Author Topic: Temple Guard Locations  (Read 11792 times)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Temple Guard Locations
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2013, 11:04:35 PM »
Can you believe we have made it to the penultimate episode? It is time to look at "Ruby Earring of Benzibab."

Guards Encountered: Crypt, Tomb of the Headless Kings
Number of Unencountered Guards: 1
Rooms not Entered: King's Storeroom, Chamber of the Sacred Markers, Ancient Warriors, Shrine, Ledges, **Dark Forest

Notes: Past users noted that the King's Storeroom opened from the Pit, in addition to the Tomb of the Headless Kings. They suggested that the King's Storeroom was a more probable location than the Chamber of the Sacred Markers to hold the final guard.

My Thoughts: Unlike the two episodes directly prior to "Benzibab," the Ledges were well-lit, which suggests that room was clear.

-- Based on the King's Storeroom opening from the Pit, it would be a strong guess to believe there was a guard in one of the upper central shaft rooms. Considering it was more common in Season 3 for guards to be in the Tomb/King's Storeroom combination more often than the Tomb/Chamber, I think the most logical guess would be to place the guard in the King's Storeroom.

-- Kevin bypassed the Dark Forest trees. There could have been a guard in one of the trees. Similarly, there may have been a key to lead him up to the Shrine and then over to the Secret Password. However, I think both of these options are unlikely and improbable. Additionally, the path from the King's Storeroom may have led down to the Ancient Warriors and then back to the Chamber before going down to the Tomb of the Headless Kings, just like the "Sultan Suleiman" path. Since that path only occurred once in the show, I find it hard to believe that the Ancient Warriors was accessible during this run, so a guard was more than likely not stationed there. One may also consider that some episodes, such as "Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd," featured two doors open in the Pit without a guard being stationed in the excessive detour rooms. Still, that situation occurred rarely. Despite all of these other possible scenarios, I still believe that the guard was in the upper central shaft, more likely the King's Storeroom.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2013, 11:41:52 PM »
It seems that we made it to the final episode so quickly! We are now on "Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great."

Guards Encountered: Crypt, Tomb of the Headless Kings
Number of Unencountered Guards: 1
Rooms not Entered: King's Storeroom, Chamber of the Sacred Markers, Secret Password, Quicksand Bog, Ledges

Notes: Past users noted the fact that the Tomb of the Headless Kings was the only door that opened from the Pit. They believed the final guard was in the Secret Password.

My Thoughts: I agree that the final guard had to have been in the Secret Password. None of the other unentered rooms had the ability to hold the last guard.

-- As was mentioned in the Notes, only the Tomb of the Headless Kings opened from the Pit. Neither the King's Storeroom nor the Chamber were accessible, so neither could have held the guard. An image is provided below, courtesy video posted on youtube.com by ChargerTheWolf.

-- The Ledges were well-lit before the prize sequence, before the run started, and during the run. In addition, I don't think the producers would have stockpiled the guards in the two entrance rooms and Tomb of the Headless Kings, especially when the team had two pendants. Although the last production day was "gimmicky" in terms of both layout and temple guard placement, I don't think the Ledges are a feasible option to hold the last guard.

-- The Quicksand Bog was shown during the final credits. It should be clear from the image provide, courtesy video posted on youtube.com by ChargerTheWolf, that the Styrofoam blocks were not piled up in a way similar to that when a guard was present in the room.

-- By process of elimination, only the Room of the Secret Password remains as a viable option to hold the final guard for the "Jewel-Encrusted Egg" run.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2013, 11:50:08 PM »
Even though we made it through all 120 episodes, we have not yet identified or come to a full agreement on where all of the guards were in every episode. That being said, I think we have made some really significant progress!

Please feel free to quote unfinished episodes and continue to discuss them!

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 24, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »
I have created a list compiling our work here from this thread, and I placed it in the OP. By using that list for reference, we can easily see which episodes are unfinished and which ones have been completed. As we continue to discuss the temple guard locations further, we can adjust that list.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2014, 04:38:34 PM »
Omg, where was I when this was happening? :shock:
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2014, 06:46:10 PM »
Maybe you weren't interested in the forums at the time? :P

While this topic is bumped up, there is one episode I do want to talk about. For Very Tall Turban's temple guard locations, everyone seemed to think that one of the unencountered guards was in the Dark Forest. I disagree with this. I think the other guard was in Medusa's Lair. If you remember the Iron Mask run (yes I said it, if you remember it), Danielle ran into a guard in Medusa's Lair, and then again in the Swamp. And Tall Turban's layout was pretty much the same. Had Danielle avoided Medusa's Lair guard, she would've recorded a solo victory. And Shane as we know, recorded a solo victory himself. I think a Medusa's Lair guard was serve as a "dead end trap," and not a "secret guard trap" like if it were in the Dark Forest. Plus, Leopard Skin Cloak also had an identical layout, and Chandra also avoided the Dark Forest entirely. Yet everyone ruled out the Dark Forest in that run. I know I'm alone in thinking this, but I'm not the least bit convinced one of the guards in Tall Turban was in the Dark Forest.

