Author Topic: Female Players Temple Tiers  (Read 1065 times)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Female Players Temple Tiers
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »
I'd put Leah into Tier 2, because reviewing the episode, the Pit-Chamber passage did open when she knocked over the column.  I think it's the better strategic choice in most situations where you can go to either the Chamber or the King's Storeroom from the Pit, and since the King's Storeroom was an obvious redirect to the Chamber here, going there did cost the team precious time.

Even with that one "error," Leah ("Belle Boyd") still had an outstanding performance. She cleared seven of the most time consuming rooms of Season 3 in very efficient time.

And speaking of people named Leah, I would put Leah ("Star of Sultan Saladin") toward the top as well. She had an impressive solo victory in that she did not get turned around once. The only thing that could have been "avoided" was trying the door from the Pit to the Observatory, but I don't think that "trying the direct path" (I loathe that expression) is any reason to move her down a tier, especially since there were plenty of mechanical errors that it was possible for that door to possibly open.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 08:27:59 PM »
If Yakerra gets in the top tier, then Elisa from "Ivan the Terrible" should too. She had a brutal layout to deal with, and made great time.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 12:48:28 AM »
I am on a tight schedule now, so I will try and update the list tomorrow. I am glad that people agree with Elisa being in the top tier. She deserved it and followed up well with her partner's path.

Leah from "Belle Boyd" should go into the #2 tier IMO. The extra room she added was pretty time consuming and it would've saved Matthew some time to at least enter the Shrine. But she did great overall too.

I personally think Lea from "Sultan Saladin". I don't see why anyone could give her a hard time about the direct path. She was from Season One and it's not like it had a negative effect on her run besides wasting some time. She moved fast and got a top of the central shaft win. There weren't too many of those on the show.

Christina and Renee should definitely be thrown into the Lost Cause tier. Not finding the half-pendant with plenty of time and in plain sight is a significant fail on their parts. On top of that, they were pretty slow anyways.

I wonder where Janeen should go? I want to put her into the either the Mediocre or Average tier. I am leaning towards the Mediocre tier just because of how slow and hesitant in the temple.

Miriam should go into the Mediocre tier too. She almost blew her temple run by backtracking between the Dark Forest and Jester's Court. She had nothing to do with her team winning. :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 12:58:36 AM »
I can update the list for you if you want. ;)

And I agree with the above positions. I'd put Janeen in the Mediocre tier. She was way too hesitant in the temple.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »
I'm torn between Tier 3 and Tier 4 for Janeen as well.  Her hesitancy did cost the team precious time, but it wasn't compounded with her not knowing the room objectives or whatnot so I'm not sure on this one.

Nominating Catherine from "The Golden Cup of Belshazzar" and Eusinia for Tier 3.  I can't remember much from the "Belshazzar" Temple Run except for the layout change and the wildly difficult dead ends, but I'm willing to bet the players weren't that much to blame for the loss.  And as for Eusinia, she did make some stupid mistakes, but her running speed did give David enough time to wrap things up with the pace he was moving at.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 12:36:39 AM »
I don't feel that Katherine (or Sean) was to blame for the "Belshazzar" loss at all. In fact, she was pretty fast in the temple. Unfortunately, she got held up by the dead end in the Room of Harmonic Convergence. And she didn't waste as much time as Sabrina did either, even though Katherine's deadend was more time consuming.

I agree with Eusinia's positioning too. While she was clueless in some rooms of the temple, her speed saved her from being a total lost cause,

Here are some more suggestions:

Aqila from "Golden Pepperoni" should be in the Mediocre tier. Anyone that passes up the artifact while being inside the room with it is a pretty big fail. She also moved kind of slow too.

Kelli from "Judge Roy Bean" should be in the Mediocre tier also. She blew the temple run by going into the uncleared King's Storeroom and she didn't even bother to take out her mouthpiece for reading the Secret Passwords either. I don't know, maybe she could go into the Lost Cause tier too? She hardly had a positive impact on her run.

I think that Ashley from "Henry Morgan" should go into Tier #2. She was fast and seemed like a smart player, but she made the mistake of plowing through the wall into the Quicksand Bog. This failed her chances at a solo victory.

Where do you think Ashlie from "Dolley Madison" should go? She was fast in her temple run, but she also blew her chances in the Dark Forest. While she did screw up, I think Tier #2 would've be a bad place for her. She did move fast and avoided the Ledges detour too.

I will update the list soon. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 12:52:29 AM »
I'd put Ashlie in Tier 3. While she did move fast, she screwed up big time in the Dark Forest, and took forever exiting.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 04:49:47 PM »
Where should we put Ryann? Should we go solely on her stupidity of entering the Crypt, or put her higher because we didn't really see what she could do?

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 06:38:25 PM »
She belongs in the Lost Cause tier. There is a reason you follow your partners path with less than 2 pendants.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 08:10:33 PM »
Updated the list again. I also put Ryann in the Lost Cause tier too. While we never got to see her true potential, it was her own fault on why we didn't get to see it in the first place. She was too dumb to not follow her partner's path.

Kelly from "Montezuma" can go into the Mediocre tier. She couldn't assemble that Silver Monkey if her life counted on it. Even after dropping the torso over the edge and having it thrown back to her, she still couldn't assemble it.

Jessica from "Magellan" should also go in the same tier as Kelly too. She ran into the Room of Harmonic Convergence when she had no need to. She also had one of the slowest Silver Monkey assemblies on the show.

Kerry can also share the same tier as the above two also. She was way too slow and even backtracked after assembling the Silver Monkey. :roll:

I hope no one minds Chandra in Tier #2. While she did take the longest way in the temple and not use shortcuts, she was also pretty fast and completed her rooms in good time. And this is pretty good for a center of the temple run.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 01:01:00 AM »
I swear, most of these girls on this list either feel average or mediocre.

With that being said, I feel that Lissy (Boadicea), Amber (Grandy Nanny), Jessica (Cosa Rara), an Gracelyn (Sultan Suleiman) all belong in the Mediocre tier. They were either clueless or slow players that had no idea what they were doing.

Rinetta (Mata Hari) and Jessica (Lost Fountain of Youth) should go into the Lost Cause tier. Even though they had no chances at winning, they still screwed around with the little time they had and didn't even make it far along their partner's path.

Elizabeth (Nostradamus) and Carly (Two-Cornered Hat) should go into Tier #2. Elizabeth was fast, but she didn't last long enough. And Carly made the mistake of taking the Mine Shaft elevator. Still good players.

And Noelle (Xerxes) is going to go into the Lost Cause tier like her partner Pat did. She is pretty much just a female Casey from Kilimanjaro. :roll:

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 08:35:32 AM »
Brandy from the Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu, i would vote for her to be put in tier .minus her small hesitation in the temple, i would say she was fine in the temple

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 03:34:49 PM »
I assume you mean Tier 2? Then yeah, I agree. She was good despite the mistakes she made.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 05:56:55 PM »
I move that we put Katie from "Mystical Spellbook" in the top tier.  She had less than a minute to work with, but she BLAZED through the temple with what time she had.

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »
I agree, Katie was amazing in what little time she had. Even though she didn't have to complete any completions, she had to run through a lot of rooms to get where Jared was left off. On top of that, she didn't take the Dark Forest detour. She is an example of how you should use every single second in the temple to your fullest. Maybe Lauren, Dana, and Brian should take notes from her.

And I promise to update the list tonight. ;)