Author Topic: Male Players Temple Tiers  (Read 956 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Male Players Temple Tiers
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 09:27:02 PM »
And what are we going to do with contestants like Kris, Jim, and Damian (Map to the Lost Gold Mine)? They were all very fast contestants, but they only lasted three rooms. So we don't really know what they are made of. Should they go into Tier 1 or Tier 2?
I say all three should go into Tier 2. For pretty much the same reasons you stated. Fast players, but didn't last long. It's not like it was their faults or anything, we just don't know what they were made of.

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 07:24:51 AM »
As for me,

Tier 1 : TJ, from the metal beard of the Egyptian Queen, he was a very great player!!

Tier 2 : Shane from the oracle bowl of delphi. he was a very great player, but his mistake of a direct path was costly.
            tony from the snakeskin boots of billy the kid. Now, this player i was considering for a tier 1. but his flaw in the ledges i will dock it. but other thaN that, if not for the flaw, he would deserve a tier 1. Why? his alertness in the dark forest, mine shaft and overall performance impresses me.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 01:39:14 PM »
Steve (Alhambra) should go into Tier #2 for the same reason as Shane. He was very fast but his whole path was simple so we don't know what he was truly made of if he entered a room like the Shrine.

Nick (Charles Lindbergh) should go into Tier #1 IMO. The kid really tore the temple apart once he got out of the Crypt. He was the only contestant to really pull all of the blocks in the Laser Light Room off all at once. He entered his sixth room with about 2:00 left in the run.

Jason (Nostradamus) should go into the same tier as Nick also. He moved at a good pace and it was clever of him to use the Leash to grab the rope in the Pit.

Jason (Smashed Printing Plate) should go into the Lost Cause tier. He did so many things wrong that I hardly can find anything redeemable about him. He was slow, backtracked for no reason, and missed the Dark Forest shortcut. You wonder why his big mouth partner was shouting at him.

Pat (Marble Armrest) is one contestant I am having trouble placing in a tier. I feel that he was a lost cause just because the only progress he made was plowing through the wall into the Quicksand Bog. Plus, he couldn't climb the Pharaoh's Slide either. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »
Pat from Xerxes should definitely go into the Lost Cause tier. Even with not much time left, he just had no idea what he was doing.

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 12:44:39 AM »
(CORRECTION FROM MY PREVIOUS POST)

Shane from Delphi should go into tier 1. Even though he made the mistake of going for a direct path, he was still a very strong PP player for his fast speed. its just his bad luck that there was a guard in the wrong entrance room.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 12:51:11 AM »
Ben (Nzinga), Justin (Iron Mask), Josh (Dead Man's Hand), Joshua (Empress Theodora), and Sean (Belshazzar) can all go into the Average tier. They didn't do anything remarkable in the temple no did they stick out much. But they weren't bad players either.

Shane from Ahmed Baba should go into Tier #2. He did do a good job in handling all of the objectives in the long path he took. But his path was also pretty deadly and he almost set himself up for an "Annie Oakley" and "Mata Hari" temple guard encounter.

I say Mike from "Judge Roy Bean" goes into Tier #1. He was fast and had the fastest Silver Monkey assembly on the show. It was Kelli that screwed everything up.

I wonder where Bobby from Shaka Zulu should go? The kid only had to hit actuators while going into the Tomb of the Ancient Kings. I don't think he belongs in the top tier at all...

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 01:06:47 AM »
Yeah, Bobby was just plain average. Put him in the Average tier.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »
To keep this thread going, where should Robert from "The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata" go? I vote Tier 2. He did decently in his time in the temple, but Olivia Emma is the one who brought the artifact out.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 06:36:40 PM »
Robert should definitely go into Tier #2. He moved fast enough to give Olivia-Emma enough time to make it out of the temple. He didn't make any mistakes either. He was a good contestant.

And since we were talking about her partner in the other topic, I think Jared from Imperial Wizard should go into the Average tier (#3). He did move fast and had a fast monkey completion. But he made the mistake of entering the Dark Forest and wasting time there. But he wasn't a terrible contestant though.

I say Shawn from "The Trojan Horseshoe" should go into Tier #2 also. He moved pretty quick and didn't make any mistakes. Even if their layout was kind of easy.

Offline Legend of Legends

• Orange Iguana
  • Legends is the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 09:34:18 PM »
Brett from the William Tell episode should be in tier 3. He wasn't that bad, but he wasn't very good either.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 08:36:27 PM »
If we haven't already mentioned him, Mitchell should go into Tier 3. Victory or not, he was just average and lucky.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »
Yeah, just like Paula, Mitchell was plain average and the whole Treasure Chest working was just luck. But he did move at an average pace and looked like he knew what he was doing.

I hate to say it, but I think Kevin (Benzibab) should go into Tier 1. He moved really fast and he got the Ruby Earring out of the temple with over a minute left. That is no fluke at all. And unlike Zac, he had to complete a couple of objectives on his own.

I wonder where Peter should go? Tier 3 or 4? He was fast, but he tried for the direct path twice. He was the one that caused this team to lose also. But he wasn't terrible at all.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 11:15:15 PM »
I say Tier 3, he was average, but not a bad player at all.

Offline Legend of Legends

• Orange Iguana
  • Legends is the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 03:26:37 PM »
I also say tier 3, his major flaw being hid obsession with taking the direct path to the artifact.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
How about Mike from "Thornwood Gavel"?  His super-fast assembly of the Silver Monkey should be taken into account in his ranking...
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper