Poll

Primary blame for "The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu" loss?

Brandy
4 (80%)
Quentin
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Who do you primarily blame for "The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu" loss?  (Read 1432 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
In this topic, I want to cover certain temple losses on the show where both players are a contributing factor in a temple loss. The point of this topic is to get a general consensus on who we feel is responsible for a certain loss. I will post a poll every so often and we decide who we feel is more responsible for that loss.

The "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat" temple loss? And other losses such as "Sacred Ring" and "William the Conqueror" for that matter?

Previous Results:
Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat - Chris (6), Kirk Fogg (1), Colleen (0)
The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror - Olivia (4), Jonathan (3)

The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman - Brian (7), Gracelyn (0)
The Ivory Elephant of Scheherazade - Brad (3), Monica (2)
The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King - Josh (5), Maggie (0)

The run for "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat" is infamous for key mistakes by both players on the Green Monkeys and Kirk Fogg himself. People have passed the blame around for Colleen, Chris, and even Kirk for contributing to a temple run that should've been a win. Who do you blame the most for the Lost Lariat temple run in being a loss? This is the primary argument for each player on the reason for this team losing:

• Colleen - She had a chance for a solo victory by taking the door to the Treasure Room from the Observatory, where she could've avoided the Heart Room guard altogether. She even saw that the door to the Treasure Room opened before going down to the Treasure Room.
  • Chris - He had about 2:30 to reach the Lost Lariat and he moved slow all the way to the Well. And then he slowly exits the temple by taking the worst way out.
  • Kirk Fogg - He told Chris to plow through the stone wall when Chris was trying to exit through the top floor. As a result, Chris followed his order and took the worst way out of the temple possible.

To me, I blame Chris primarily for the "Lost Lariat" run for being a loss. He was so slow and stupid. He had over 2:00 minutes to complete two rooms and ride an elevator, and he does it at such a sluggish pace. And even when he grabbed the artifact with almost a minute left, he still can't take it out of the temple in time. David from "Lawrence of Arabia" brought his artifact out with 0:27 left on the clock. Why couldn't Chris do it? The other two did contribute to the loss to a certain extent, but I blame it mostly on Chris.  :roll:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:27:53 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you primarily blame for the "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat" loss?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 03:46:31 PM »
All three of them are to blame honestly, but it's mostly Chris's fault. He was just too slow.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 04:30:43 PM »
I personally blame Kirk. It probably would've been a win if he had just kept his mouth shut after Chris grabbed the Lariat.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 05:28:27 PM »
It's mostly Chris. He mainly listened to Kirk and was a slowpoke.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 10:26:08 PM »
Well, Colleen made a crucial mistake by entering the Heart Room, but I still feel like any decent follow-up runner should've been able to bring the Lariat out in time, considering how much of the path was left to clear out and how much time she left on the clock.

Kirk did screw up the run by telling Chris to bust through the wall when he was instead going to take the upper route, but Chris chose to abandon the better plan without really thinking about it so I'm blaming him for that.  I'm also blaming Chris for just taking so long to begin with, because if he'd moved a bit faster and shaved about 20 seconds off his time, maybe taking up Kirk's suggestion wouldn't have killed the run after all.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 10:59:52 PM »
I know I've been rough on Kirk when it comes to this run, but honestly, Chris should get the most blame. He was way too slow. If David can go through the bottom level quickly, then Chris should've been able to do the same thing too.

And I don't blame Colleen for passing up the Treasure Room from the Observatory. The bar that lifts up was delayed longer than usual and she probably got impatient.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 01:29:40 AM »
Yeah, if David could pull a bottom floor victory off in 27 seconds, then Chris should've sure as hell been able to bring the Lost Lariat out with 53 seconds. And he was only two rooms behind David also. He was just so slow and he even wasted time sitting on the Throne when it was clearly not needed to be done. He had more than enough time from when Colleen was taken out to reach the artifact and bring it out in time.

And yes, Colleen did notice the Treasure Room door. But the bar kind of delayed opening up, so it seems like she kind of missed it opening. Too bad, this would've been a fast solo victory if Colleen didn't make said mistake.

