Author Topic: GM1's Countdown of Episodes  (Read 5398 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: GM1's Countdown of Episodes
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 05:54:06 PM »
Nathan Hale was one of the quirkiest episodes on the whole show. I agree, that Green Monkey boy was very tall. He must've been as tall as Brandon from "Blackfeet Chief".  :P The whole temple game order for Christina's temple game seemed like a bunch of crap to me. It's not like Christina had the letters in the wrong order, the "IL" was just upside down. I really think they should've counted that considering the producers had counted even sketchier calls in other episodes. :roll: And the temple run is such a disaster. How did Christina not find the half-pendant that was in plain sight, pointed out by James, and then Kirk even told her she passed it? What a very inattentive player. I doubt they would've won if she found the half-pendant because was so slow anyways and probably would've been forced down into the Jester's Court.

And as for the reason the temple run got postponed, I like the "King's Storeroom Pot" theory better than the "Christina puked in the Pit" one. It makes sense that something happened in the original Nathan Hale run, or else the pots between Butch Cassidy and Grandy Nanny wouldn't be different. Oh well, this episode sucked anyways and it was probably the worst triple capture on the show.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:55:01 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 05:28:34 PM »
#107: The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce

Ugh, I hate this episode. The Legend was so phony, it was about how you should never give up. If I remember right, one of the spider pictures I think was from Charlotte's Web  :roll: . So that tells you how bad of a Legend this is. Jeremy cheated in his own game and got caught with it. If it wasn't for him cheating, it would've ben a sweep. He also passed up the half pendant (which he needed) and he wasn't that fast either. Jeremy is a disgrace to the Green Monkeys  :roll: .

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2013, 01:14:33 AM »
Robert the Bruce is an episode I don't bother watching unless I take a picture of it or need to use it for reference. I don't particularly care for it, but I don't think it was too horrible. I think the whole Jeremy thing was an honest mistake on his part. During his temple game, he probably didn't realize that he couldn't use that opening to move up a level. His mistake was at least forgivable and he got called back for it too. It's not like the loser Ron in my avatar that cheated and got away with.  :evil: The rest of the episode is average though and very boring too. I almost fell asleep when I ranked Jeremy and Christine and the Silver Snakes. As for the temple run, I don't think that it is a bad run either. It was pretty mediocre, but the layout was hard anyways even if Jeremy found the half-pendant. The team would've still made more progress than the Blue Barracudas from "Hans Holbein" if they had a full second pendant. But it still had a crappy outcome either way.

I don't disagree with the ranking either way. I don't think the episode is bad, but it was so boring and I literally almost fell asleep watching. And the rest of the episode had some pretty mediocre moments like the legend you mentioned. Overall, I try to stay away from this one but it is watchable.  ;)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2013, 05:08:29 PM »
#106: The Treasure Map of Jean Lafitte

The Blue Barracudas were not that good of a team. They barely scrapped by each round here and only got to the Temple due to an incorrect tiebreaker. Then you get Terry-Kay walking and straying from her partner's path. She also had trouble with the Silver Monkey at the end. Nick GaS put this episode in the 20 episode cycle so that made me dislike it even more. I hate this episode more than Lucky Pig.

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2013, 01:54:11 AM »
Jean Lafitte was a pretty crappy episode and one that I actually reviewed in my other thread. :P Nothing memorable or good at all about this episode. The only thing I really liked about it was the legend was sort of interesting. Everything else was lackluster and boring. And the Blue Barracudas got a lucky break in the tiebreaker with the Jaguars ringing in wrong (payback for Alhambra I bet :roll:). The temple run was pretty sucky IMO also. Neither player was great at all and Terry Kay was so slow and clueless. I really wish she got caught by the third guard for her stupidity. And the way she was assembling that Monkey was laughable. Imagine if she had more time? She might've taken longer than Jessica from "Lost Logbooks". :roll: Just an episode I don't care about in general. I would rate it a 2.5/10.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2013, 06:06:52 PM »
#105: The Plumed Headdress of Cosa Rara

This was another bad episode. The Legend was so fake, it's second worst (Mt. Kilimanjaro). The Legend was about a dinner chat with King Ludwig II & Cosa Rara.... a horse  :roll: . No wonder why King Ludwig was insane  :roll: . The Temple Run was just mediocre. Jessica was just too slow and if she had some speed, she might've had a chance at this horrible artifact.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2013, 06:45:11 PM »
I hate the Cosa Rara episode too. I have seen it many times and it is so boring. The legend was very laughable and I lost it the first time I watched it. The whole thing was hilarious from the horse sounds to King Ludwig making soup for the horse at the dinner table.  :lol: I honestly don't know what the producers were thinking with the legend. The temple games were boring, although I thought the team game was sort of interesting. The temple run sucked though. Justin did fine in the temple, but Jessie was not a good player at all. She took her plain old time to get where Justin was taken out and she only made one room progress. It didn't help that the team beelined for the direct path either. I give this episode a 2/10.  :roll:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 04:52:40 PM »
#104: The Oracle Bowl of Delphi

This was another bad Purple Parrot episode. Shane & Jackie proved to be strong before the Temple. Shane was really fast, Jackie was completely opposite. Plus she wasted the final 45 seconds in the PIRATE'S COVE  :roll: . Sorry for being too brief today, in a little bit of a hurry  ;) .

