Author Topic: What was the biggest Legends fail?- FIRST PLACE  (Read 1246 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
What was the biggest Legends fail?- FIRST PLACE
« on: April 21, 2013, 01:46:12 AM »
We know the all six teams on Legends had a lot of fails on the show. There were a lot of cringeworthy moments by some of those teams on the show. In the poll, I put the biggest fails among this fanbase that usually pop up. So what do you think is the biggest fail by team?

Biggest Legends Fails
First Place: "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" - Sabrina only travels through five rooms in 3 minutes and literally gives up at the end
Second Place: "John Henry's Lost Hammer" - PRESS THE BUTTON KIM! YOU NEED TO PRESS A BUTTON!
Third Place: "The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack" - Veronica and Thomas's performance in general

Biggest fails by team:
Red Jaguars: "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" - Sabrina only travels through five rooms in 3 minutes and literally gives up at the end.
Blue Barracudas: "The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley" - Larry's awkward running and Monster Monkey
Green Monkeys: "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat" - Colleen's failed chance at a solo victory, Kirk telling Chris to take the long way, and Chris's slow speed and horrible temple exit/"The Broken Wing of Icarus" - Jason fails to bring the Broken Wing out of the temple in time in an entire 3 minutes
Orange Iguanas: "The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack" - Veronica and Thomas's performance in general
Purple Parrots: "The Lost Lion Tail of Little John" - The Purple Parrots get a free pass to the temple when Claude decides to blow his load when he enters the temple./"The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de Medici" - "GET THE PEPPERONI!!!!!!!"
Silver Snakes: "John Henry's Lost Hammer" - PRESS THE BUTTON KIM! YOU NEED TO PRESS A BUTTON!

For the Red Jaguars, I voted for Kim in "The Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh". The girl had TWO MINUTES to herself to complete two rooms and reach the Dark Forest. But she literally does everything wrong to fail in the temple and not even reach the Dark Forest. She moves so slow and backtracks to uncleared rooms twice. Plus, her Silver Monkey assembly was laughable. And when she completes the Silver Monkey, she runs PAST the Dark Forest and into the Room of the Secret Password. She doesn't even grab the Missing Weather Maps after all that time wasted. :roll:

Runner-up though is Lisa from "Alhambra". She blew her load big time and made no progress with 2:30 to herself. The only reason I didn't vote her because of the door in the Tomb leading to the Shrine confusing her. I mean she DID try the key to go up, so it's not like she didn't know what to do. If she was the frontrunner in her run, she wouldn't have been so bad. Unlike Kim being a frontrunner would've been deadly.

A distant third would be Ron though. He cheated in the moat and got away with it. Plus, he was slow in the temple and took the worst way out of the temple.

So what is your number one biggest fail by team?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:22:49 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: What was the biggest Red Jaguar fail on the show?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 01:52:23 AM »
Sabrina, hands down. She only traveled through five rooms in three minutes. She's the walking poster child for "Never send the slow witted player first into the temple." Sabrina's temple run is one of the many reasons I hate the Red Jaguars. Though Kim was pretty terrible too. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 01:56:53 AM »
I like how she literally gives up and starts coming back to the temple entrance after Kirk tells her you that "she might want to come back down". He meant for her to try and go down from the Heart Room. That was just a piss poor attempt. :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 02:10:54 AM »
I was tempted to pick Kim, but in the end, I voted for Sabrina. At least Kim made an attempt, although it was piss-poor. I was considering giving Sabrina the benefit of a doubt due to being the first player ever to enter the temple, but she was clueless and gave up at the end. No excuse for that.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 07:49:45 AM »
Sabrina. She only travelled 5 rooms in three minutes and got lost in the Heart Room  :roll:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 03:54:24 PM »
Actually, Sabrina was not the first ever player to enter the temple. Jennifer and Jammin' Jon from "Galileo's Cannonball" were. Blackbeard's Treasure Map may have been labeled "Episode 1," but it wasn't the first episode ever recorded.

But either way, wasting three minutes going through five rooms is inexcusable. At least Kim had somewhat of an idea what she was doing.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 01:55:12 AM »
I can't believe I forgot about Kelly from "Montezuma". Not that it matters though, because it looks like Sabrina wins this one easily.

I am going to make a poll for each of the fails by each team. The next team up is going to be the Blue Barracudas.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: What was the biggest Blue Barracuda fail on the show?
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 02:08:16 AM »
The Blue Barracuda list is smaller because I couldn't come up with many instances where they did fail. If you think I missed one though, please tell me and I will add it to the poll.

Anyways, this was kind of a tricky decision and it was hard to choose between Larry and Tony. But I have to say that Larry was the biggest Blue Barracuda fail. I realize the Silver Monkey gave many players trouble, but not to the extent of Larry. He had over a minute to complete the room and he failed miserably to do so. None of the pieces were the right way, even the base of the Monkey was wrong! What a screwjob. Not to mention, his running was so awkward and laughable. :roll:

Tony comes close though. Unlike Larry though, at least the Medusa's Lair screw up was kind of forgivable. I mean putting in four snakes was truly a pain. But it should have not taken him over a minute to complete said room. And when he does finish the room, he enters the King's Storeroom and punches the pots like a moron. Larry takes this one though.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »
Yeah, definitely Larry. He couldn't assemble that monkey for nothing.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 04:29:51 PM »
Mr. Monster Monkey himself, Larry

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 04:51:59 PM »
I was tempted to pick Kristen because you got her partner's name wrong again. ;)

However, I went with the obvious: Larry. Tony and Kristen are close behind though.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54:34 PM »
I was tempted to pick Kristen because you got her partner's name wrong again. ;)

Fixed it. ;)

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 11:23:37 PM »
I am going to move onto the Green Monkeys next. Larry's got this one by a landslide. :lol:

Give me a few minutes to add the choices to the poll. And thanks for fixing the Jim/Scott mistake. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: What was the biggest Green Monkeys fail on the show?
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 11:33:29 PM »
For this poll, I included a lot of options. Since there were a lot of Green Monkey fails, please tell me if I missed one.

Anyways, I voted for the "Lost Lariat" run for biggest fail. It was either this one or Jason from "Icarus". I went with Lost Lariat though because there is absolutely no reason why this team shouldn't have won. Everyone made mistakes in this run. Colleen missed a solo run opportunity when she stared right at the door to the Treasure Room, Kirk gave Chris horrible advice, and Chris was the worst offender, He was so slow and clueless, even before he reached the Lost Lariat. And when he does reach it, he slowly exits the temple and can't even reach the Wheel Room despite having 53 seconds to himself.  :roll:

Jason's choke job was pretty bad. But at the same time, at least he came close though. And his ending was sort of a nail biter too, while with Chris you are yelling at him from the edge of your seat.

This one goes to Pecos Bill.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:36:31 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: What was the biggest Green Monkeys fail on the show?
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 11:36:12 PM »
This may not be a popular opinion, but I went with the "AMBASSADOR! AMBASSADOR!" tiebreaker choke job. The Green Monkeys constantly rang in early on the Steps of Knowledge, and did it again in the tiebreaker. And sure enough, it came back to bite him in the ass.