Poll

Primary blame for "The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu" loss?

Brandy
4 (80%)
Quentin
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Who do you primarily blame for "The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu" loss?  (Read 1438 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
So here is the next temple run that I want to cover - "The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu". Here is the reason why people believe both Brandy and Quentin are responsible for this temple run ending in a loss:

• Brandy - Hesitated a little too much at certain points in the run and she also completed the Shrine of the Silver Monkey objective when the door to the Room of the Secret Password was still open.
  • Quentin - Took too long to follow up on Brandy's path and entered the Room of the Secret Password when the Quicksand Bog was opened from the Shrine.

While both players were fine for the most part, I think this loss was more Quentin's fault. He took a little too long to follow up on Brandy's path and hesitated while doing so. Also, he entered the Room of the Secret Password when the Quicksand Bog was already open from the Shrine. He could've saved a lot of time if he just went into the Quicksand Bog instead of the Secret Password. While Brandy was pretty hesitant herself, she cleared out a good path for Quentin also with plenty of time. And I don't hold the whole monkey assembly thing against her because she also opened the door to the Quicksand Bog in the process.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you primarily blame for "The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu" loss?
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2013, 10:34:53 PM »
I think that Brandy's assembling the Silver Monkey but then choosing to enter the already-open Secret Password was quite costly. It would have been different if she assembled the Monkey and then took the door directly into the Quicksand Bog, since then Quentin would not have spent the excessive time in the Secret Password. The team would have been equally as well-off if Brandy avoided assembling the Silver Monkey and went immediately into the Secret Password, since that too could have saved time.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2013, 11:13:27 PM »
Brandy, for the same reasons PP4L provided. I thought Quentin was alright.

However, I have to ask something. Had Brandy chose to ignore the Silver Monkey objective, would she have been disqualified? Someone on YouTube argued with me that she would have been DQ'ed and would've been forced to complete it regardless. I disagree with that user, but what do you guys think?

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2013, 11:15:55 PM »
Had Brandy chose to ignore the Silver Monkey objective, would she have been disqualified? Someone on YouTube argued with me that she would have been DQ'ed and would've been forced to complete it regardless. I disagree with that user, but what do you guys think?

I don't think she would have been disqualified. There was a different Season 3 episode where the door from the Secret Password was prematurely open to the Quicksand Bog, so the team did not have to read the passwords in order to unlock the door. There didn't seem to be any penalties awarded for that maneuver, so I don't think it would have been the case for Brandy and Quentin.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2013, 11:20:13 PM »
I don't think Brandy would've been disqualified either. The door was already open when she entered the Shrine, so it's not like she forced it open like Heather did in the Dark Forest during "Snow Cone" run. And it also happened in another episode - the "Frederick Douglass" temple run featured the Secret Password door open to the Quicksand Bog. I believe the producers did this on purpose to make the layout easier.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2013, 11:20:16 PM »
Brandy, she wasted time assembling the monkey, when the Secret Password and Quicksand Bog was already opened. I don't really see how Quentin is to blame at all. He moved a little slow, but Brandy could have just gone straight into the Quicksand Bog to save time.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2013, 11:22:56 PM »
Didn't Brandy try entering the Quicksand Bog but changed her mind? Had she not done this, then Quentin might've not ran into the Secret Password at all. Either way, Quentin had about a minute left when he entered the Room of the Secret Password. If he went into the Quicksand Bog, then he could've had enough time to reach the Red Sash and bring it out. He did get pretty lucky in the Jester's Court though.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2013, 11:28:23 PM »
Didn't Brandy try entering the Quicksand Bog but changed her mind? Had she not done this, then Quentin might've not ran into the Secret Password at all. Either way, Quentin had about a minute left when he entered the Room of the Secret Password. If he went into the Quicksand Bog, then he could've had enough time to reach the Red Sash and bring it out. He did get pretty lucky in the Jester's Court though.

Yeah she tried, but for some odd reason decided against it. We already know the door was open.

I agree with PPF that Quentin should hardly get any blame. He moved at an average pace and did a good job at getting to the Headless Kings in short time.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 02:53:50 AM »
Honestly in my opinion, i am choosing neither of them. As much as both have faults, i think both play an equal part as usually in many runs, players follow their partners closely. in a situation like this, im sure quentin's mind was focusing on following brandy's path and thus not much time could be given to look for shortcuts. In addition, at least Brandy managed to reach back to the platform after using the rope in the pendulum, a very rare feat accomplished only by 3 more other players.
So henceforth, i am not blaming anyone but if i have to, i blame both. However, this is still my favourite blue barracuda run!