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2013, 01:51:29 AM »
I am honestly surprised to see Oracle Bowl ranked this low. I would've ranked it in the mid 90's range. The temple run was bad, but the rest of the episode was alright. It was memorable and decent to watch up until the temple run. I am surprised it outranked garbage like Xerxes, Jedediah Smith, Amelia Earhart, Queen Nzinga, Lily-Crested Crown, and maybe even Sultan Suleiman. But I guess the temple run makes this episode look very bad.  :o

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2013, 08:43:28 PM »
#103: The Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass

Ugh,  :roll: . Why do I have to talk about this  :roll: . Jason cheated in the team game and got away with it. Wait... Jason & Dana SWEPT the Temple Games :shock: !? That bad of a team is good enough to do that but enough to suck in the Temple . Jason was so slow and clueless. And don't get me started with Dana's loud assed mouth  :roll: .

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2013, 01:37:46 AM »
Smashed Printing Plate is trash tier episode. The episode is so annoying and the Red Jaguars were a terrible team. But I just want to note that the Red Jaguars actually won their team game fairly. While Jason did attempt to cheat by jumping to the second pole, it was the wrong pole anyways and he was forced to start over. Dana was the one that crossed fairly and correctly anyways. So cheating didn't benefit them in the game either way. ;) They were still a terrible team either way and that temple run was so annoying. Between Dana's screaming and Jason's incompetence, its hard to even sit through that. And to a certain extent, I can see why Dana was shouting. But jeez, at least do something in the temple when it is your turn and not make it past the second room. :roll: Annoying and crappy episode overall.  :evil:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2013, 01:49:11 AM »
I always wondered what was up with the team game, since the only time I've seen the full episode was once. I take it you must've rewatched this episode recently? But if he was attempting to cheat, that's still sort of cheating to me. Plus, didn't he cheat in his individual game by throwing ink jars while the Purple Parrot boy was off his horse? Either way, Jason and Dana were a terrible team whose temple run is precisely why I hate the Red Jaguars. Their temple runs and episodes are always my least favorite. Should've been the Purple Parrots. :(

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2013, 02:01:56 AM »
Well, I have seen this pitiful episode quite a few times.  :oops: Plus, I ranked Jason and Dana in the Ranking Thread not too long ago. I agree, Jason was a cheater even if they won their team game fairly. I mean people always rank Jeremy from Robert the Bruce as a cheater, even though his cheating didn't have an impact on the final outcome of the game. So Jason should be labeled as one too. As for the individual game though, I am not sure if Jason was suppose to stop throwing the newspapers in the basket while the Purple Parrot boy was down or not. I am not sure if there were temple games with similar rules that day. I think Katie's temple game in Imperial Wizard was similar to Jason's, so I might have to rewatch it. In the end though, Dana won her temple game and team game fairly. So they probably would've gone to the temple either way if Jason was called out for cheating in his individual game. Oh well, those two sucked anyways and that temple performance was a load of crap.  :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2013, 02:13:00 AM »
Katie had the sinking steps temple game, not the bucking horse game. Jason did have the sinking steps game as the team game though. And while Dana did win her "portion" of the game fairly, Jason definitely tried to cheat. When you ranked his episode last year, you gave him a "1" for the temple game. Jeremy got a "3" for his temple game, though I always thought his cheating was an honest mistake. As for Jason's individual game, it could've made it a little clearer what exactly the rules were regarding the paper throwing. I always thought Jason was supposed to wait until the Purple Parrot boy was back on the horse, then throw the papers again. But, I could be wrong on that.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2013, 03:16:11 PM »
Yeah, I gave him a "1" for the fact that he tried cheating. In Jason's case, he knew better than to try and jump to the second pole. This was halfway into the temple game when he decided to do that. By then, he should've known better. In Jeremy's case, it was more of an honest mistake. I am not too familiar with Jason's temple game rules. What other temple games featured the bucking horse where the contestants had to throw stuff into the bin? I know episodes like Sacagawea and Thornwood Gavel had the bucking horse games. But those ones had the contestants hold on without falling off. There was no throwing at all. It would be good to know if other temple games like Jason's stated that the player shouldn't throw while Jason was riding it.  :?: