0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 17, 2013, 11:30:49 AM

Author Topic: Rate the Legends Room - Day 43 Jester's Court  (Read 5159 times)

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 20: Tomb of the Headless Kings
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2012, 03:55:13 AM »
by the way, i made an error in my vote. i accidentally pressed 10. can anyone tell me how do i change my vote? thanks! :D

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2012, 08:14:46 AM »
I gave this room a 4. This was a unique room, but it seemed too challenging. They could've made it easier by getting rid of one of the kings. Also, this room is very macabre. I mean was it REALLY necessary to have screams of people play whenever a vine is pulled? And bones falling from the ceiling? Talk about creepy.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »
I would have liked to give the Tomb of the Headless Kings a high score for its very creative objective, but it was not as well executed as I had hoped. I enjoyed this room for its design and effects, but the room seemed too small and dark for its own good. Contestants spent far too long completing the whole objective because there was so much going on in the room. Some contestants took a while getting all of the vines down, while others had a hard time finding the skull. Then, there was also a chance that teams would place the skull on the wrong skeleton and have to take time to go to the other one. Plus, I didn't enjoy the excessive temple guard placements in the Tomb of the Headless Kings or their awkward placement in the most cramped, darkest corner of the room. All things considered, I gave this room a 5.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
SGLegendsfan, don't worry, I will change your vote to an 8 when I add up the votes later. ;)

And I agree, Viper. The objective of the whole room was a little over the top. I also wondered how some contestants realized when the skull fell too. Since the room was so dark, it might've been hard for them to see if it falls. I am even surprised that Kirk can see it fall sometimes.  :o

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »
Allow users to change vote option enabled. So SGLegendsfan can change the vote himself.

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »
Modified my vote. Thanks!! :D

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2012, 10:39:06 PM »
I also gave it a 5. While it wasn't a bad room, it was still way too time-consuming. There were way too many vines to pull and the skull could end up getting lost under the bones (or in War Fan's case, on a skeleton throne). Not to mention, there were a lot of temple guard encounters there.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2012, 12:33:14 AM »
Thanks for fixing the poll option. I always set it so people can change their vote, but it never seems to work when I do it. Regardless, the Tomb of the Headless Kings finish with a score of 5.25. It got a lower score than I thought. :o

Next up is the Torch Room.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 21: Torch Room
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2012, 12:38:26 AM »
I gave the Torch Room a score of a 3. I have never seen such a forgettable room in the temple. I swear, there is nothing even memorable about this room. I don't remember that it exists like 95% of the time. The design of the room is lame and boring, and it was like the producers had no idea what to turn the room into, so they threw in a couple of random torches and called it a room. And on top of that, the objective was only required if the contestants took the Well or Mine Shaft elevator. It appeared on a good portion of the show, and it was only completed twice? So lame. The only reason it didn't get a lower score because it was not a "hit the actuator" room. Still, the room is so lame and forgettable that is just another waste of space in season one. :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2012, 12:54:57 AM »
I give it a 3, easily the most forgettable room ever.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2012, 10:01:54 AM »
The Torch Room was probably one of the most thought-out room of the Season One temple in terms of objective and design aside from the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, yet it was still a very simple and forgettable room. I appreciate that it was not a "hit the actuator" room, but I wish the objective had to be completed when a contestant was heading in all directions, not just toward the Shrine. I gave the Torch Room a 3.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »
And I am going to end the Torch Room's time right here. And I don't need to calculate any averages either, since it ends up with a perfect 3.00!

Next up is the Well.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 22: Well
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2012, 10:39:13 PM »
I gave the Well a score of a 2. Wow, what a super lame room. It was just an empty space with a giant bucket. It was even more empty than the super lame Dungeon! There is really not much to say about this room except that it was a waste of space. What was wrong with the Mine Shaft? I always liked that room better and it had a better appearance. Oh yeah, any team that passed through the Well never won in the temple either. Just so lame and uninspiring. And it was so sluggish to ride too. The only thing saving it from a 1 is that the objective was more unique than other temple rooms of Season 1... but that is not saying much. :roll:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2012, 10:49:55 PM »
The part of the slow bucket and how that anyone never won when entering this room is good enough for a 1 with me.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »
To be fair, there should have been a win, but a certain Green Monkey boy had to mess everything up! :roll:

I'm still giving it a 1. The Mine Shaft is lame, but this room I feel is worse for some reason.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court