Author Topic: Rate the Legends Win - Day 32: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress  (Read 3735 times)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 6: The Mask of Shaka Zulu
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2013, 02:19:08 AM »
I gave this run a 2 also. The only thing I have to add is that, if the Holes of Python was meant to be a dead end, it would have been unusual compared to every other Swamp space dead end in that it would have been the only one to NOT feature a temple guard in the dead end room.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »
Actually, the Holes of Python was not a deadend in the Shaka Zulu run. If you watch Olmec's temple rundown, you can see that the Treasure Chest in the Treasure Room was already open. So if the doors to the Tomb were actually locked, Bobby could get to the Treasure Room from the Holes of Python. So the run wouldn't have end up like the "Stone Marker" and "Leonardo Da Vinci" runs where the team was actually forced to take an alternate path from the Swamp space.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Actually, the Holes of Python was not a deadend in the Shaka Zulu run. If you watch Olmec's temple rundown, you can see that the Treasure Chest in the Treasure Room was already open. So if the doors to the Tomb were actually locked, Bobby could get to the Treasure Room from the Holes of Python. So the run wouldn't have end up like the "Stone Marker" and "Leonardo Da Vinci" runs where the team was actually forced to take an alternate path from the Swamp space.

Very good point. I was saying that HAD it been meant to be a dead end, it would have been the only one to not house a temple guard. But combining the lack of a temple guard with the opened treasure chest, it seems convincing that the team was meant to head up from the Holes of Python to the Treasure Room, then around and back down, like the "Missing Weather Maps" run.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2013, 11:28:52 AM »

Very good point. I was saying that HAD it been meant to be a dead end, it would have been the only one to not house a temple guard. But combining the lack of a temple guard with the opened treasure chest, it seems convincing that the team was meant to head up from the Holes of Python to the Treasure Room, then around and back down, like the "Missing Weather Maps" run.

Or Empress Theodora  ;)

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2013, 12:01:40 PM »

Or Empress Theodora  ;)

Right, except in the Empress Theodora run, the Dark Forest led up to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey rather than the Swamp leading to the King's Storeroom.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2013, 03:19:10 PM »

Yeah, almost all of the deadends in Season 1 had a temple guard. I guess that the producers learned their mistakes from the "Stone Marker" and "Leonardo Da Vinci" run and actually gave the team an option to head up from the Holes of Python. And I agree, I think Bobby was meant to go up from the Holes of Python. There is no way that was meant to be the intended path for the Red Jaguars.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013, 12:35:29 AM »
And Shaka Zulu ends with a perfect 2.0! Loser win. :roll:

Next up is "The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 7: The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013, 12:43:24 AM »
I gave Sir Gawain a score of a 7. I have mixed feelings about this win. For the most part, it was a solid effort by Tiffani. She did several things right including swinging back to the platform and taking the Shrine shortcut. But her layout was very lucky and I am surprised she never encountered a temple guard. Plus, she was very slow and if she had a layout like the "Sojourner Truth" team (same path as "Sir Gawain", except they met all three guards), then I don't see this being a win at all. I don't hold her slow speed getting the Helmet out of the temple though since that thing was so huge. Also, I have probably seen this win the most thanks to Nick GaS. A pretty solid solo win, but I still like Atocha better.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2013, 01:18:53 AM »
I also gave it a 7, for the same reasons. And yeah, this was WAY overplayed on Nick Gas. I pretty much know the entire episode by heart.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2013, 09:23:19 AM »
I gave the "Sir Gawain" run an 8. Tiffani may have gotten a break with the lack of temple guards, but I feel that that should not be held against her; several of the victories on the show came about because of slightly easier paths and paths where teams avoided multiple guards to score solo wins. As far as Tiffani's run goes, I believe that her actual performance in the temple was very strong. She got back to the platform in the Pit and knew to go from the Shrine to the Dark Forest, even though the Secret Password opened. I also give her credit for lugging the "big ol' helmet" through the Pit and the Ledges. I find this win to be very solid.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2013, 10:25:43 AM »
I gave the "Sir Gawain" run an 8. Tiffani may have gotten a break with the lack of temple guards, but I feel that that should not be held against her; several of the victories on the show came about because of slightly easier paths and paths where teams avoided multiple guards to score solo wins. As far as Tiffani's run goes, I believe that her actual performance in the temple was very strong. She got back to the platform in the Pit and knew to go from the Shrine to the Dark Forest, even though the Secret Password opened. I also give her credit for lugging the "big ol' helmet" through the Pit and the Ledges. I find this win to be very solid.

Agreed. For those reasons, I gave it an 8. I know it's hard to believe that I have Bandit Queen ranked higher than Sir Gawain in my "Rank the Wins" topic and yet I gave that win a 7, but it all comes down to personal preference. I like Bandit Queen a little more, but that run had more problems than Sir Gawain, thus the difference in scores. Sir Gawain's win had less problems.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »
I say 7. Tiffani had no Temple Guards in her way enroute to the Helmet. But she deserves some credit for carrying that big ol' helmet.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2013, 12:33:55 AM »
And Sir Gawain ends with a score of 7.40. That is definitely higher than I expected, but props to it for finishing that high. ;)

Next up is "The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 8: The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2013, 12:40:49 AM »
I gave Ahmed Baba a score of a 5. Meh, I find this win to be boring and annoying. While it was awesome of Shane to travel through ten rooms to reach the artifact, this strategy was not the brightest to use either. He got lucky that the second temple guard was not in the Shrine or King's Storeroom, or else this run would've been another "Mata Hari" or "Annie Oakley" ending. But still, he did complete his rooms at a good pace. But this run just wasn't that exciting and most of the other solo runs in S2 were much more exciting. Also, the Kirk commentary is VERY annoying. I mean it literally is hard to watch this run because it is so bad. I wonder how many times Shane's name was mentioned? It was so obnoxious. :roll:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:45:14 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 8: The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2013, 12:45:38 AM »
I'm going the opposite direction as you TRJ. I gave Ahmed Baba a 7. Sure, the layout was generous with a lack of temple guards, but Shane played it right. Not perfectly, but right. This run definitely could've been a little better, but I like it as it is. Shane was a competent player who knew what he was doing for the most part.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court