Legends of the Cable Box

Author Topic: Legends of the Cable Box  (Read 1153 times)

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« on: August 02, 2006, 02:24:46 PM »
Hello all you TV Junkies, this is the first of three planned LOTHT Spin-offs. This one revolves around the myths and heroes broadcast into our homes on a daily basis. But I need your help. We need legends, artifacts, games, and rooms; all TV themed.

There are going to be some major changes, however. Blasphemy, I know. But a Mayan temple with a moat just doesn't fit in with televison. Therefore, I present the two most major changes:

The moat has been replaced with the transmitter. Every episode, before beginning, the six teams (whose names have not yet been determined) must form a brief repair. These could include re-wiring, replacing paneling, recalibrating it, mounting it, debugging it, etc. Be creative. We have bungee cords at our disposal.

The second change, Olmec is mounted to his temple, and cannot host. Fortunately, we got someone highly-recommended from him. His name is Philoh, a talking head that resides inside a 4X4 array of televisions that totally wasn't swiped from the Get the Picture prop department.

I'll post more information and details as they come to fruition. Until then, let's open the floor.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 06:43:27 PM »
I've got a little time on my hands so I'll come up with some TV themed rooms.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:30:24 PM »
Here are a few rooms I came up with:

The office of Fox Mulder: Reveal the truth by opening the X file cabinets and open the door to the COPS? patrol route, find the hidden stash, but beware of a guard disguised as a cop, if you escape, you may have a chance to enter Pee Wee?s playhouse, where you may have a chance to sit upon the famous Chairy. Next, head down to South Park and kill Kenny.

All I could think up this late.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:34:40 PM »
The legend of the original segue sound effect of Law and Order

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 06:05:34 AM »
Tribal Council -

Open the correct voting urn and pull out the correct piece of voting parchment to open the door. Basically the same as The Viper's Nest, it's just Survivor themed. 8)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:54:38 AM »
YES!!!!! I <3 Survivor!

The Slap Heard Round the World - (Parody off Real World: Seattle, when Stephen slapped Irene), stop a moving car, open the door, & slap the dummy across the face.

The Wheel of Fortune - Spin the wheel so it lands on the correct panel, & the door will open.

The Marriage of the Brady's - Push the Mr. & Mrs. Brady manequins together (when they are together, wedding bells will chime & the "here comes the bride" wedding song will play).

That's what I came up with.

Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 10:03:15 AM »
the mystery science theater

put the shadow ramma infront of the movie screen and send them the movie to open the door

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 03:19:27 PM »
"The Donut Curl Room"

Press Homer Simpson's fingers against his donut to open the door. Donuts brought to you by Lard Lad's.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 08:16:29 PM »
Here be the teams:

MTV Red
Sci-Fi Blue
G4 Green
HBO Orange
ESPN Purple
Discovery Silver

As opposed to temple guards, there is Satellite Interference. If this occurs, the player can change the channel using their remote (instead of pendants). If their remote runs out of batteries (after the second bout of satellite interference), they'll lose the transmission and the second player can take over.

Also, some rooms:
The YCDTOTV Lockers; open the right locker to find the actuator.
The Cheers Bar; Hop over the bar and pull the correct beer tap to open the door.
Alias' disguise parlor; place the correct wig on Sydney Bristow's head
The Twilight Zone dimensional door; Open the door to another dimension, one of sight and of sound to go on.
Batman's Dojo; Punch open the 'Pow' 'Biff' and 'Zam' sound effects to open the door.
The CSI Forensics lab; Flip the switch to turn on the blacklights, then place your hands on the revealed hadprints to go onwards.
The Opening Ceremonies; Spin the five Olympic rings to go on.
Doctor Who's Tardis; Open the jar of jelly babies to find the key to the tardis to go on.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 05:22:32 PM »
Man, I heart this <3

Offline mikeofnash

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 07:21:32 PM »
The Nip/Tuck Room: put the right plastic parts on the correct mannequins.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 08:20:36 PM »
The Holes of Monty Python: similar to the old Holes room, but now there are giant feet trying to squash you.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 01:18:08 PM »
Episode 1 will be showing up tonight. Stay tuned.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Legends of the Cable Box
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 02:38:25 PM »
*Hopes my Donut room made the cut*

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.