Author Topic: GM1's Countdown of Episodes  (Read 5329 times)

Online GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: GM1's Countdown of Episodes
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2013, 04:10:38 PM »
#40 The Imperial Purple Robe of Empress Theodora

Interesting episode as we kick off the top 40. This was the closest we ever got to a Two Pendant Tiebreaker. The run was also interesting because the wall didn't breakdown, that was only the second out of two times, the other was a disaster. :roll: The run was a nail bitter, because the stupid elevator is slow and it stopped preventing Josh getting the Robe. They should've given them the second prize because of that. Now, could the wall be broken down from the other side? :?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:13:16 PM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2013, 09:11:34 PM »
I definitely agree with your position for "Empress Theodora". It was a pretty interesting episode IMO at least. The moat wasn't as painful as the later two episodes (Spanish King and Evil King) and it also featured Jim and Kristen from "Polynesian Girl".  :mrsilver: The temple games were very close. So close that it was almost a 2-2 tiebreaker. :o The temple run was average, but also sort of a nail biter. The ending was similar to "Blue Pearl", but just not as exciting. Maybe it was because both players moved too slow and Josh should've let the elevator finish descending. All in all, it was an above average episode.

And to answer your question, I do think the wall would've broken down for Josh. ;) I think it was only sealed on one side of the room and not the other.

Online GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »
Forgot to post here yesterday so 2 today

#39: The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb

This was a mix between Imperial Wizard & Robert the Bruce. It gets the Imperial Wizard side for two reasons. First, the Legend featured someone named Needmore Rupees.  :roll: Also, the layout was tricky too. It gets the Robert the Bruce side because the team passed half pendant and got caught. Also, this was the longest triple capture. Also the last guard was in the Quicksand Bog, same location as Robert the Bruce.

#38: The Comet Embroided Battle Flag of William the Conqueror

There are 50 letters in the longest title for an episode! Olivia & Jonathan were a good team that even swept the games, but made two crucial errors. Olivia tried climbing the pit, but the only door open was the Tomb. Jonathan overlooked the door to the Chamber & tried each Ancient Warrior twice. That was why this was a reached artifact episode instead of a victory. Still, they got a Center of the Room artifact grabbed!  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:29:06 PM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2013, 01:06:38 PM »
Lost Taj Mahal Turban is a pretty good episode, even if it was forgettable. You're right about the similarities between "Imperial Wizard" and "Robert the Bruce", but I think it is more similar to "Imperial Wizard" altogether. Dumb legend, almost exact same temple layout, Green Monkeys run, and the temple run ends one room away from the artifact. Chrystine and Dean were a pretty good team also. Too bad Chrystine didn't find her half-pendant in the Pit. Even though she obviously looked for it there. I like this episode and I have no problems with this triple capture. There was much worse than this one.

William the Conqueror was another good Green Monkeys episode. The episode title was way too fancy and long though. Couldn't "The Battle Flag of William the Conqueror" work? :roll: The earlier rounds of the episode were good, and Jonathan and Olivia were dominant in the temple games. The temple loss was very exciting too, and both of them came close escaping with a center of the temple win. Too bad they didn't win though, but it was a great effort. They should be happy that they even reached the Chamber artifact. Overall, I like this episode a lot. Would've ranked much higher if they won. And Jonathan really should've untucked his shirt from his pants in the temple. It made him look a little nerdy. ;)

Online GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2013, 07:55:32 PM »
#37: The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed

Mush Pot Hat... the Season 2 version of Sir Edmund Hillary. Overall, not too bad of an episode and we got a really good Orange Iguana team (finally!) :P. Chris & Angela may have lacked some speed but they still got the artifact. The reason they didn't win was that stupid Mineshaft elevator. Just like the episode I previously mentioned, they were forced to take the elevator from the Shrine. Angela got all the way to the Ledges entrance from the Pit when time ran out, that's good enough for me. :mrorange:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Online GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »
#36: The Leopard Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley

This episode is almost like it's more successful brother that came right after. Nick & Chandra were 1st in the Moat, 1st in the Steps, had 2 Pendants.... but they failed to put the cherry on top. Chandra was the only person to do the Secret Password in Season 2, but she wasn't supposed to do it as we found out that the Shaft/Shrine door was unlocked. Unfortunately, Chandra was taken one room away. Nick got all the way into the King's Storeroom, and put the key into the wall :lol:. Still, a good Purple Parrot team, but three more Purple Parrot episodes were better (by now, you should know which ones ;)) :mrpurple:.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2013, 12:34:29 AM »
Annie Oakley was a solid episode and Chandra and Nick were a very good team. The Purple Parrots were dominating all day, and had one of the strongest performance pre-temple run. Unfortunately, they couldn't pull off a win in the temple. Part of it was due to Chandra taking the slow Mine Shaft elevator. On the other hand, the one room away guard was unfair. Nick did a good job following up on her path, but there was no time by the time he entered the King's Storeroom. Too bad they didn't win, but luckily the following Purple Parrot team did win it all. And in dominating fashion too. But if Chandra and Nick won first, then this would've been slightly more impressive than Kelly and Tony.  :mrpurple:

