Author Topic: Rate the Legends Win - Day 32: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress  (Read 3092 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 2: "The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus"
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 11:16:16 PM »
This is worthy of an 8. This was a great run. Only Atocha is a better Orange Iguana run. Elizabeth and Jason were an enthusiastic team. And I loved how Jason uses the Dog Leash across the Pit. I have this win ranked #12.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 11:57:36 PM »
I'll never understand PP4L. He gives an average run like Sforza a 7 while he gives Nostradamus, clearly the better run, a 6. This run was awesome! I gave it an 8.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 12:09:04 AM »
Well, everyone has different preferences. After all, some people like THK have argued like "Map to the Lost Gold Mine" for being an average run when a lot of people like myself enjoy it. And for the record, a lot of people like the Sforza win. They just don't post much here anymore though. ;)

The only time I would be worried if " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:" got a higher score than Nostradamus. ;)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 12:33:10 AM »
I'll never understand PP4L. He gives an average run like Sforza a 7 while he gives Nostradamus, clearly the better run, a 6. This run was awesome! I gave it an 8.

I prefer Season Three runs because I found that the rooms were more challenging and the paths were more exciting (rather than monotonous, like what happened in many Season Two runs, which featured only minor differences between a few similar paths taken in several different episodes). The temple guards in Season Three were also more epic, especially since the Room of the Ancient Warriors, Dark Forest, and Chamber of the Sacred Markers all had multiple places where a guard could come out. The more ominous aura about the temple (the darker lighting, more fog, and such) also helped make Season Three runs more suspenseful and exciting.

As far as Sforza and Nostradamus go, I enjoy Sforza more. Even though the path was significantly simpler than most other Season Three runs, it still forced the team through the three most difficult and time consuming rooms. And the fact that this was the only time that this path was featured, it made it exciting. Lacey and Asher's energy throughout the whole episode also helped to make this win (and the whole episode) exciting and memorable. I also find the Sforza run to be memorable because it was played enough that I remember it but am still excited to watch it again, as opposed to the Nostradamus run, which I found was overplayed to the point where I got sick of seeing it. The Nostradamus path took the team into the Laser Light Room and across the top floor. This path and the temple guard placement (Laser Light and Mandarin Hand Room) were common to Season Two, so it wasn't as thrilling or unexpected. For me, the only really memorable part about the Nostradamus run that distinguishes it from any other run was Jason's using the Dog Leash to cross the Pit. While that was brilliant, I think that he still would have had enough time to get out of the temple, even if he had to jump into the Pit and escape via the Ledges.

Hopefully this will help you to understand me better. And if you would like to elaborate on why Nostradamus is "clearly the better run," I'll be happy to listen. Perhaps there is something about this run that I didn't catch. But until you explain your opinion, I have nothing to go on besides the opinions I currently hold about the episode.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »
To me, Nostradamus was more exciting than Sforza. The Nostradamus win felt more hard-fought than the Sforza win. When all you have to do is tackle the entire central column, it just seems like a cupcake layout. I didn't think the Nostradamus run was either too hard or too easy, but it was more exciting to me.

I could go on further, but I'd be wasting my time. It's not worth it due to differing opinions.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 01:58:39 PM »
Just remember that the point of this topic is not to have the same general consensus for every win. Not every win is going to be scored the exact same number as someone else is going to vote. Down the road, there is going to be some wins with deviating scores since people have different preference. Just remember some people have different preferences and it is okay to debate, just as long as you are not saying someone else's vote is bad or what not. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 12:35:08 AM »
That's it for Nostradamus. It finishes with a score of 7.60.

Next up is "The Belly Button of Buddha". ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 3: "The Belly Button of Buddha"
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 12:42:43 AM »
I gave Buddha a score of a 4. It was not a very exciting temple run to watch at all. Jennifer was so slow that it was painful to watch. She seemed to know what she was doing, but she really could've speed it up a little bit. But then again, most season one wins had slow runners, so it wasn't surprising to see her move like a rock. She also got a lucky layout too when it came to temple guards. Had she been taken out on the top floor of the temple, then Damian wouldn't even have a chance to grab the Belly Button. The most surprising part is that she moved pretty fast when she grabbed the artifact. Why didn't she do that before she grabbed? It would've been a much better and more enjoyable win?

Overall, the win is not very exciting and Jennifer got pretty lucky with her layout. It will get a 4.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 12:44:29 AM »
Again with the Fogg Ups. Tony, not Damien. ;)

And I give it a 6. Good effort by Jennifer, but it wasn't that exciting.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 09:34:05 AM »
I gave it a 6 as well. Jennifer may not've been fastest or smartest in the Temple but at least she got to the Belly Button and then she sped up and won! This episode was interesting before the Temple and the Run was just an average Solo run. #11 on wins. Can't be top 10 worthy.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »
I gave Belly Button of Buddha a 5. It was a good run. Even though Jennifer seemed to move a little slowly, it wasn't unbearable.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 02:36:49 PM »
I gave it a 5 as well.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 12:40:05 AM »
And Buddha finishes with a score of 5.33.

Next up is "The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 4: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 12:47:29 AM »
I gave Bandit Queen a score of a 7. I know this is the most loved Silver Snake win, and for good reasons too, but I find it a little overrated. Miriam was so slow and hesitant in the temple. It makes you wonder if she was taken out any later, then this episode wouldn't have been a win. There is no reason that it should take 1:45 to complete the bottom floor of the temple. Luckily for her, Zac was amazingly fast and was able to get the Secret Map out in record time. His dash out of the temple was pretty exciting too. But the layout was pretty simple for S3 standards, and it was pretty much similar to "The Ruby Earring of Benzibab", except Annie and Kevin didn't have to complete the Room of the Secret Password. Regardless, it was a fairly solid win. But not as great as people make it out to be. There are also a couple of other Silver Snake runs I like better.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 4: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 12:57:10 AM »
I give it a 7, it's a very exciting run, but Miriam brings it down. Plus, I've seen it a million times.