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
My vote goes to Chris.

1) Same as what TRJ + PPF said
2) Colleen may have made a mistake of detouring into the center of the temple, but she left chris with more than enough time
3) kirk's suggestion could be ignored

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Who do you primarily blame more for the "William the Conqueror" loss?
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »
This topic is pretty much identical to the "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat" poll. Anyways, I am interested in seeing who people blame more for the temple loss in "The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror". Just like "Lost Lariat", this temple loss featured two players who made their own mistakes that caused them to come up short of a win. Here are the arguments for both players and why they are responsible for their losses:

• Olivia: She wasted time in the Pit of the Pendulum due to dangling on the rope and climbing the wall to the upper doors when the lower door was the only one open. This wasted 15 seconds.
  • Jonathan: The first suit that he tried opened the door to the Chamber. Instead though, he wasted 10 seconds trying the other two suits when he didn't need to.

Personally, I blame this loss more on Olivia. Her mistake was more stupid and costly than Jonathan's was. There was absolutely no reason for her to waste time climbing the wall. It was painfully obvious that the bottom floor was open for her. It would've saved her much more time to jump off this rope and into the Tomb of the Headless Kings. Jonathan did make a mistake in the Room of the Ancient Warrior, but that was more of bad judgment on his part. Plus, the temple guard ate up so much time anyways that he wouldn't have won either way. This is all on Olivia.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you primarily blame more for the "William the Conqueror" loss?
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 11:43:46 PM »
Both of those "mistakes" cost the team in that they both used up quite a bit of time. However, Olivia's climbing the wall in the Pit of the Pendulum could have probably been more easily prevented since the open door to the Tomb of the Headless Kings was quite obvious. The door leading from the Ancient Warriors to the Chamber was partially blocked by the rightmost headdress, so Jonathan probably was not able to see that the door had opened to the Chamber on the first try.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 01:20:22 AM »
Jonathan. He wasted way too much time in the Room of the Ancient Warriors. If he hadn't tried the other suits of armors, he would have escaped with the Battle Flag in time. Olivia's "mistake" only wasted a few seconds.

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 05:36:59 AM »
Honestly i would have to say both players have faults. But i would say olivia cause she wasted valuable time climbing up and she lasted only 3 rooms excluding pit. But Jonathan also plays a major part, just that he is better

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »
I thought this would be no contest. :|

I went with Olivia. Her mistakes in the pit were more costly. Note the plural. She hung around on the rope too long and she wasted even more pointless time climbing the foothold when no doors were open. Jonathan's mistake (singular) was not seeing the open door to the Flag. Honestly, I no longer blame him for that. One, the door might've been partially blocked from his view due to the room being so crammed. Two, a temple guard just stunned him. His head might not have been in the game after the temple guard encounter.

So in the end, I blame Olivia more.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 12:36:17 AM »
I don't think Olivia was dangling from the rope because she couldn't get down. I think she was trying to swing back to the platform. She didn't have any trouble climbing the wall. I am not sure why she climbed up though when Kirk even told her to jump down.

As for Jonathan, I am pretty sure Kirk told him that the door to the Chamber of the Sacred Markers was open after he tried the first armor. I am not sure why he missed it though. It seemed like some contestants like to try all three armors even if the first one opened the next door. So he could've saved himself 10 seconds if e didn't do it.

At the end of the day, both players could've saved 20+ seconds if they didn't do what they did in their runs. I slightly blame Olivia more thoug for the loss as her mistake was more unnecessary than Jonathan's.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 01:15:20 PM »
As for Jonathan, I am pretty sure Kirk told him that the door to the Chamber of the Sacred Markers was open after he tried the first armor. I am not sure why he missed it though. It seemed like some contestants like to try all three armors even if the first one opened the next door. So he could've saved himself 10 seconds if e didn't do it.

Also remember, though, that Kirk thought Jonathan was going to go up to the King's Storeroom from the Ancient Warriors. He didn't even realize that the door that opened allowed Jonathan to go straight into the Chamber of the Sacred Markers.