And speaking of Billy the Kid, does anyone notice the similarities between this episode and Annie Oakley? Both were produced back to back, both episodes were about historical figures in the Old West, both artifacts were made of "Skin", both teams were first in each round, both teams swept some sort of round (temple games sweep in Annie Oakley and Steps of Knowledge sweep in Billy the Kid), and both teams met their guards in the Laser Light Room. This was probably their best production day.  :mrpurple:

Also, I am pretty sure someone said they were related to Annie Oakley on this forum? I wonder who it was?  :o

Online GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »
#35: The Diary of Dr. Livingstone

I think this is the last of the forgettable episodes. I believe that this is so forgettable, that some of us forget that Brett & Tabitha won! The team did fine, they were just average. Brett entered all 12 rooms of the Temple because he had a bad exit plan. Still a win is a win. :mrblue:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:20:33 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Online GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2013, 08:02:15 PM »
#34: The Two Cornered Hat of Napoleon
This was a good artifact grabbing. This was the only episode the Green Monkeys never advanced from  :jaguars2: :monkeys2: :iguanas2: :snakes2:.  Brian & Carly were good, but having Carly taking the elevator, that prevented them from winning. At least they got the artifact. :mrred:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2013, 10:07:22 PM »
Good spot for "Two-Cornered Hat". I like this episode a lot and it was one of the few good moments for the Red Jaguars. The legend was interesting and the artifacts was one of the best designs on the show. I also enjoyed the temple games too. The temple run was pretty exciting also. From Brian's girly's scream to Carly's fast speed, this run was memorable. Too bad Carly didn't try the Mine Shaft-Shrine shortcut. They would've won and the Red Jaguars would've had an actual victory in S2 (even though they should've won in Charles Lindbergh  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: ). But still, this is their second best loss after "Queen Boadicea". I also remember this episode being paired with "Madame Tussaud" and being overplayed a lot on Nick GaS. And both episodes dealt with Napoleon too.  :mrred:  :mrorange:

Online GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »
#33: The Helmet of Genghis Khan

This was the better of the 2 victories by the Red Jaguars in Season 1. Before that though, there was a good Temple Games. One was scoreless, though the Red Jaguars just grabbed a head instead of the whole soldier! :lol: The run may have looked easy, but when compared to the other Red Jaguar win, it looks amazing. Once the run was over, Taylor & Becca were so happy, they went off camera, Kirk had to get them back! :lol: I really like this Season 1 win. :mrred:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Online GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2013, 07:00:24 PM »
#32: The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe

I do kinda find this episode a bit overrated. The Legend is mostly accurate and I should know it since it has to do with Paul Bunyan & Babe the Ox. This was a Minnesotan Legend :lol: ! Joel was a really good player, but I do find him overrated for three reasons. 1. He had a very lucky layout. 2. He took a while with the Silver Monkey 3. He had a bad exit plan. Even if I find it overrated, it is still a great episode. :mrsilver:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2013, 08:15:16 PM »
Pretty good position for "Enormous Iron Nose Ring". I know the temple win was overrated, but the whole episode was enjoyable. The legend was good and the temple games were memorable for the "Babes on Bells Neck" quote too. Joel was also very strong throughout this episode and his enthusiasm added to the memorable experience of it. The temple win was pretty overrated though. But Joel was also an awesome contestant too. He blazed through the bottom floor of the temple and even avoided a temple spirit. Unfortunately, when he met an actual objective in the Shrine, he faltered a little bit. And when he grabbed the Nose Ring also, he took the central shaft out of the temple. Luckily he had enough time or else we would've had an "Anne Bonny" type ending. And if he didn't make these mistakes, he could've possibly beaten "Shaka Zulu's" record too. This was a pretty good episode though. I might've put it above "Ahmed Baba", but nothing wrong with ranking either.

By the way, how old is Joel suppose to be? I swear, he looks like he was 16 years old.  :shock: No wonder they had an age cutoff because the older kids would've destroyed the show like Zac and Joel did.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2013, 08:52:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure Joel was about 15 at the time. Just like the Red Jaguar boy from Bandit Queen and Shawn from Trojan Horseshoe was.

Online GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »
I'm a little overdue for today :P

#31: The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra

Now we are at another Season 1 episode. This was a great one too, because the Silver Snakes were probably one of the best Season 1 teams. Robert was fast but was taken out too soon. Tracy somehow tried to open the Observatory/Golden Orb door by lifting the bar and sliding the door open. :lol: She still got the artifact, but had a questionable exit plan, mainly because of her door malfunction. She still made sure it was a victory but it wasn't enough to crack the top 30. But it is still one to watch :mrsilver:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts