Poll

Primary blame for "The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu" loss?

Brandy
4 (80%)
Quentin
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Who do you primarily blame for "The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu" loss?  (Read 1433 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you primarily blame more for the "William the Conqueror" loss?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »
Yeah, this is probably the best center of the temple loss after "Henry Morgan". Maybe this wasn't the best choice of a run to make a poll for. But I figured the poll would be close anyways because people have always argued about Jonathan and Olivia being more responsible than the other for this being a loss. But when we get down to it, both mistakes had a negative impact on the final outcome of the run. If I make one of these polls in the future, I will try not to pick a run where it is so close that both players are literally both responsible. ;)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »
If I make one of these polls in the future, I will try not to pick a run where it is so close that both players are literally both responsible. ;)

But if you purposefully only choose the episodes in which there is one "clear" bad player (however you define that word) who made an obvious error during the run, then what is the point of even trying to make it into a discussion?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »
If I make one of these polls in the future, I will try not to pick a run where it is so close that both players are literally both responsible. ;)

But if you purposefully only choose the episodes in which there is one "clear" bad player (however you define that word) who made an obvious error during the run, then what is the point of even trying to make it into a discussion?

No, I wouldn't make a poll for an episode where the player was flat-out bad and the reason why the team loss. As I said a few posts back, I wouldn't ever bother making a poll for runs like Charles Lindbergh, Judge Roy Bean, and Enormous Feather where it was obvious why those teams lost. The reason why I made a poll for this run and Lost Lariat was because these two runs are famous where more than one player is pinned for the loss. So the point of poll is to find out who everyone here thinks is more responsible.  It would be a waste of time to do a poll dedicated to Janeen or Karisa.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 07:22:33 PM »
These players were equally responsible. We should have seen this from the beginning. Maybe we shouldn't have tried to put the blame on one person. Honestly, more than half of these center of the room AND bottom central shaft runs were losses because the players brought it on themselves. Whether it be taking a direct path, not taking shortcuts, or just in general moving like slow moving rocks. It always seems to happen with artifacts located in one of those rooms. Olivia and Jonathan were a good team sure, but they both blew it and it was both their faults.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 07:34:38 PM »
Yeah, it sucks when two good players end up losing due to a couple of honest mistakes. I am sure neither player meant to make those mistakes in the end. Perhaps Olivia wasn't paying attention to the doors opening so she climbed up the wall thinking one of the upper doors opened. And perhaps Jonathan just didn't realize that the small door to the Chamber was open. They probably got confused while racing against the clock. It wasn't like they were backtracking or walking through the temple. And speaking of center of the temple disappointments, it makes me wonder how Damien and Brittany made it one room away with the exact layout as the William the Conqueror kids...  :? :roll:

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »
And speaking of center of the temple disappointments, it makes me wonder how Damien and Brittany made it one room away with the exact layout as the William the Conqueror kids...  :? :roll:

I think Brittany and Damien's success came down to the temple guard placement and the general speed of the players in comparison with those of Jonathan and Olivia.

-- Brittany was taken out seven rooms in. Even though she got a lot of tough breaks in completing room objectives (last set of vines and second skeleton in the Tomb; last Jesters' Court painting), she was very efficient at clearing rooms.
-- Damien didn't move that quickly and had a long path to cover in order to reach where his partner left off, but all he had to do was assemble the Silver Monkey to get one room away from the artifact. Also, he still had about 1:20 left on the clock when he entered the temple and got into the Shrine with 30 seconds.

-- Olivia was taken out only three rooms in, but used up a rather significant amount of time in the Pit, leaving Jonathan with 2:15 on the clock.
-- Jonathan didn't have a long path to follow up on, so he still had ample time left to complete the remaining room objectives. Still, he had a number of rooms to complete and got stalled in the Ancient Warriors.

So if you weigh the teams' speeds and abilities to complete objectives with the temple guard placements and unnecessary amounts of time spent not completing room objectives/making progress in the temple, the "Whale Bone" and "William the Conqueror" teams ended up having about the same amount of overall success.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Who do you primarily blame for "The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman" loss?
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »
Just like the other two threads on this forum, I want to see who you guys think is more responsible for the final outcome of "The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman". This is the last thread that I will probably make for these series of topics. But I was curious on who people felt was more responsible for this loss? Here are the reasons that people usually blame for these players for losing:

• Brian - He entered the Ledges first after only trying one book in the Crypt. Because of this, he lost a lot of time and encountered a temple guard he would otherwise avoided had he not done this. Plus, he never signaled the obvious half-pendant to Gracelyn.
  • Gracelyn - She moved sluggish the moment she entered the temple and got lost in a couple of the rooms like the King's Storeroom. Plus, she missed the obvious half-pendant on the Observatory actuator.

I blame this loss primarily on Brian. He wasted a lot of time of this run because he entered the Ledges after pulling only one book in the Crypt. As a result, he met a temple guard and ate up a lot of time just trying to get out of the Ledges. He also never signaled the half-pendant to Gracelyn when it was in plain sight for him. Gracelyn should also be faulted for missing the half-pendant, but this outcome wouldn't have happened either way if Brian never entered the Ledges. Too bad also, because I think this team would've reached the Sacred Ring if it didn't end in triple capture. Too bad, because all the rooms after Medusa's Lair were pretty simple and they could've at finished with two prizes. But I blame this mostly on Brian.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you primarily blame for "The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman" loss?
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:44 PM »
Brain, easy. Unnecessarily entered the Ledges and didn't signal the half pendant to Gracelyn.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 11:37:49 PM »
Brain's extraneous time in the Ledges severely hurt this team's chance of winning. Not only did it use up time, but it also resulted in a very avoidable guard encounter. This run would not have ended in triple capture if he had avoided the Ledges altogether.

Gracelyn may have moved slowly, but it isn't like she got very far in the temple anyways. Plenty of contestants passed up half pendants, so even though her missing the half pendant ended up resulting in triple capture, it wouldn't be the first or last time that result occurred.

Overall, Brian gets my vote.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 12:40:09 AM »
Brain, easy. Unnecessarily entered the Ledges and didn't signal the half pendant to Gracelyn.
This. Brian gets my vote as well.

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 05:06:43 AM »
just like you all, my vote's on brian

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 06:30:12 AM »
I'm blaming Brian. You probably should pull a three books, otherwise this happens.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 07:32:15 AM »

Brain? ;)

Anyway, Brian gets my vote too for reasons already mentioned.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »
Man, I didn't expect Brian to get unanimous votes. I thought this one would be split between the two.  :o But it makes sense though, the outcome would've been avoided altogether if Brian never entered the Ledges. He was also sort of a fast runner, well much faster than Gracelyn at least. Perhaps if Gracelyn went in first and never entered the Ledges, she would've been taken out in Medusa's Lair and Brian might've had a chance to win.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
PPF, is it possible to merge this topic with the William the Conqueror and Lost Lariat one? I might want to cover a couple of runs in the future and instead of making separate threads all the time, I want to use this lone thread. Is that possible? :?: