Author Topic: Rate the Temple Guard Encounters  (Read 927 times)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Temple Guard Encounters
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 06:11:04 PM »
Galileo's Cannonball got a score of 3.25, the highest of the episodes thus far. Next up will be "Wild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's Hand," which featured guards in the Cave of Sighs, Heart Room, and Swamp.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 10:44:09 PM »
I gave the "Dead Man's Hand" a 4. Although I don't find this episode's temple guards extremely memorable, I found them to be very funny upon re-watching the run. The Cave of Sighs guard surprised Joshua, and he fell into a sitting position. His reaction to the Heart Room guard was also pretty good. Then, Sara's encounter in the Swamp was pretty cool because after she gave the guard the pendant, he lifelessly flung himself back into the Styrofoam blocks.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 12:44:42 AM »
I don't know, I gave the temple guards a score of a 2. This run is already forgettable and when I do remember it, I don't think about the temple guards. I do remember the temple guard in the Swamp vaguely. But other than that, the guards and the whole run is forgettable.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 01:04:35 AM »
I also give it a 2. There was very little memorable about this capture, since this run was mostly forgettable.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 12:12:45 AM »
Wild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's Hand ended with an average of 2.67. Next up will be John Henry's Lost Hammer, which had guards in the Heart Room and Throne Room.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:33 AM »
I give it a 4. For the Heart Room temple guard that was delayed to end Kim's pathetic attempt at pressing buttons sooner. The Throne Room guard wasn't very memorable, but the Heart Room guard was pretty funny emerging late.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 01:47:03 AM »
I also gave the Lost Hammer temple guards a 4. That Heart Room guard definitely sticks out when thinking about this run. It took him a while to enter the room, and when he captures Kim, he leaves abruptly too. He didn't jump out at her like they usually do. It had to be a mercy guard. :oops:

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 09:27:16 AM »
First off, I'd like to thank the mods for continuously opening the poll back up for each new day. I really appreciate it.

I, too, gave the Lost Hammer a 4 because the Heart Room guard was very memorable. I doubt that this guard was originally stationed to be there. Either this guard or the guard in the Shrine during the "Mary Shelley" run had to have been the most delayed guard of the entire show.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 10:51:32 AM »
John Henry's Lost Hammer finished with an even 4.00.

Next up will be Golden Cricket Cage of Khan, which featured guards in the Throne Room and Heart Room.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 03:58:16 PM »
This temple guard encounter gets a 2. Even for this pitiful temple run, neither temple guard was memorable.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »
I gave "Cricket Cage" a 3. I found Jon's reactions to the temple guards funny. This run was an abomination, but the temple guard encounters are the one aspect of this run that are tolerable.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 04:11:09 PM »
I give these encounters a 5! They're responsible for removing the abomination that is John from the temple. :D

Then came in Tia. :roll:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 04:31:49 PM »
I give these encounters a 5! They're responsible for removing the abomination that is John from the temple. :D

Then came in Tia. :roll:

That has to be the funniest, yet most truthful, thing I've ever heard! I agree wholeheartedly!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
I gave the Golden Cricket Cage guards a 3. This run is more memorable for the bad players than the temple guards. Its not like the temple guards were mercy killers either like in the "Lost Hammer" run. Although it was nice to see John removed from the temple, but then came in Tia.  :oops:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
Also, didn't the second temple guard cackle at John? You can hear it while Tia is entering the temple. If that is the case, I might change my vote.