Author Topic: Rigged rounds?  (Read 388 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Rigged rounds?
« on: August 19, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »
I was reading an old post in the spam topic and one person said that the Orange Iguanas in the Mary Shelly Moat, originally made it across. The producers thought that after Orange made it across, no one did. :roll:  So they changed outfits and did the whole round again. Problem was the teams that made it across were the Red Jaguars, the Blue Barracudas, the Green Monkeys, & the Silver Snakes; not the Orange Iguanas. But they were back in separate episodes. ;)

So this brings me to question, were any of the rounds (other than the Temple) rigged in favor of a team(s) in any of the episodes? :?

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rigged rounds?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 12:36:53 PM »
I thought rigging a game show was illegal? I am not sure who thought that the Mary Shelly moat was rigged either.  :? That sounds like some crap that outer space use to say all the time. It wouldn't be fair if they rigged the moat for one team in the Mary Shelly episode because the other teams would be shafted. But the Orange Iguana players in the moat were Jennifer from "Madame Tussaud" and her partner was an African American guy. Both players returned in a later production day too. Jennifer returned in Madame Tussaud, and her partner returned in Mummified Hand or Lost Taj Mahal Turban.  :?: I am not sure why they were given a second chance or even split up in the first place, but I don't think it was rigged. ;)

I don't recall any rounds of the show being rigged either. ;) I guess you could say that the last production day of the show had temple layouts that were very favorable towards the team (Sforza, Benzibab, and Catherine the Great). But I definitely don't think there were any rigged rounds on the show. Especially a round that featured more than one team.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:37:36 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 12:52:06 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is illegal to rig a game show. The closest thing "rigging" I can think of is the level of difficulty of the temple for each production day (i.e., Discarded Seal's day versus Catherine the Great's day). And that had to do with the amount of money that the producers had to give away the grand prizes. Since there were quite a few victorious teams at the start of Season 3, they probably wanted to make the middle of the season's runs more difficult to ensure that they would not over-spend on too many grand prizes. Since they still had a bunch of grand prizes to give out by the last production day, they "eased up" on the temple runs so that they could give away the prizes AND keep the home viewer happy (since who would want to watch a show where the teams won less than 10% of the time?).

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 03:02:49 PM »
The producers should've been ashamed for some of the temple layouts they used for some of those teams. The Ivan the Terrible production day, Robert the Bruce, Belle Boyd, and Henry Hudson were some layouts where any team had very little chance at winning. There was no way any team would've won at the "Ivan the Terrible" layout either. Look at how flawless Travis and Elisa performed and still didn't reach the Discarded Seal.

My favorite production day is the Roland production day. Since the last win before Roland was Bandit Queen, which was 4 production days back, it was obvious that they made the Roland layout as winnable as possible. Yet, the Queen Boadicea, Pirate Captain, and Enormous Feather layouts were lengthy. :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 04:58:05 PM »
Mary Shelley's moat wasn't rigged at all, nor did anyone claim otherwise. According to a Reddit post from a contestant on Dried Apple Half, (the Red Jaguar girl who lost at the steps to be exact), the episode before them (Mary Shelley) had to start their moat all over again because the teams were struggling so badly to get across. And she specifically said no one got across, unless the Orange Iguanas did the first time, but NOT the second time. And it would be only fair to let Jennifer and her first partner, come back and try again for another episode to makeup for it. Therefore = not rigged at all. You can't rig a part of a show, even for those temple runs with ridiculously easy layouts, that's illegal.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 12:42:12 AM »
You know, if the Orange Iguanas did make it across the moat originally but were forced to start over and missed the second time, it would make sense on why Jennifer returned later in Madame Tussaud and her partner returned in Mummified Hand. I am not sure if it happened this way or why that Orange Iguana team got a second chance, but it is an interesting piece that is plausible.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 12:45:32 AM »
Jennifer's original partner was in Lost Taj Mahal Turban, not Mummified Hand.