Author Topic: Rate the Failed Escape run - Day 17: Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave it a 5. It was a nailbiter of a run, but what ruins it is Jason's major hesitation. And don't get me started on his exit plan. And yeah, this layout was basically handed to them as a win, and Jason still couldn't make it out. I guess he was just nervous?

EDIT: Oh, and title changed from "Sir Edmund Hilary" to "Icarus" in the OP.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:33:59 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: Rate the Legends Runs, Artifact Reached - Day 2: The Broken Wing of Icarus
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 12:40:39 AM »
I say 5, all you need to do is remove one bad thing (like going to the Observatory) and this is a win. Jason lost by inches.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 01:00:33 AM »
I gave Icarus a 5 also. It was more painful to watch Jason piss away the run rather than being able to enjoy it. Jason was a moron and he deserved to lose. He hesitated too much and made useless detours that cost him some time. Even when he grabbed the Broken Wing with plenty of time, he still fails to escape with it. What saves this run from getting a lower score was the ending being memorable and a nail biter until the end. So the ending was rather exciting and not cringeworthy like "Enormous Feather" and "Lost Lariat". But still, there are better "failed to bring artifacts out" episodes.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:06:23 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Weird, I am able to remove my polls and add new ones. :o

I think that option is only given to mods. I had the same problem in my "Rating" thread.

I gave the Icarus run a 6. It was an incredibly memorable run with a very exciting finish. Jason's exit strategy may have been heinous, but it made for a unique and memorable episode. The path taken in this run was also a pleasant change from the rather monotonous straight-line paths featured in most of Season 2.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 08:50:43 PM »
I'm cutting this poll short. Seven voters seems like the norm, so yeah, next run: Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat.

Icarus scored a 4.57 average. Not too good.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
PPF, I think you should take over. I can't remove a poll anymore and the date expiration feature isn't showing up for me.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 09:33:06 PM »
I'm not really into these threads and leading everything honestly. I know it's not too much work, but I'm just not interested. =/

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 09:35:54 PM »
Then there's only one real solution to this problem: use the site RJF used for the temple rooms.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Rate the Failed Escape run - Day 3: Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 08:43:04 PM »
I have decided to continue PP319's idea of rating all the temple runs where the contestants grab the artifacts and failed to escape. So credit goes to PP319 since this was his idea. Perhaps the mods can merge the old topic with this one and I can continue making the daily polls for him? Last time we left off of Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat, so we will use that as our next poll.

Just like the other rating topics, I feel like we should do the same for the runs where the artifact was reached, but not brought out of the temple. In other words, the team got the second prize, but not the third one. 10 = awesome and 1 = crap (although you probably knew this by now). Each run will be chosen at random. The poll for each run will be open for 24 hours. Once time is up, I'll post the average total for each run. Please take a couple of seconds to vote and please feel free to comment.

Day Three: "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat"
Season: One
Players: Colleen and Chris of the Green Monkeys
Artifact Location: The Well
Time left when artifact was grabbed: 52 seconds

Previous Results:
The Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary: 7.4
The Broken Wing of Icarus: 4.57

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Failed Escape run - Day 3: Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 08:46:46 PM »
I am going to give Lost Lariat a 5. The run started out decent for the first thirty seconds, but then it went downhill as soon as Chris entered the temple. Seriously, Chris was so stupid and was a lost cause. All he had to do was assemble a monkey and ride the elevator down to the Well. Yet, he moves slowly and looks lost and clueless. And even when he grabs the Lariat with almost a minute left, he still can't bring it out in time because he is so slow and takes the worst way out. This loss was still pretty memorable for all the mistakes made by Colleen, Kirk, and Chris. And while Colleen and Kirk are sort of responsible for this loss, so is Chris for being stupid. An easy win flushed down the toilet.  :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 08:53:19 PM »
Thank you PP4L. To be honest, I lost interest in continuing that topic. I just couldn't keep up with it for some reason. Maybe it was because I had trouble with posting a new poll. Although I will agree that the posts in that topic should be merged with this one and you can continue with posting new polls, assuming you are able to do that (unlike me). ;)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 08:55:43 PM »
Oh, and my score for Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat. It gets a 5 from me. Colleen was solid. Chris was doing okay until he entered the Torch Room. That's when the run took a turn for the worst. He was ABOUT to re-enter the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, but Kirk just had to chime in telling him to bust through the wall instead. Of course, Chris should've ignored him, but still Kirk should hold some blame for that. :roll:

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 08:59:28 PM »
Thank you PP4L. To be honest, I lost interest in continuing that topic. I just couldn't keep up with it for some reason. Maybe it was because I had trouble with posting a new poll. Although I will agree that the posts in that topic should be merged with this one and you can continue with posting new polls, assuming you are able to do that (unlike me). ;)

I didn't do anything. TRJ set this all up.  ;)

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 09:12:51 PM »
I gave "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat" a 6. For all of the things that went wrong with this run, they still had a pretty successful run. I feel there were several redeeming aspects to this run.

Colleen could have avoided the Heart Room and the guard there, making this a potential solo victory. Chris wasted a lot of time placing torches in the pedestals in the Torch Room instead of immediately taking the Well, but at least he showed that he knew how to complete that room (unlike Jackie, who needed to complete that objective). Chris' squatting position in the Well was brilliant in that he could easily get out. Once Chris grabbed the Lariat, he began to head up to the ladder, which would have probably led to a victory as well.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 09:25:02 PM »

I didn't do anything. TRJ set this all up.  ;)

:oops: I thought I saw your name in the first post. Sorry. :oops:

Anyway, thanks TRJ.