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2014, 07:12:57 PM »
I think the other Temple Guard in The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba is in the Crypt. Along with Medusa's Lair, that was the only other un-entered room after grabbing the artifact. Watching his run in the Dark Forest, Shane wasn't fast enough to dodge a Temple Spirit in the Dark Forest IMO. For the Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask, I think the Temple Guard was in the Dark Forest, due to the fact that Justin went low in plowing through the wall into the Mine Shaft from the Dark Forest.
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
Yeah, I know the other guard in Tall Turban was in the Crypt, but I just think the guard I was talking about was in Medusa's Lair. Same with Iron Mask, I just don't think a temple guard would've been put in the Dark Forest in either run. I don't know, this is just my guess.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 25, 2014, 09:43:58 PM »
If you watch the Ahmed Baba run though, you can tell Medusa's Lair was locked. Shane even tries climbing up the ladder to that room, but the door is not open. So the temple guard couldn't be there unless Shane pulled a "Henry Morgan" and entered Medusa's Lair from the top floor. In the Iron Mask run, it was obvious that Medusa's Lair was open because you could see the room color and lights from the Laser Light Room. In Ahmed Baba, you don't see the room above. That must mean that the last temple guard in Ahmed Baba was in the Dark Forest, most likely in the stage right tree. I don't think Shane ever tried the Dark Forest trees in the Ahmed Baba run. So the other two guards were in the Crypt and Dark Forest for that run. Another reason why Ahmed Baba was so generous with the avoidable guards.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 25, 2014, 09:52:53 PM »
I'm still not very convinced, but I guess I'll take your word for it. And what about Leopard Skin Cloak? Didn't we agree that the other temple guard was in the Ledges? That would probably make sense, though a guard in the Dark Forest there makes sense too.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 25, 2014, 10:00:59 PM »
Did Chandra ever try the Dark Forest teams in Annie Oakley? I don't quite remember, but I thought that the last guard was in the Ledges. Chandra and Nick encountered a temple guard one room away in their run. If they entered the Ledges, then Chandra would've been taken out quickly. But I think the Dark Forest could be possible too. Didn't the temple spirits usually raise their limbs if there was a guard there? Because it is obvious in runs like Butch Cassidy, Montezuma, and Snow Cone. I need to go back and watch Annie Oakley again.

And speaking temple guard layouts, which run do you think had the most generous temple guard layout? I have to say Poseidon because Kimberly took the most direct path to the Trident and didn't even encounter a single guard. But in runs like Metal Beard and Bandit Queen (also with identical paths), both teams encounter two guards on the bottom floor. And those two teams won.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 25, 2014, 10:04:46 PM »
No, Chandra did not attempt the trees in Annie Oakley. So the third guard just might've been in there.

And I agree about Poseidon having the most generous temple guard placement. It's funny how Kimberly doesn't run into any temple guards, and still loses. Yet the teams in Metal Beard and Secret Map have an identical path, and two temple guards along the way, but they end up winning.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2014, 03:34:34 AM »
I just read up on "The Mysterious Manuscript" possible locations. I don't think just because it swivels means that the guard was supposed to be there.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2014, 11:30:19 AM »
I agree, I am not entirely convinced that the last guard in Mary Shelley was in the Room of the Ancient Warriors. I think that the headdress was just out of alignment. The last guard in that run had to be in either the Ledges, Secret Password, or Quicksand Bog. I wouldn't be surprised if Kate and Larry were forced into the Room of the Secret Password either. Especially considering how tough all of the paths were that day. :o I am going to say that the last guard was in one of those two rooms. The Chamber guard was avoidable in that run, and I don't think that the producers would allow a solo run on that day. So I am going to guess Larry would've bene forced into the Secret Password and meet a guard there.

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2014, 12:44:55 PM »
^ I agree, TRJ. The Warrior (no not the wrestler :P) could've been out of alignment, due to the nature of the objective. I haven't watched The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley in awhile, so I'll have to watch the run again, but I'm probably certain that the guard was in The Room of the Secret Password.
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.