0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 17, 2013, 11:30:49 AM

Author Topic: Rate the Legends Room - Day 43 Jester's Court  (Read 4791 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 10: Dark Forest
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »
I always forget to hit that option that allows other users to change their vote. Don't worry, I will count PP4L's vote as an "8" when I average the scores later.  ;)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 03:02:50 PM »
Poll has been edited so you can change votes. PP4L can actually change his vote now if he still wants to. And his vote will count.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 11:38:32 PM »
It looks like that is it for the Dark Forest. So far, the Dark Forest has the highest score out of all the rooms. :P

Next up is the Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 11: Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »
The poll is set up now. This time I made sure that you could change your vote anytime during the 24 hour window. ;)

Anyways, I gave the Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge a score of a 5. It was a unique design used for the Pit, but there was a lot of stuff I didn't like about it. First off, the giant wheel was so large that it took up almost the whole Pit. The contestants could only climb down a ladder in order to even get to the bottom of it. Second of all, I am not a fan of the Pits that limited the contestant's choices. I liked where they were free to pick where to go next. Finally, this form of the Pit overstayed its welcome in Season 1. 5 layouts was WAY too long to use this room. 2-3 would've been fine, but not for more than half of the season. But still, I enjoyed the uniqueness that it brought to the Pit. Plus, it reused DD props. But I thought the Rock Quarry did a better job anyways.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2012, 12:37:31 AM »
I also give it a 5, for the same reasons. Plus, I agree about how it overstayed its welcome. Though I don't know what kind of a room could replace it. Plus, it was more useful than the Wall Climb.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »
For the same reasons TRJ mentioned, this gets a 5 for me. How the Rock Quarry was Used in one layout and this in 5 Layouts seems stupid, I mean this was used in over half the episodes in Season 1. Room stayed too long.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2012, 09:26:28 AM »
I have to agree with everyone here. A 5 from me as well. :o

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »
I gave The Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge a 4. I agree with what everybody else said regarding the Wheel Room portion. I, too, preferred the Pit when the contestant had a choice of where to go. And in addition, I disliked that the Troubled Bridge was literally just a bridge that led directly to the Observatory. I also didn't like how there were so many runs where a contestant would be led into the Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge, only to find that the one door to the inner temple was locked, so they would have to backtrack to the entrance and work themselves back into the other portion of the Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »
I also give it a 5, for the same reasons. Plus, I agree about how it overstayed its welcome. Though I don't know what kind of a room could replace it. Plus, it was more useful than the Wall Climb.

Yeah, the Wall Climb was lame. I wouldn't have mind if they went back to the Pit of Despair minus the ropes though. But the Wheel Room was definitely an improvement over the Wall Climb.

I gave The Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge a 4. I agree with what everybody else said regarding the Wheel Room portion. I, too, preferred the Pit when the contestant had a choice of where to go. And in addition, I disliked that the Troubled Bridge was literally just a bridge that led directly to the Observatory. I also didn't like how there were so many runs where a contestant would be led into the Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge, only to find that the one door to the inner temple was locked, so they would have to backtrack to the entrance and work themselves back into the other portion of the Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge.

I agree, I hate when that happened too with the whole dead end thing. At least the Rock Quarry never did this to the contestants when it was put into place. The Troubled Bridge dead end wasn't too bad (just a useless detour), but the Wheel Room dead ends were brutal. Just look at "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" and "Belshazzar".  :!:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
I always thought the Troubled Bridge dead ends in "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi" and "The Medal of Sir Edmund Hilary" were worse. But yeah, the Wheel Room dead end was pretty bad too.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »
I always thought the Troubled Bridge dead ends in "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi" and "The Medal of Sir Edmund Hilary" were worse. But yeah, the Wheel Room dead end was pretty bad too.

I disagree. I thought the "Blackbeard" and "Belshazzar" dead-ends were worse, mainly because I think climbing up from the Cave of Sighs was a tougher challenge compared to climbing down from the Gargoyle Room. Belshazzar was more deadly though due to the Harmonic Convergence supposedly being a dead-end itself. Even though Sabrina was a lost cause, the dead-end in her run was brutal too.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2012, 11:09:08 PM »
Like usual, I am going to cut the Wheel Room's time a little short since I have some studying to do tonight. I think next up is going to be the Medusa's Lair. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 12: Medusa's Lair
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2012, 11:17:05 PM »
I gave Medusa's Lair a score of a 4. I was not really a fan of this room. It had a cool concept, but it was executed poorly. You know when a temple room is too hard when you have to dumb down on the rooms objective. Expecting a contestant to get four snakes into her head was brutal. I know Tony from "Stone Head" was kind of a moron, but Whitney from "Captain John Smith" took a lot of time herself just because it was hard to get the snakes into her head. Even with two snakes, it ate up a lot of time in the run. And sometimes the snakes wouldn't go in all the way either and delayed the runner as a result. Like Michael from "Missing Eye" and Peter from "Benjamin Franklin". It was ab etter room than the Heart Room, but they kind of screwed up with the execution.  :|

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2012, 11:20:42 PM »
I also give it a 4. Not only did it have to be dumbed down like stated above, but it seemed like Medusa's Lair was always broken in every episode. It was definitely a "great idea, poor execution" type of room.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2012, 11:25:15 PM »
I also give it a 4. Not only did it have to be dumbed down like stated above, but it seemed like Medusa's Lair was always broken in every episode. It was definitely a "great idea, poor execution" type of room.

This. I gave it a 4 too. Good idea, bad execution.