flag' type ending. But still, I would take this over Robert the Bruce and Xerxes (surprised this one hasn't made it your list yet.)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2013, 07:14:04 PM »
#101: The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley

This episode would've been better on Comedy Central than Nick. Kate was just way too excited so she was just acting crazy throughout the whole episode. And then to top it off, we all know about Larry. He dances around in the Room of the Ancient Warriors and then... it happened. Monster Monkey was created. The bottom was backwards, the belly was upside down, and the head was sideways. The whole assembly was laughable  :lol: . Even Kate was going crazy.

And for tomorrow, I'm going to wake you up with a surprise ;)

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »
You need to wake up so...

#100: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein

Overrated. This was just an average episode to begin with. There are a few reasons it is low. One is due to the Legend being more about Henry VIII rather than Hans Holbein. We already had a Henry VIII episode  :roll: . The run was rigged and it was in my opinion the second hardest layout ever (Discarded Seal, ironically on the same day, has the hardest). Plus Rachel's voice was annoying too.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:59:42 AM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
#99: The Marble Armrest of Xerxes

This is being spoken from a Green Monkey fan. The Green Monkeys should've never gone to the Temple in this episode. They lucked out due to one of the easiest tiebreaker questions ever. What was Xerxes armrest made of?  :roll: Once we found out that Levi (Purple Parrot) was Zac's brother, we felt that he should've gone to the Temple. He probably wouldn't be as fast as Zac, but he would've done better than what Pat & Noelle did. Noelle doesn't know how to use a rope  :roll: and Pat couldn't climb up the Pharoah's Secret Passage to save his life :roll: . My guess was the slide was greased due to Zac torturing it the day before.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 06:15:58 PM »
Yeah, the slide was definitely greased up to make it harder, especially considering Zac's climbing of the slide from the previous day. And yeah, Xerxes is definitely a terrible episode, Noelle and Pat just didn't deserve to go to the temple. I sort of liked the temple game sequence, but that's about the only nice thing I can say about this episode. Should've been the Purple Parrots. :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2013, 07:35:36 PM »
I'm surprised that Marble Armrest made it inside the top 100. :o

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »

This. Not only that, I m surprised "Hans Holbein" even ranked this low.  :o  I mean it was just an average episode and uneventful, but I am surprised it outranked the dozens of S1 and S2 episodes that were forgettable and uneventful. I would take that episode any day over Stone Marker, Gordian Knot, Silver Saddle Horn, Captain John Smith, Sultan Suleiman, Bent Shaving Pan, and Charles Lindbergh. Heck, I am surprised that Xerxes outranked it. But if there is one thing I agree with, it being that Rachel's voice was so annoying during that run. :roll:

And I am surprised Xerxes cracked the top 100 also. The whole episode is nothing but a bunch of crap. Okay, I will admit the temple games were sort of interesting. But everything else was crap. The Green Monkeys barely advanced by each round and answered one of the dumbest tiebreaker questions ever asked on the show. And that temple run performance was piss poor. How do you only complete the bottom floor in your whole three minutes? Heck, David from the "Enormous Feather" cleared the bottom floor by himself in about a minute. But these two were lost causes.  :oops:  :oops:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2013, 10:13:52 PM »

And I'm surprised that we haven't seen Lucky Pig yet.  :shock:

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2013, 01:59:36 PM »
Yeah, I am really surprised Amelia Earhart hasn't made it yet either. I can't think of anything real good about it. Kristen sucked throughout the whole episode and the episode in general was mediocre. The only good thing about is the rare bamboo pole temple game. The moat sucked, the artifact was a lame choice for Earhart, the temple games were pretty sucky aside from the game mentioned above, and the temple run was such a disgrace. I would honestly give this episode a 1/10 if it wasn't for that rare temple game and Scott. I would still rate it 2/10 though. :roll: 

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »
#98: The Golden Stallion of Ali Baba

Another awkward episode. It starts the awkward business with the Legend. C'mon, Bobby Baba? :roll: Open Peanut?  :roll: . The run was very unfair and it was due to an error. The Throne/Swamp door was shut in the Throne Room but open in the Swamp. This throws the Orange Iguanas off and they go up the shaft. But then when Kendra came back to the Throne Room, the door opened. Time ran out in the Dark Forest.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »
Golden Stallion was one of those episodes that fell into the "25% of the Legends episodes I don't watch because it is so forgettable." I don't hate the episode or anything, but I hardly can fine a reason to watch it. The legend was pretty lame too. Although the "Open Peanut?, Open Sunflower?", Open Pumpernickel?" quote was a joke due to the password being "Open Sesame" and sesame is a type of seeds along with the other ones he tried guessing. :lol: It was still lame though as was the name Bobby Baba. I highly doubt that there was anybody named Bobby during those times. :roll: It still has nothing on Wing Ding and Ring Ling though. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: The Orange Iguanas kind of got shafted in the temple run. If they noticed the Swamp from the start, it would've been a "Dr. Livingstone" type of win. Too bad they had no alternate path to take though. I probably would've ranked this in the same range you have it in now, so no complaints from me on this one.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2013, 06:24:38 PM »
Golden Stallion is a very forgettable episode. The only thing I remember is the lame legend, the squirting temple game, and the production error in the temple run. No wonder this episode was never used for pictures in the picture thread for over a year. :lol:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2013, 03:15:05 PM »
#97: The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth

This was another unusual episode. The Steps went by VERY fast. One of the most odd moments happened during the second game. The Green Monkeys had the Orange basket and the Orange Iguanas had the Green basket  :lol: . The run also had an odd moment. Have any of you noticed the Room of the Ancient Warriors is darker than usual  :huh: . At the end, Tess screws the chance at the artifact by getting lost in the Dark Forest. Kirk quote: "One more second".

Here is the Ancient Warriors in this episode.

It is unusually darker.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts